9 Plant 1000W Aeroponic Caramelicious From Seed

Ok, yall been awhile. lots is going on. holidays, family, new years, new job and the FLU. just startin to feel better today. my wife had to keep things dialed in as i was seriously bed riddin.

so for the girls...7weeks in. trichs are 70% milky 30%clear. nice orange hairs everywere as this strain when finished should be very orange looking.

BIG BIG problem. SPIDER MITES!!! lots of eggs not hatched yet. I bought 20lbs dry ice to elevate CO2 to slow em down trying to keep temps down to 75 but very tough.

used 4lbs ice in hot water first day shut doors for three hours no fans. third day which was January 2nd I did not ad water to ice. I just blew air into hanging bucket and let the remaining 16lbs dissolve slowly.

I could start flushing now or in one week there are enough milky trichs for good smoke.

Just want to get rid of MITES!!!

CAN ANYONE HELP.

pix are next

MBS

My anecdotal de-fanning
Makes me prune some more, but...
I've never done a side by side
I wish I knew for sure :hmmmm:

Gator! wuz up? ok so i took some pix comparing the two plants.
So this is the un trimmed girl. she is lanky with wider spacing in between buds not as dense the main stem is (not pictured here) is bout 3 to 4 inches taller than other trimmed plant BUT less weight.

20110105-DSCF9733.jpg

This is the trimmed girl is 3 to 4 inches shorter BUT Nice and tight buds are much longer, more wieght. I think I might test this strain a second time next go around with less stress to plants just to be sure.

20110105-DSCF9734.jpg

sorry about the poor pix still recovering and getting strength back in my legs. I'm slow at walkin and everything. Never had FLU and it hit without mercy, shooting pains up legs, arms, back, in between everything else. plus still a little dizzy from time to time.

Can you advise on SPIDER MITE prob this far into flower

MBS

Can you advise on SPIDER MITE prob this far into flower
Hot Shot No Pest Strip. Never too late it kill spider mites, gas 'em. Zip it in your tent overnight with the exhaust fan(s) off.

Pruned stems budded up better than bushy sister? :hmmmm:
"Girls, all bushes will be trimmed."

Hot Shot No Pest Strip. Never too late it kill spider mites, gas 'em. Zip it in your tent overnight with the exhaust fan(s) off.

Pruned stems budded up better than bushy sister? :hmmmm:
"Girls, all bushes will be trimmed."

as we know fan factories = sugars and stretch. i think after trimmed and recovery, Buds are thankfull also extra light to lower nodes is made available.

BE ADVISED the two plants where heavily stressed. i will retest with two new babies when new grow starts in 2weeks after chop.

i have read strips leave taste but do work. trichs going amber today second day of flush hope they keep turnin fo 50/50

Thank You Gator.
As always a pleasure

Watchin "Blues Odyssey" check if any of you are into Good music or play. The Blues Rock.

Ok, I gassed with 20 pounds dry ice today for 1hr. room is 110sqft - 770 qubic

Each plant can process 2000+ppm of CO2 with 5000 lumens per sqft
I'm just under 2200 lumens per sqft so roughly 1000ppm

7plants can process 7000ppm

20lbs dry ice takes alot of water to totally disovle so I was not worried about over doin it as the water would freeze before the ice desolved so I split 20lbs into 2 hangin buckets added 2 gallons hot water to each and the fog rolled in big time.
i set my exaust to turn on 1 hr later. I checked the room bout 3 minutes into the gassing and it was one big cloud. it was a very quick peak in then i was out of there. it's alot of co2.
be carefull if you gas in high consentrations CO2 removes Oxygen from the air so your suffocating those nasty little F&*%ers.
I just check it after it's been airing out for over an hour and as i thought alot of dry ice still left in bucket. i'll place it in cooler and gas again in three days with whatever is left.

Alright, so this is what I found on the "HotShot No Pest Strip" official site.

(Do not use in kitchens (except cupboards), restaurants or areas where food is prepared or served.)

if they say not around food (consumables) then there must be a film left behind on any surface it comes in contact with. So my soon to be harvested buds would carry the film. I figure if I cant eat it then I dont want to smoke it.

I'm tryin for as chem free as possible. Dry Ice or co2 tank system is the way to kill off bugs without harsh chems.

So i lowered temps to 57 to bring out pinks and purples in the plant as i did an experiment last summer in my outdoor veg garden with 2 plants. i left them out there till late fall when night temps fell into the 50s and my bag seed plants
turned purple. so now i dropped temps indoor and my caramelicious buds are orange as the should be with hints of pink and purple hues. looks really nice.

MBS

so the chop and hang happened on tuesday. i hung them in the grow room as i took it all apart to disinfect with bleach and bug bomb the place but first i hung it all and it dryiend in 4days witch i think is to quick. i just turned a humidifier on to try to rehydrate as my friend for the last 24years is commin by to give me a hand with trimmin.

RH was at 35% room temp was at 65F should have been 45%RH at 70F.

if humidifier does not work i will rehydrate in curing jars and ad a leaf in each jar from my 10inch clones who are waitin to be transfered to a clean grow room.

MBS

Back
Top Bottom