50 watt LED spotlight any good for growing?

Bullet527

Okay so it's my first time growing and I'm not looking to grow a whole crop just a single plant to see how it goes. So will a 50 watt LED spotlight be any good? It has a color temp of 6500k and I'm attempting to grow Swazi gold.

I guess i should add it's a powerful spotlight they use at the mines near me for underground lighting so it's also on 24/7. I'll also add what the back sticker says;
Model: SOL-LED-FL-50-220.
Input: 86-265V.
Color temp: 6500k.
50W, IP65.

I've not seen a 50W LED spot. Is it 50W equivalent?
I'd go with CFLs unless someone knows a lot more about the bulb you are considering. A single LED bulb, even is it is a true 50W draw won't do a single plant well, IMO. If it is a really small grow it might work, but CFLs will give you better coverage and probably less heat issues for less money.

Oh, BTW :welcome: to :420: Best of luck!

Okay so it's my first time growing and I'm not looking to grow a whole crop just a single plant to see how it goes. So will a 50 watt LED spotlight be any good? It has a color temp of 6500k and I'm attempting to grow Swazi gold.

I guess i should add it's a powerful spotlight they use at the mines near me for underground lighting so it's also on 24/7. I'll also add what the back sticker says;
Model: SOL-LED-FL-50-220.
Input: 86-265V.
Color temp: 6500k.
50W, IP65.

Im currently using 2 of these 50w spot lights as side lighting and 2 super cheap LED grow panels as main lighting, I spent $100 in total on all 4. I tried and tested using just the 50w but the results were inferior to the cheap grow light. They work well as supplemental lighting.

Back
Top Bottom