• HomeMedGrower - Dutch Treat

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Mr. Krip - Lucy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Fuzzy Duck - Blue Mystic

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thats a good way to put it 253. I almost wish there was other contest for newer growers or people that dont really have growing down to a T yet. I honestly feel like thats why alot of people dont enter the contest either because they feel they dont have a change against people that cross breed their own strains and have really nice cameras that take nice pics (granted you won with a cell phone pics )

Until then ill keep submitting my photos!

Don't get discouraged everyone.... I've entered quite a few times for NoTM and PoTM and never won, or even come close.... Its still fun though to see how well I do vs the other entries.... It always inspires me to try different things and work towards those A+ grade buds....

I keep entering contests here and keep losing. No big deal. I expect to lose. Its all about keeping things interesting here and I applaud the people who manage the contests. I am happy they give us contests to enter, and VERY happy the winners get prizes from sponsors. They all (the sponsors) get a big Thank You from me and I am loyal with my purchases to sponsors.

Complaining about entrants, prizes, or the contest in general does nobody any good.

Enjoy it, don't get worked up over it. Life isn't fair... and I am used to it so I don't complain.

Follow the rules to letter and have fun!

hahaha wow i wasnt complaining i was expressing my thoughts sorry.

It was just a general comment to move the topic along to something else. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Nothing to be sorry for. Everyone is entitled to an opinion including you and I.

i won last months NOTM with a cell phone pic.. in fact any picture i ever post is from my phone. its a hunk a junk in my opinion also lol.

That was a good cellphone pic though... and a sticky-icky nug!!!

Don't get discouraged! People's tastes change, and you never know what will win in a given month! One month I love that purple strain...a couple months later, I'm like "Oh no, not another purple."

Ive entered a couple times with some White Widow nugs. I grew it, and thought it was awesome, but I'm sure there were people going "Oh no, not another White Widow." :rofl:

I enjoy all the entries, unfortunately each month I have to decide which one I enjoy the most!

I really do think the quality of the pictures are important...and I'll give you an example. There's been months where I had a really hard time deciding between two or three entries...I found out when that happens, you start looking for very small details to help you decide.

That's me anyway... I'm sure some folks would use different criteria.

:Namaste:

yea, as long as a plants details can get picked up by the camera you have a better chance. thats very true vapedogg, one month the purples look appealing then tired of them the next. last month i entered a purple nug so this month i was torn between the grape ape i posted in the "strain review" thread or this "caviar" i entered. decided to give the non-purple strain a go since last month was my purple attempt. switching things up is nice because the same things get boring after a while

hate to be the bearer of bad news fellas but there is a competition for people to enter their own home grown nugs and its called plant of the month. rules state only plants we grew can be entered into that one..suprised you guys aren't comprehending that. why would 420 magazine have 2 competitions for our own home growns nugs? every month the plant of the month winner would be the same as nug of the month pretty much lol.

If you read the rules carefully , you will notice you CANNOT put the same pics in both contests. POTM has to be a plant with roots, still alive. NOTM has to be dried, smokable form.

amgrowr2 how medicated are you? haha j/k buddy

hollowstump was explaining why it makes no sense to have only home grown nugs for NOTM as long as plant of the month is up (hes responding to someones comment on how NOTM should be for home grown nugs only) lol he doesnt really think that their both for nugs hes saying nugs that grow on our plants are being judged in POTM for any way..no veg plants have ever won that competition...ever. so its basicially a wet nug competition. a dry nug competition with the same rules would be a little boring and repetitive.

POTM is for home grown plants as we all know lol but If NOTM had only home grown entries it'd be the same competition as POTM just in dry form. same winner more than likely, nothing new or exciting just the same nugs you saw on the plants that you voted for already. who wants to vote for the same plants twice each month?

nug of the month has nothing to do with YOUR PRIDE or EGOS!! plant of the month is where you guys earn your stripes NOTM is 420's way of making things interesting. if NOTM went away we'd never have these oppurtunities to see these amazing nugs we never knew existed. we'd never have the oppurtunity to get prizes for smoking bomb looking weed like we do now.

i get the frustration though. for the ones who came close in POTM it'd be nice to compete with other home grown nugs in NOTM for a second chance at winning prizes instead of competing against store bought nugs.

I would like to present my Dutch Treat taken down on day 54. It has a sweet creamy candy smell with a hint of citrus. This was taken down 8 days ago so I will have a complete smoke report sometime next week in my journal.

011431.JPG

018222.JPG

I would like to present my Dutch Treat taken down on day 54. It has a sweet creamy candy smell with a hint of citrus. This was taken down 8 days ago so I will have a complete smoke report sometime next week in my journal.

011431.JPG

018222.JPG

Atta boy!!:high-five: (not calling HMG a boy, everyone, since there seems to bee such a trend in high sensitivity around the forums lately)

So I get half the prize when you win, because I encouraged you to enter that bad boy(girl) right!!??:thumb:

Atta boy!!:high-five: (not calling HMG a boy, everyone, since there seems to bee such a trend in high sensitivity around the forums lately)

So I get half the prize when you win, because I encouraged you to enter that bad boy(girl) right!!??:thumb:

If I were to win you, Xlr8, Sqwheels, and 253Chiefin can draw straws for the nutrients. You guys all encouraged me to enter this month. :Namaste: I just purchased BPN and would be more than willing to help the cause to another if it were cool with 420 and Corey.

haha i just got me 3 gallons of BPN in the last contest my brotha im going to have this for at least a year or more with my small grows lol.

only reason i enter is for the 420 Nug Jar and the SNS products are always nice to have. i just used their vegetation organic growth suppliment as a foliar spray a few minutes ago. :thumb:

Hey, all! Another month of great entries! :welldone:

I've been so swamped with work, I ALMOST forgot to enter my Lucy (Barney's Farm Skunk x Mazar).

She was a POTM winner, so hopefully, her nugs will perform just as well:

DSCN18134.JPG

DSCN18302.JPG

Good luck to all!

Happy Harvests!

K

If I were to win you, Xlr8, Sqwheels, and 253Chiefin can draw straws for the nutrients. You guys all encouraged me to enter this month. :Namaste: I just purchased BPN and would be more than willing to help the cause to another if it were cool with 420 and Corey.

Oh hell no Brother, I would never accept someone else's prize!! I was kidding my friend, you deserve the whole shibang if you win!! Thanks for the gesture though!:thumb:

Wow...some killer entries this month!!!! excellent job to all that entered!!!!

Back
Top Bottom