6 Ladies Cloned Trifecta, 2019, Indoor 4x8 LED

Should I go through and cut out these type of fans. Most have been destroyed by mites. I wasn’t sure if they even do anything anymore besides provide a living/eating quarters.

8AD55E14-56B0-407C-983F-BAD68E78058B.jpeg

151550E5-66A2-4DD6-AE85-C21DB6F943E1.jpeg

95ECD133-9A0F-441F-8239-B1077E917E8E.jpeg

F1CFD1CB-AAED-4502-B19E-CD4A5F189F3C.jpeg

I am just afraid of all the stress it would cause in addition to what they have already gone through.
That’s kind of where I was with it too. They are definitely getting better though. They say 5-7 days for the pred mites to really take effect. I was doing more research today on “not so evasive” sprays. This one seems to get great reviews so I ordered some.

Tell me what you think...

Some folks are saying 2 cycles and heavy infestations were gone.

That’s kind of where I was with it too. They are definitely getting better though. They say 5-7 days for the pred mites to really take effect. I was doing more research today on “not so evasive” sprays. This one seems to get great reviews so I ordered some.

looks like you are going to beat this yet! I was skeptical. :thumb:

looks like you are going to beat this yet! I was skeptical. :thumb:
Lol, trust me... I’ve almost thrown in the towel many of times, but I keep going back to wanting to really nail down a process for heavy infestations. There doesn’t seem to be a fool proof process established that’s safe for cannabis plants... especially in bloom.

I’m not one to give up. The flowers are really looking healthy, so I feel like I owe it to them to try everything.

I have a fresh batch of compost tea on hr. 24. I just gave it another shot of molasses, and plan to feed after dinner.

I also have two 4x1’ lights to handle the sides that don’t seem to be getting as much light as the rest. I spent all day Friday researching T5 led bulbs, and think I have found a good, reasonably priced pair.

Wow I’m in let’s kill these aliens I hate bugs man I had to chop my last grow cuz of them ugh .........
You better start liking them... that’s what I’m using to combat these f’ers. I set 9500 pred mites loose on Thursday. 4 different species to get these dudes... and on top of that I turned 150 ladybugs loose the week before. Sounds counterproductive, but the mite species is very unique. They all do something different, whether it be how they attack, what “triggers” them, to how long they last. It’s been oddly fascinating. Lady bugs only (we’ll generally) eat only the pest that suck on your leaves. The pest give off a smell when they feed and that draws them in. Some beneficial bugs are blind, so that smell is all they have to go on.

I could ramble all day about those damn things... thankfully works slow, so I have time to research. We’re going to nail this mite issue down. Chopping the ladies will be the last thing I do.

You better start liking them... that’s what I’m using to combat them. I set 9500 mites loose on Thursday. 4 different species to get these dudes... and on top of that I turned 150 ladybugs loose the week before. Sounds counterproductive, but the mite species is very unique. They all do something different, whether it be how they attack, what “triggers” them, to how long they last. It’s been oddly fascinating.
it makes me all itchy just thinking about it

it makes me all itchy just thinking about it
I’ve been itching since I noticed I had them. You should try feeding with all those dudes for 3 hours under the canopy. Lol.
288621C5-EAAE-4178-BA5B-4585B2BC94D3.jpeg

Corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, almond oil, coconut oil, citric acid, water.

Give the predators a chance to work. I'd go with castille soap spray before I coated my pistils with oil.

Corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, almond oil, coconut oil, citric acid, water.

Give the predators a chance to work. I'd go with castille soap spray before I coated my pistils with oil.

That soap has oils too, but the soap will suffocate my good bugs from what I’ve read. Have you used beneficial bugs before? has the guy that recommended the soap to you? Just curious because that was my only hold back.

SMOOTH AND MOISTURIZING. Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Pure-Castile Unscented Soap offers organic and vegan ingredients for a rich, emollient lather and a moisturizing after feel. It uses organic hemp, olive, and coconut oil to nourish your clean, healthy skin.

The stuff I bought claims no harm to BIs.

Bio-Pesticide: Safe for bees, ladybugs and many other beneficial insects.

Here’s a couple shots from last night.

A98BD80A-99F2-4E93-95EE-59A81B6634B9.jpeg

9B94BD64-5E4D-4510-86CC-836B3415970D.jpeg

Har! I had no idea there was so much oil in the Dr Bronners! At least it doesn't leave any taste behind :).
I’ll let you know how this works. People say they used it at week 7 in flower and noticed nothing different besides the mites were gone after the second treatment. I’m sold if that’s the case.

@Emilya
If I have 5g of seaweed/fish mix and 5g of fresh compost tea, which would you start with? Would you alternate them?

Back
Top Bottom