9lb Biscotti F1 Reg Test

Welcome to a brand new week my friends.
I just thought I would put this in here for a gap fill.

I started a new project the other day that I am going to try on a plant next spring.
Friday night when I cleaned up the plants to flip Saturday, I took all the trim and started some JLF.
I also started a batch of Fish Hydrolysate made with Ocean Perch. It's safe to say that my wife doesn't want her blender back after that little experiment.
I am keeping the fish in the basement but the JLF is just going to set outside under the tree until everything starts to freeze, then I'll put it in the basement as well.

Have a wonderful week my friends 💚

IMG_20230716_075615.jpg

Three is too small an 'N' to make much of anything from. I've read that your environment can actually help determine see, less than ideal = more of a chance for males.

I've had more than my share of females as well, but I also tried to select the female seeds from the males:
I don't think it does anything to change the sex of the plants.
I think what it does is send a signal to the plant that it's time to make flowers, and they show their sex.
I have nothing to back this up, all I have are some notes that raise questions in my head.
When it comes to this hobby, most of you have forgotten more than I know at this point.

Edit: For example the first time I grew reg beans, I didn't know if they were male or female.
So as per the notes I put them in the dark for 3 days.
It was within the week and I knew I had 2 males and 1 female.
This time I have all 3 fem, and I was thinking of how often that happens with regs.
3 for 3 works for me, I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Just putting this in for a gap fill.
I'm sure you have heard me say that I'm always thinking about my next grow.
I was going to make a SIP out of storage totes but a friend of mine hooked me up with a couple shipping totes, so that's what I used. I still have a few holes to drill and a few things to get so I can finish the project.
But I also want to start the grow in a SIP starter pot so I hit the wife's cupboard and grabbed a couple containers, I know they're white/clear but I have paint.
For the sip cup I got to work with the Dremel and cut wheel and cut a pill bottle up, a few more holes and a little finishing play and it should work out ok.
Have a wonderful week my friends 💚

IMG_20230718_073924.jpg

IMG_20230718_123844.jpg

IMG_20230718_123934.jpg

IMG_20230718_123948.jpg

Just another one of those gap fill days.
So I've been doing some reading, not only here but a few other places as well. I went from thinking about how I was going to do my SIP build , to that gray matter I call a brain and got to work.
I still have 1 more hole to drill but my concept of a pot with an adjustable first stage training net is starting to come together. This should make for a nice 420 grow.
I'm just wondering how hot the water in the tank will get in a tent, maybe I'll come up with some kind of chiller🤷.
Anyway it's just a gap fill day
Enjoy the rest of your week my friends 💚

IMG_20230720_091213.jpg

IMG_20230720_091229.jpg

Just another one of those gap fill days.
So I've been doing some reading, not only here but a few other places as well. I went from thinking about how I was going to do my SIP build , to that gray matter I call a brain and got to work.
I still have 1 more hole to drill but my concept of a pot with an adjustable first stage training net is starting to come together. This should make for a nice 420 grow.
I'm just wondering how hot the water in the tank will get in a tent, maybe I'll come up with some kind of chiller🤷.
Anyway it's just a gap fill day

IMG_20230720_091213.jpg

IMG_20230720_091229.jpg
Looking good so far bro 👌🏽 I love a bit of DIY.. I was lucky enough to have a chiller already but my idea was to use a mini fridge, drill holes into it and run copper pipe I and out of it them pump water through the fridge back to my Res 🤣

But that's probably extreme if your doing a sip I'm not sure if the temp matters as much as It would growing hydro obviously AZ will know more about that.. what would an ideal temp be? 20c 68f? Maybe leave a tub In. The room and see wha happens.
Just thinking out loud 😂👌🏽

Looking good so far bro 👌🏽 I love a bit of DIY.. I was lucky enough to have a chiller already but my idea was to use a mini fridge, drill holes into it and run copper pipe I and out of it them pump water through the fridge back to my Res 🤣

But that's probably extreme if your doing a sip I'm not sure if the temp matters as much as It would growing hydro obviously AZ will know more about that.. what would an ideal temp be? 20c 68f? Maybe leave a tub In. The room and see wha happens.
Just thinking out loud 😂👌🏽
68°f sounds about right but I've never really checked into it. I don't know if it's needed, just thinking.

Update 6/22/23: And just like that today is the end of the first week of the 12/12 shift.
Everything seems to be on point with the girls with the exception of #2 this little thing is a Runt, but man is she packing it on.
#1 seems to be the strongest of the 3 with #3 pushing the competition hard.
It's not looking like I did any cleaning out last week with all the growth going on so I think I'm going to have to tuck and pick again today.
All in all everything seems to be going fairly well so on I go.
Let's see what another week brings 💚

IMG_20230722_080527.jpg

IMG_20230722_080538.jpg

IMG_20230722_080548.jpg

IMG_20230722_080624.jpg

So I'm in the lung room puff puff keep it for me puff puff again.
I've been trying to figure out how to came up with another way to hang my tower fan so the air isn't blowing in the same tired old place all the time.
I think I got it and so far so good with it and it actually works well.
I took a piece of 3/8" steel rod and drilled the ends out 5/16".
Then I cut the base off the old stand and drilled a couple holes and 💥 BOOM 💥, maybe I'll hang my other one up there with it.
Have a wonderful weekend my friends 💚

IMG_20230722_154118.jpg

IMG_20230722_154430.jpg

IMG_20230722_154344.jpg

Check this out 💚
My wife bless her heart. She wanted to do something for me for my birthday earlier this year but due to the same issues that hit us all she was unable.
Anyway I seen the smiley face van pull up to the house and my wife said, that will be for you today.
Happy belated Birthday, and this is what showed up.
This lady I have does it every time ♥️
4 inch Vivosun inline and carbon filter. I don't need it yet but when I do it will be put to good use.

IMG_20230723_132910.jpg

Check this out 💚
My wife bless her heart. She wanted to do something for me for my birthday earlier this year but due to the same issues that hit us all she was unable.
Anyway I seen the smiley face van pull up to the house and my wife said, that will be for you today.
Happy belated Birthday, and this is what showed up.
This lady I have does it every time ♥️
4 inch Vivosun inline and carbon filter. I don't need it yet but when I do it will be put to good use.

IMG_20230723_132910.jpg
Awesome! But don't kid yourself. That's likely for her so she doesn't have to smell your hobby. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just another gap fill day.
I was wondering the other day about how warm the water in a SIP would get with an inside grow. Well that got my gray matter working, I call it a brain but the wife calls it an air pocket.
Anyway I think I might have it figured out...
I went and picked up a pump and a few things from the hardware store and got busy.
After a few hours of playing on paper, I put the concept into a 3D working model.
This will also have a Ink Bird thermostat controller that I have left over from my last tent, this will be fed down through a graphite tube and into the water tank. Water heats up and the cold water from the exterior tank should cool it down. I have it setting in a condensation catch tank just in case it wants to sweat. Will it work,IDK but I'll bet we find out together.
I'll be seeing if it works when I do my next run.
Enjoy your week my friends 💚

IMG_20230724_133018.jpg

IMG_20230724_133106.jpg

IMG_20230724_133924.jpg

Update 7/26/23: Today puts me 11 days deep into the 12/12 flip and I have tiny little buds going on.
I'm going to stay with the Saturday morning updates, it just works better for me.
Time to make some flowers.

IMG_20230726_124529.jpg
Thanks for the update.

Update 7/29/23: Today puts me 2 weeks deep into the 12/12 flip and we're making flowers.
# 1 seems like she has a wind issue or maybe I need to let her dry out a little, but every morning when the light comes on she's droopy for a few hours after.
# 2 is a short little girl but like all little firecrackers she's holding her own and getting on.
#3 has made a full recovery from the light burn issue I caused, oops... and is doing just fine with her bad self.
All in all everything seems to be going fairly well so forward I go.

IMG_20230729_080506.jpg

IMG_20230729_080514.jpg

IMG_20230729_080521.jpg

IMG_20230729_080644.jpg

Update 8/5/23: Today puts me 10 days deep into making flowers but for update purposes I'm just going to call it the end of week 1.
#1 seems to be on the mend from whatever the issue was.
I had to do a combination of things with it from changing the temperature in the lung room to dimming the light back 5% but I think I got it on point again.
Today is feed day and I'm still at 3tsp Bokashi sauce and 1 tbsp of unsulfured blackstrap molasses per gallon and they seem to be doing fine with that for now.
#2 and 3 seem to be going strong and loving life.
All in all everything seems to be on point for now so forward I go.

IMG_20230805_080601.jpg

IMG_20230805_080612.jpg

IMG_20230805_080620.jpg

IMG_20230805_080633.jpg

Update 8/12/23: And just like that I hit the end of flower week 2 and they're still green.
#1 I just can't seem to make happy unless I raise the temp to the point that the other plants get mad at me, so she's just going to have to get along with the others and deal with it I guess.
#2 is a short little girl but she sure is bushier than her sisters.
#3 is coming right along with her bad self and looking good.
So far so good with everyone so forward I go.
I think I'm going to use 1 of these 3 for a hash plant but that is yet to be determined.
Other than that all is well in the Bud Bunker.

IMG_20230812_080649.jpg

IMG_20230812_080711.jpg

IMG_20230812_080724.jpg

IMG_20230812_080808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom