9th Planet Quasar 1000W LED Sponsored Journal

:straightface:I am really scared of co
A friend of me lost his kid wth that shit
Sorry that i cant help you with that matter

Ur looking after that big girl well;) good job.ur friend whoever trained her is cleary a master grower she is a beast;) keep her green she is gna produce alot of buds;) here are my 2 auto ladies 9 weeks old today topped lstd and supercropped to achive the structures u see.grown with basic leds ;) just now flowering.automazar on the right .and norhern light blue on the left;)
DSC_004945.JPG
DSC_005045.JPG
20160813_114224.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Thanks Blaze! Since I'm so new to LED as well, I can only speculate as to its efficacy with regard to penetration. I can say for sure that at full power, the lowers get illuminated pretty well. The best way to tell if it's been getting down there will be by judging flower development around week 7 I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah, the proof is in the pudding. I have a feeling you will be vindicated though. ;)

:straightface:I am really scared of co
A friend of me lost his kid wth that shit
Sorry that i cant help you with that matter

O2 is Carbon Monoxide, much more dangerous than Co2, Carbon Dioxide. I'm not running the Co2 at this point, but if I were, the solenoid valve is on the same timer as the exhaust fan so if the power goes out, the Co2 stops pumping. I also have o2/Co2/natural gas detectors installed in case of faulty solenoid valves, which gives me peace of mind.

Thanks beast! I'll be honest, the person who gifted me this plant had NO idea what he was doing, and was on his first grow when he trained her. He was given some advice from someone who knew what they were doing, though, and has a real knack for this it seems. A master grower he is not though. We just got lucky.:high-five:

It looks like you've got some nice things going yourself, nice to have you along! Welcome to the grow, and thanks for stopping in with the kind words! Hope to see you around.
Ur looking after that big girl well;) good job.ur friend whoever trained her is cleary a master grower she is a beast;) keep her green she is gna produce alot of buds;) here are my 2 auto ladies 9 weeks old today topped lstd and supercropped to achive the structures u see.grown with basic leds ;) just now flowering.automazar on the right .and norhern light blue on the left;)
DSC_004945.JPG
DSC_005045.JPG
20160813_114224.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Put in some work today on the grow, transplanted four to soil, brightened things up with some MH lighting and took some pictures. Update tomorrow when I'm not so tired...:Namaste:

Yeah, the proof is in the pudding. I have a feeling you will be vindicated though. ;)
We shall see in four weeks brotha, we shall see!:high-five:

O2 is Carbon Monoxide, much more dangerous than Co2, Carbon Dioxide. I'm not running the Co2 at this point, but if I were, the solenoid valve is on the same timer as the exhaust fan so if the power goes out, the Co2 stops pumping. I also have o2/Co2/natural gas detectors installed in case of faulty solenoid valves, which gives me peace of mind.

Actually, Brother, O2 is Oxygen and CO is Cabon Monoxide and your detector probably is detecting CO and not O2. Carbon Dioxide (CO2) can kill, also, so you should NOT be in your growroom (and you should turn off ventilation) when you're applying it! ;)

Lmao, yeah, I typed o2 instead of the Co that I was literally replying to:lot-o-toke:

I need you in my life Krip.:rofl:

Thanks for pointing out. My detector is Co/smoke, and I was smoked last night. I think I had one eye open for most of my replies last night. Sorry about that guys.

And yes, Co2 can kill, but it's typically Co that does the most harm due to it being so abundant in the combustion of natural gas/propane in homes. Like I said though, I'm on a solenoid and timer connected to the same circuit as the exhaust. I'm clearing the room every few minutes at 440 cfm, and have the flow dialed down to .5 on the reg. It would require a complete failure of the tank valve/regulator, AND a power outage at the same time to create a problem. My grow is locked, no kids or dogs to knock thinks down. I'm pretty comfortable with the set up. Plus, I'm not running the Co2 at this time so no worries.

Thanks again for pointing out the error bro. People should read proper information when reading these journals and I'd hate to be the bearer or false information for someone new. +Reps.:Namaste:
Actually, Brother, O2 is Oxygen and CO is Cabon Monoxide and your detector probably is detecting CO and not O2. Carbon Dioxide (CO2) can kill, also, so you should NOT be in your growroom (and you should turn off ventilation) when you're applying it! ;)

Lmao, yeah, I typed o2 instead of the Co that I was literally replying to:lot-o-toke:

I need you in my life Krip.:rofl:

Thanks for pointing out. My detector is Co/smoke, and I was smoked last night. I think I had one eye open for most of my replies last night. Sorry about that guys.

And yes, Co2 can kill, but it's typically Co that does the most harm due to it being so abundant in the combustion of natural gas/propane in homes. Like I said though, I'm on a solenoid and timer connected to the same circuit as the exhaust. I'm clearing the room every few minutes at 440 cfm, and have the flow dialed down to .5 on the reg. It would require a complete failure of the tank valve/regulator, AND a power outage at the same time to create a problem. My grow is locked, no kids or dogs to knock thinks down. I'm pretty comfortable with the set up. Plus, I'm not running the Co2 at this time so no worries.

Thanks again for pointing out the error bro. People should read proper information when reading these journals and I'd hate to be the bearer or false information for someone new. +Reps.:Namaste:

Just lookin' out for you, Brother! :high-five:

Alright, quick update.

I had to make some choices yesterday, about what to do with all these clones. Really, it comes down to several things.

1. I'm pulling a ton of wattage between this 1030w beast of a light, my 6" exhause fan, two 7" floor/desktop fans, a 10,000 BTU window unit AC, a 125w CFL veg light, and my computer/printer etc,

2. All I have is a 46"x17"x72" wire rack shelving system to veg in.

3. I need to get a three part cycle dialed in and need more space lol.

Long story short, I went ahead and fired up the old 600w MH/HPS digital ballast- It's dimable to 75% and 50%. I'm running her at 50% using an Ushio MH bulb, Forgot how pretty the Ushio color is!
Anyway, I transplanted the four large clones into two, 7gal Geo Pots, and two, 5gal Geo Pots.
The two in the 7 gals got planted sideways, as an experiment. This is how the mother plant was done, but in coco.
The two in 5gals got the old upright treatment.
I'm going begin pulling them over, and try to keep their height at no more than 4" from the light. That is the height they're at now and loving it at only 300w of MH.
The home AC register is in the back and under the shelving system, which allows enough cold air to blow around the pots. I also added a 7" fan in here to circulate cool air and strengthen plants.

I'm going to veg these for the next Mmmmmm....I'll say five weeks, with 4-ish left on the Skunk Berry Mother, giving me one week to chop, trim, dry and jar....I'm pushing it.

The remaining seven clones will go into small black pots in 11 days max. that will put them at 24 days since the first transplant into soil, same as the ones I just transplanted.

Things are barely fitting, and will be even cozier once I have seven 1.5 gallon pots to house. It's ok, I'll figure it out.
I have an offer to use a 4.5'x 4.5' tent, but really have no good place to set it up. This run will make or break the decision to change some things around to accommodate the tent, or not. I'd really rather not.

Long story (less) short, I'm pushing the envelope with wattage, space and electricity. Sounds like fun!!:wood:

DSC_044510.JPG

DSC_044611.JPG

DSC_044810.JPG

DSC_044410.JPG

DSC_044311.JPG

DSC_044210.JPG

DSC_043810.JPG

DSC_04398.JPG

Nothing like pushing the envelope, Brother! :high-five:

Better yank the phone out of that room! I'd hate to see you get a phone call and trip the breaker! :rofl:

Girls look great! :welldone:

You know it Brother. Found out the hard way yesterday, that my swamp cooler, (I have both swamp and central air) is on the same circuit as this CIRCUS:rofl:

I'm having a dedicated circuit put in soon, hopefully with 220 as well. Not sure exactly how soon, but within the month.:high-five:

Thanks for the kind words.

How about that mother plant, though....A tad early for that kind of yellowing don't you think? I hope she makes it.

Nothing like pushing the envelope, Brother! :high-five:

Better yank the phone out of that room! I'd hate to see you get a phone call and trip the breaker! :rofl:

Girls look great! :welldone:

You know it Brother. Found out the hard way yesterday, that my swamp cooler, (I have both swamp and central air) is on the same circuit as this CIRCUS:rofl:

I'm having a dedicated circuit put in soon, hopefully with 220 as well. Not sure exactly how soon, but within the month.:high-five:

Thanks for the kind words.

How about that mother plant, though....A tad early for that kind of yellowing don't you think? I hope she makes it.

Nice on the electrical upgrades! :thumb:

She does look like she has a severe Mag deficiency. Have you been giving Cal-Mag and/or using R/O?

I just read on another thread (literally, within the last hour, or so) one of the LED growers commenting that the closer he had his LED's to the plants, the more he had to up the Magnesium.

This "resonated" with me because the Sour OG I'm growing now was so tall, she was real close to the lights, and it's the first time I've had a serious mag deficiency with any of my girls, since I DON'T use R/O.

I almost NEVER have to add Cal-Mag but did on this grow and, maybe, it was due to the short distance to the lights this time?

Being you're using those turbo-charged, super powered, next generation, technologically advanced monster LED's, maybe you need to increase the Mag??? :hmmmm:

Nice on the electrical upgrades! :thumb:

She does look like she has a severe Mag deficiency. Have you been giving Cal-Mag and/or using R/O?

I just read on another thread (literally, within the last hour, or so) one of the LED growers commenting that the closer he had his LED's to the plants, the more he had to up the Magnesium.

This "resonated" with me because the Sour OG I'm growing now was so tall, she was real close to the lights, and it's the first time I've had a serious mag deficiency with any of my girls, since I DON'T use R/O.

I almost NEVER have to add Cal-Mag but did on this grow and, maybe, it was due to the short distance to the lights this time?

Being you're using those turbo-charged, super powered, next generation, technologically advanced monster LED's, maybe you need to increase the Mag??? :hmmmm:

Actually, I have. I've supplemented Cal/Mag every watering since mid veg. (Except two, one in veg and one yesterday).
This looks more like a whole-leaf deficiency, whereas Mg def looks like each serration has its own pocket of yellowing. In late veg she had the onset of Mg def, and it cleared up pretty quickly with the Cal/Mag supplement.

I use straight tap water, un-PHed (part of my problem while doing this coco run). Not buying a PH meter for one coco run either lol.
Of course I gas it off for at least 24 hours before using it, but....

I was actually reading recently that too much Mag in coco can cause nitrogen lockout, and this looks closer to N Deficiency. My 3 part nutes contain Mg, so I ramped down the Cal/Mag yesterday.

And at this point in flower, I will not feed any additional N, as the nutes also have N listed in the Micro as 5.

Nope, this late into flower, 5+weeks, I'm just going to ride it out. I can see right now that if I panic and attempt to correct this, it'll get worse than if I just let it ride.:Namaste:

I don't think it's N, Brother, but you may be correct. It looks more like interveinal chlorosis to me (yellowing between the veins) and, I believe, a N deficiency would cause the veins to yellow, too. Maybe an iron deficiency?

If you don't try to fix it, how are we ever gonna figure out what it is??? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom