2x Ken's GDP In A 5gal Cooler DWC

Voltrom

So this is my second grow and I'm using a 5 gallon water cooler as my reservoir, I'm using two air stones in on a 7.8L/min air pump.

11893.jpg

21455.jpg

31302.jpg

Kens Cut GDP, 15 days after transplants from soil. Clones from my local dispensary. Hopefully this is the real kens cut? Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Is it more or is my plant already turning into a short bush? Those internodes and leafs are so packed. I want my indicas as short as possible.

4964.jpg

Criticism is welcome.

Excuse my spellings errors, I'm on a iphone.

I'm currently using a 250w MH 7200k bulb to veg and I have a 400w I plan on adding when my canopy gets big enough.

5753.jpg

Using Botanicare KIND nutrients (3 part)

6658.jpg

7566.jpg

It hasn't been a smooth journey but I think everything's working out right? Keep PH around 5.8 to 6.5. Let it naturally drift up, I've been battling cloudy water and high temps but I kind of figured out a system to keep it cool.

8442.jpg

Current Rez temp.

Should I lower my lights guys? I'm on 1/4 strength nutes right now. RH is 50+

It has been over a month and a week since I've transplanted these two clones from my local dispensary.

wyjy.jpg

b2e9.jpg

0eyi.jpg

Last week I discovered I had an infection of spider mites. No doubt these bastards came from the outdoor plant I foolishly brought into my indoor op. apparently I had them for weeks becuase a few weeks back I was noticing weird spots on my plants. I thought this had something to so with my folair feed but it turns out there was mites eating away for a good amount of time. I since cleaned the whole plant and sprayed it with a soap spray. I even brought the ladies into the shower and blast them with water. I have yet to see any of them spiders. Just 3 days ago I found webs in my plants.. I should have seen this sooner. Do you think it stunted the growth? I removed those leafs that were bad.

The growth was great but now I know why it wasn't perfect on the lower side.

sc9a.jpg

What they used to look like.

Random Pic.
44do.jpg

subscribed. the video you have posted is marked as private and we can not see it. you can lower your lights. place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat from it and lower your light to that level above your plants, raise the light as your plants grow.

Grew this strain last grow, loved it and can take quite abit of abuse(wouldnt advise it though lol). Fim'd i ended with 3 main tops and they all stayed bushy only stretched 6 inches in flower.

All I'm getting is internodes everywhere, I've heard if this strain not being the best but there were the healthiest looking clones so I went with it. The spider mite attack has really got me discouraged. My lush plants are not so lush and the leafs are not that green they used to be.. I'm on a full nute regime. And so far no bad side affects, no nute burn. I'm foliar feeding phd water and also phd water with ferts. It's perking up but I feel like I lost a week of growth :(.

What do you guys thinks.

iltn.jpg

I had spider mite spots for a long time and I didn't know what it was. I was so mad when I saw those webs.

subscribed. the video you have posted is marked as private and we can not see it. you can lower your lights. place your hand underneath the light bulb to the point you can not feel any heat from it and lower your light to that level above your plants, raise the light as your plants grow.

KJC it's nice to see you in one of my first real grows, I usually have the light as close as possible but lately since I've switched from 18/6 to 24/7 I've raised the light. I've done this mainly because my plants are recovering from the treatment I did to get rid of those mites. Luckily I eliminated them on the first try. I'll have to make that video public, thanks for the heads up

Also in your opinion. My plants are about 11 inches tall. It's been over a month and almost a week. What are your thoughts? I imagine with another strain this could have been over a foot or so by now? The spider mites ruined my perfect babies. I hope it grows back into a lush bush.

This is what it used to look like. I also got some slight burn from my light but that's okay.

0u69.jpg

i would keep spraying with your insecticide every 3 days for 2 weeks, the insecticides can not penetrate the eggs. it is important to get the new spider mites as they continue to hatch. your plants growth are not bad for 1 month and 1 week, lets see how fast they can recover from the spider mite damage.

i would keep spraying with your insecticide every 3 days for 2 weeks, the insecticides can not penetrate the eggs. it is important to get the new spider mites as they continue to hatch. your plants growth are not bad for 1 month and 1 week, lets see how fast they can recover from the spider mite damage.

I spray multiple times daily due to the fact that I know this makes it hard for them to reproduce. I do this daily and check under leafs. After I brought the ladies in the shower it eliminated them. I just want the leafs to perk up and the green to fill in. KJC what do you think if I flipped them to 12/12. In terms of yield? Over a month veg. From what I researched two weeks can damn near double yield.

i keep my cannabis plants in vegetative growth with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness after i read a thread on root length Vs lighting schedule where plant roots grew the longest under 16/8 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness, 18/6 was not tested. i would wait until your plants have recovered to flower them.

i keep my cannabis plants in vegetative growth with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness after i read a thread on root length Vs lighting schedule where plant roots grew the longest under 16/8 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness, 18/6 was not tested. i would wait until your plants have recovered to flower them.

Yes, yes I've come to find out that same knowledge, that roots particularly grow in the Calvin cycle, dark period. My roots are so short it's something I'm not used too. I grew a tomoto plant before this run and it just blew up under a month.

6lf9.jpg

Anyways my babies are perking up. I think when I used my initial treatment on my girls it removed the waxy protective layer on my plants. Causing them to wither a tad and look really dry.

About a month & two weeks veg.

Ladies are perking back up everyday, greener and greener. Node after node. I started a flush about 15 hours ago and I swear my plants are getting greener becuase of it. Maybe it's becuase the old soup was a week old and was full nutes. I think I might have overdone it when I did full nutes.

pqt7.jpg

The fan I have to the left hits the corner and brushes over the two ladies. Affective air exchange I think.

Here's my air intake. (Ghetto I know)
flkp.jpg

3gu2.jpg

bxfd.jpg

keas.jpg

Can you Guys believe I got this 250w with a 7000k metal halide bulb AND an extraction fan you can mount on the top for ONLY $40?

Gotta love craigslists. I also got my 400watter off CL for $50, came with a hood, ballast, and sun ago 430w hps bulb. I got two lights that output a total of 650 watts for $90. And the bulbs aren't average cheapos either, this veg bulb is amazing. My nodes are so tight and I've been blasting these little (what I suspect to be cuttings from a flowering female) for well over a month. Interested to see what this turn out to be, I want to flower when they get to two feet but this is my first MJ so wtf do I know what's gonna happen haha. I might flower them shorter, I'm not sure. It's so tight.

x3c2.jpg

g54m.jpg

Well it's been a few weeks and some things have happened. For the longest time I've been battling slime and/or what I think is a fungal problem. Not only did my babies have to battle mites. (Which I haven't totally eliminated) but theyve been thru hell. I've been running straight water for a good while and the plant seems very mature now. I just want to get her stable and flower them. I have them separated now in two containers. One has nutes and the other is just sitting in dirty water in a clear tote. I don't know what to do with the other female. This grow could have turned out better.

qgtf.jpg

As you can see I have a black layer on top of my cooler that used to have my babies in it.

xatc.jpg

And under that black layer is another layer of light proofing. Aluminum foil.

ee0g.jpg

Within days if I don't catch the temp swings and throw an ice bottle in I'll get this cloudy yucky water. (I add bleach to all my water as a pretreatment.)

It's been two solid months and this is what I have to show for it?
hb4g.jpg

42y7.jpg

To my fucking surprise just now while I typed this (8:30am) I have cloudy water again.

hr75.jpg
I never been so discouraged. It seems there's always a god damn problem. I scrub everything with bleach.

Do I have some kind of root fungus? Can anyone give any advice? This isn't suppose to be hard. I think the mites are ruining everything. Help:(

x0sq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom