2x Ken's GDP In A 5gal Cooler DWC

Don't give up. Are you running tap water or r/o water? Also what is the average water temperature in your cooler? You got to stay on top of things when you run dwc or dissaster strikes fast. If the roots are slimy then most likely you have root rot. What I did for the first time when I had root rot was I washed my bucket thoroughly and I removed all off the slimy roots and started off with light nutes. I also added dutch masters Zone to my base nutes to help fight against root rot. Good luck.

Don't give up. Are you running tap water or r/o water? Also what is the average water temperature in your cooler? You got to stay on top of things when you run dwc or dissaster strikes fast. If the roots are slimy then most likely you have root rot. What I did for the first time when I had root rot was I washed my bucket thoroughly and I removed all off the slimy roots and started off with light nutes. I also added dutch masters Zone to my base nutes to help fight against root rot. Good luck.

I'm running tap water with about 1ml of 8% bleach. This kills everything and makes sure it's dead until the bleach evaporates. Maybe it's just dust from my hydroton or maybe it's because of my temps. I do a water spray a good amount of the time and i think that water goes down the stem and thru the hydroton making dust. But thats a theory. Average temps are 65-72. And that 2 degrees over 70 is usually when I forget to add my water bottle. The cooler keeps water cold better than any tote. I don't think I have root rot but my roots aren't the prettiest. I also had a huge mound of roots when I did my last plant but yet these roots are small. They are starving I can tell. Adding nutes always makes a problem.

the chlorine bleach added to your reservoir may be hurting your roots. you want to keep spraying for spider mites every 3 days for a few weeks to make sure all the adults and eggs as they hatch are dead before you flower your plants.

the chlorine bleach added to your reservoir may be hurting your roots. you want to keep spraying for spider mites every 3 days for a few weeks to make sure all the adults and eggs as they hatch are dead before you flower your plants.

what I do is do straight water with chlorine and let that settle for a day or two then add nutes. I switched to an old 3gal cooler for one of my girls. I haven't seen any evidence that roots are being harmed tho I imagine this is possible. My roots get whiter usually over a few days from treatment.

About the spraying;

I try to spray as much water as possible. A few days ago John I straight up put both plants completely upside down and dunked them into water. I think this helped some but those damn mites never wanna completely disappear. When my plant gets larger I think it will be easier to find those suckers an kill em. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I used to think bleach was an awful idea in my Rez but it has it's benefits. Mainly no bacteria. Zone is basically the same thing. Clear Rez, etc. chloromaines. Basically right now I have them in water becuase I fear that mucky water. But I'm gonna make sure it never goes above 65f and see what happens in this cooler dwc.

I hate mites >_>

i have a friend who battled spider mites with need oil and dunking his plant tops in water to kill the spider mites, i do not believe he has managed to kill them.

I have no doubt your friend is in the struggle, it's such a hassle and a downer. My plants looked great and they still had those mites, but the mites took over...

Here's whats up, I defoliated both my girls and now their almost naked. So much leafs I took off!

I also put them in a little tote with a little h202 and a plastic bag over the two plants. This plastic bag keeps my plants REALLY moisturized lol. Maybe an RH of 100%? Ha! Anyways this is my last ditch effort guys, if this extreme leaf removal and extreme moisture DOES NOT kill these mites and it's eggs I will throw the towel in. And start over.

a9mc.jpg

I will give it three days max of high humidity and constant spraying. The bag is air tight on the tote. Meaning the water is trapped until its absorbed via the plant. I hope this wet world inside kills the mites..

On the good news side of things I just brought another lady home from another garden! Not sure what this bag seed is but I'm praying its an indica.

9tj2.jpg

There was a few ladies all the same short size and a few girls who were damn near 4-5 feet. Those are sativas and I hope this 2 footer is a indica. What y'all think?

I'm gonna flower this ASAP so I have meds sooner and while I'm doing that I'll work on the ken gdps.

She's in dirt...

Are you keeping the uninfected away from the infected?

Yes yes & YES. The whole reason any of this happened was because I foolishly brought an infected dirt plant into my grow room and shit happened. I hate MITES!

Looking good! Interested to see if it works!

Same here man..

Today marks the third day of what I call "high humidity" exposure. I'm hoping that an RH of damn near 100% has killed off all the mites & it's eggs within the past 72 Hours.

I hope to be able to give them their MUCH needed food nutrition and put them back into my 5 gal cooler today.

Another issue is my outdoor plant I want to bring inside.. Unless I make another closet op with my extra 400w hps light I don't know how I can flower an veg my gdp at the same. PLUS I saw slight mite infestation on my outdoor girl, just SLIGHT bite marks on a few leafs.

I cannot afford to put these three together and get mites again...

I'm thinking I can search every leaf and nook n cranny to find the mites. It's a very healthy outdoor plant. I just have it sitting in my backyard.

Suggestions?

Appreciate the few of you tagging alone, it makes this first MJ grow less stressful. .

One thing I noticed is that tomoto plants root like a motherfuck & MJ plants (at least my less than ideal gdps) root super damn slow. X

Update here,,

Well I did the treatment and one girl is looking okay but the other looks bag.

I put them in my 10gal cooler thinking it would be easier to cool (which it was) it never went beyond 66F this I swear to you and it's been two days since I treated my roots in hydrogen water and put them in a mega sterilized cooler.

25ux.jpg

I'm so fucking tired of trying to figure out what this ph spike and cloudiness is. Dwc shouldn't be this hard...... I don't know what to do.

Maybe my roots are diseased and this is a waste of time. Gonna chuck out the bad clone and give my single attention to one.

I need help, any ideas. I have aluminum foil and tape on the top lid. How can it be algae???? Do I have some kind of permanent bacteria?? That just won't leave??

Fuck dude, growing a 4 foot by 3 fat tomotoe fucking bush was a walk in the park compared to this.

FUCK
Ima smoke a bowl. Defeated.

-Voltrom

Don't be discouraged friend. Sometimes things happen beyond our control. Just learn from your mistakes an stay positive. It takes a while for journals to get momentum on here. And there are so many too. Unless you are doing something nobody has done, or truly phenomenal, most of the people who have been here a long time have sort of 'seen it all'. Try not to compare yourself to anyone else. Just focus on learning and improving.

I appreciate everyone's advice, everyone's "grieving" lol.. This isn't the end, and still to this day hydroponics is fascinating to me.

Next time I will never let my water get beyond 66F, I won't set my water level as high as I did, and I WON'T get attacked by a spider mite horde...

I think I just got plythium and that in combination with a high water Rez I think gave the bacteria a perfect breeding ground. No treatments stopped this bacteria from coming back. I couldn't afford to buy ingredients for a tea either.. I think I just had bacteria the whole time. :(

Back
Top Bottom