9th Planet Quasar 1000W LED Sponsored Journal

I take alot of my clones on the 21 day defol. with no problem . They do tend to be more branchy at this time .:peace:

Right on. I've done a little reading and it seems it's like anything else. Many different methods, many different preferences. The general consensus seems to be that 21 days is the threshold. I've never had a problem with cloning up to 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ah, I now see your setup. Looks good in theory but I believe you need another fan feeding the closet. I run bare bulb in a non ac room in summer. My 12 hour cycle is 9p to 9a. I have my fans kicking on in the day it's so hot here while my light is off. Air movement is what you need to keep your area cool. Air has low heat movement ability so we need to turn air volume 3 to 4x per min. My 4x4x6.7 was using 550 cfm running full voltage and 440 with filter ducted out window. Your area will need more then 1, 400 cfm fan to keep cool. You will need to have room 10 to 12 deg below desired operating temperature.

Cheers

I completely forgot to reply to you my friend, all apologies!

I agree, I need more movement. I did realize that my two 7" fans on the floor were on low, so I set them to high. This has given me the ability to run my AC at 62 degrees, the light at 500 watts, (50% power) and with the door closed, temps sat steady at 77 degrees.

I ran the light at full power today for all 12 hours, with the door open, and maintained 77 degrees. Not bad!

Putting another 400 cfm fan in the intake simply isn't an option for me, but I think I'll make it with my current set up. If I invest in anything more, it will be an additional dedicated circuit for the office, another 400 fan, and another filter. I have someone who would like to give me a decent tent, and that's where my mind is right now.

I'd love to use my current shelving for seedlings and clones, and potentially mothers, my closet for veg and a tent to flower in. We'll see what the next few weeks bring.

I take alot of my clones on the 21 day defol. with no problem . They do tend to be more branchy at this time .:peace:

Also, it looks like I never welcomed you to the journal, so welcome! And thanks for stopping in!

That Skunk Berry mother in flower is a big girl. She looks like a great plant to work with. Nice.

That Skunk Berry mother in flower is a big girl. She looks like a great plant to work with. Nice.

She really is pretty big, for me at least. The person who gave her to me had laid her over just past 45 degrees, and kept her low for a while. She vegged for 12 weeks before I got her, and an additional 6 weeks before I flipped the lights. 18 weeks gave her a huge root system and a massive trunk.

She's given me 16 clones, and is flowering beautifully. Her branches are super strong too.

Pretty sure she comes from a VERY well worked line. Someone put a lot of work into the breeding of this plant.

She's also very forgiving, and vigorous!

I have to say that the smell is very minimal, but I have a feeling it has to do in part with being grown in COCO. I currently have 12 clones in new soil, and look forward to seeing her perform in dirt. I'll update any noticeable changes.

Im on a quest to grow out some fine examples of skunks. I've always been an OG/Kush/Diesel kind of grower. I still love those, and will always have some on hand, but I've recently discovered just how awesome a decent skunk actually is. Even though everyone knows (academically) that skunk is a foundation strain and extremely good, it is still underrated. Just my opinion. Anyway... I'm rambling. LOL! Basically, what I am saying is... I like this plant of yours man. I will be keeping an eye on her. :rofl:

Im on a quest to grow out some fine examples of skunks. I've always been an OG/Kush/Diesel kind of grower. I still love those, and will always have some on hand, but I've recently discovered just how awesome a decent skunk actually is. Even though everyone knows (academically) that skunk is a foundation strain and extremely good, it is still underrated. Just my opinion. Anyway... I'm rambling. LOL! Basically, what I am saying is... I like this plant of yours man. I will be keeping an eye on her. :rofl:

Dude, yes.:high-five:

I get excited when I smell actual skunk while driving lol.

I've ALWAYS been a fan of Sour Diesel. I've grown multiple Kush varieties. One of my Stinkiest was ChemWreck Kush. Terpenes have a lot to do with the experience. But I have a lot tolearn about Skunk varieties. I'm really excited to see what this plant can show me in soil!

I have to say though, that in the end, it comes down to the medication and its benefits, the experience and the relief it provides from both pain and anxiety. It's difficult to find strains that aren't 50/50 or somewhere close to that ratio, and hybrids tend to give me anxiety. I'm typically either a Sativa or an Indica guy.

Here's hoping for a new and enlightening strain that I can call my "Go-To" herb, because this plant is AWESOME!!:Namaste:

Quick update.

Today is week four of flower for the SkunkBerry mother plant.
She's already starting to yellow from the bottom up, which, I suspect is a potential lockout rather than "consuming" herself. I just feel its a tad early for this type of yellowing, due to the speed of the onset. I'm not going to attempt to correct it, unless it gets crazy.

Seven of the eight clones who got transplanted to soil last week are recovering and showing new growth. One, for some reason has died. I was rough with them, because I wanted to see what their tolerances are like. I suspect I was too rough with this one.

The four that were transplanted to soil a few weeks ago are kicking ass an begging for a transplant and feed. I'm going to try to round up a bigger light, move them to the bottom shelf and begin training. Stay tuned for that.

Resin is coming on like a "Storm".

DSC_042211.JPG

DSC_04237.JPG

DSC_042117.JPG

DSC_041817.JPG

DSC_042017.JPG

DSC_040522.JPG

DSC_041516.JPG

DSC_040412.JPG

This light kicks some serious ass. It's about as intense as my grow space can accommodate. I'm thinking about doing a run at 50% power, and just a bit lower to the canopy just to see how it does. When things get above 81 degrees, I turn it down for just a bit to lower temps and it cools right down....But that isn't often.

I'm set on doing a soil run with this strain, and will use FFOF/FFHF/perlite for the next one or two flowering runs, BUT, I'm going to take a stab at HIGH BRIX the grow after that. My next strains are going to be HSO Blue Dream and Hazeman Seeds Strawberry Cough. Those will get the HB soil. Pretty stoked for this winter. Happy growing!:thumb:

looking good:thumb:
Thank you Evo, I'm really just winging it, because coco is so new to me. There are definite advantages, and disadvantages to it. I've been growing in soil for so long that I can tell the difference (lack) of smell compared to soil. The nutes have to be fairly dialed in, and being hydro-ish, the potential for nutrient lockout is already showing. I'm 4.5 weeks in, though, and don't see myself correcting it soon enough. I'll just ride it out.

But the EXPLOSIVE growth you can get in coco is insane. It's definitely something I'll think about doing in the future again.

Your lady is looking fantastic and I agree that the light seems to be doing a great job. How do you find light penetration?

Looking good :thumb:

I would get that veg LED 5" up.

As for the LED 3/5W what I see that light only use top LED and some are only available at 3W (Osram)
Most 5W are not as effective and put out more heat per Watt.

That said I think 1000W LED is to much for 4x4 or 5x5 compared to 1000W Hps, should be more like 750W to get some savings.

I saw some studies on UV and most say last 2 weeks is enough to get more resign and 3% more THC
If I remember right it ones ay s 2hr the last 2 weeks is enough.

Your lady is looking fantastic and I agree that the light seems to be doing a great job. How do you find light penetration?

Thanks Blaze! Since I'm so new to LED as well, I can only speculate as to its efficacy with regard to penetration. I can say for sure that at full power, the lowers get illuminated pretty well. The best way to tell if it's been getting down there will be by judging flower development around week 7 I suppose.

Looking good :thumb:

I would get that veg LED 5" up.

As for the LED 3/5W what I see that light only use top LED and some are only available at 3W (Osram)
Most 5W are not as effective and put out more heat per Watt.

That said I think 1000W LED is to much for 4x4 or 5x5 compared to 1000W Hps, should be more like 750W to get some savings.

I saw some studies on UV and most say last 2 weeks is enough to get more resign and 3% more THC
If I remember right it ones ay s 2hr the last 2 weeks is enough.

Hey there Darkgrow, welcome aboard and thanks for the insight.

I agree 1000w is a bit much for my 4x4, but so far I'm not bleaching leaves so I'm going to begin lowering the light a little.

I actually stopped using the 50w LED last week. The clones didn't like being hat close to it, though, so you're right. I'll use it again on the next round of clones, with greater height.

:goodjob::bravo: Looking nice and pretty up n here

Thanks a bunch Catnip! Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words.

I'm getting along ok for being new to coco AND LED, but I have much to learn!

Back
Top Bottom