A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Thank you for this valuable testimony. :hug: I’m particularly pleased to hear of the success of micro dosing. When you understand even a little about the ECS you can see the sense in what we’re doing. The more I go along this path the more likely I am to think of cannabis as food.

I find it surprising Sue that you consider 10 to 15 mg as micro-dosing. As I mentioned to, No Pain, I have been taking a CBD/THC infused olive oil for my arthritic knees and I believe I am taking at least 15 mg of each per day. I really have to figure out my exact dosage.

So may I please ask if 10 to 15 mg per day is considered micro-dosing what would a full dose be for fighting cancer?

Thank you for this valuable testimony. :hug: I’m particularly pleased to hear of the success of micro dosing. When you understand even a little about the ECS you can see the sense in what we’re doing. The more I go along this path the more likely I am to think of cannabis as food.

You're welcome. I am a firm believer in micro dosing . A food I would be inclined to agree with you. If you haven't seen it yet would suggest that you look up Dr. William Courtney on you tube . He has some very interesting videos as well as his wives testimony of her experience.

Thank you very much, No Pain; your posting was very encouraging. I actually started taking CBD oil about four months ago because a lady I knew highly recommended it for my arthritic knees. I also take THC oil with my CBD oil in the evenings because I enjoy the euphoria and I do sleep like a baby also from it.

So I will definitely be continuing my regiment hoping it may also help with my prostate. Thank you again for your informative and encouraging posting No Pain.

You are very welcome Homer . Good to here that you are already using .

I find it surprising Sue that you consider 10 to 15 mg as micro-dosing. As I mentioned to, No Pain, I have been taking a CBD/THC infused olive oil for my arthritic knees and I believe I am taking at least 15 mg of each per day. I really have to figure out my exact dosage.

So may I please ask if 10 to 15 mg per day is considered micro-dosing what would a full dose be for fighting cancer?

Homer in my opinion 10-15mg a day is micro dosing. in regards to fighting cancer : meaning that you have been diagnosed with it . it is recommended that you take 1gm a day ...this is what was recommended to all the individuals in my post that had been diagnosed with it. Now when I speak of oil I'm taking about Pure cannabis oil not infused oil . To me measuring out and taking pure cannabis oil is the only way to truly now how many mg's you are taking unless you have the ability to have your infused oil tested .

You are very welcome Homer . Good to here that you are already using .

Homer in my opinion 10-15mg a day is micro dosing. in regards to fighting cancer : meaning that you have been diagnosed with it . it is recommended that you take 1gm a day ...this is what was recommended to all the individuals in my post that had been diagnosed with it. Now when I speak of oil I'm taking about Pure cannabis oil not infused oil . To me measuring out and taking pure cannabis oil is the only way to truly now how many mg's you are taking unless you have the ability to have your infused oil tested .

I can see why you would consider 10 to 15 mg a day as micro-dosing if one gram is recommended for fighting cancer. Mathematically that works out to about the equivalence of an ounce of marijuana at 20% THC/CBD levels every 4 ½ days. Back in my old chronic days the most I ever managed to smoke was about an ounce a week so I understand what that kind of dosing would be like.

Hopefully, I don’t have cancer and I can just continue on with my micro-dosing hoping it will lower my PSA levels. Thanks again for the information No Pain but I hope you understand when I say I hope I won’t need it.

I can see why you would consider 10 to 15 mg a day as micro-dosing if one gram is recommended for fighting cancer. Mathematically that works out to about the equivalence of an ounce of marijuana at 20% THC/CBD levels every 4 ½ days. Back in my old chronic days the most I ever managed to smoke was about an ounce a week so I understand what that kind of dosing would be like.

Hopefully, I don’t have cancer and I can just continue on with my micro-dosing hoping it will lower my PSA levels. Thanks again for the information No Pain but I hope you understand when I say I hope I won’t need it.

I understand completely Homer and I hope that you don't need it either . However in the event that you deem it necessary I would recommend a good indica and to take it at night so you get a nice good long deep sleep as that is when the body switches more into repair mode ! The other thing is that you can increase your dosing by doing lighter doses throughout the day whether you are micro dosing or going for the full gram . The object is to keep the cannabinoids active in your system and if memory serves me right I want to say their half life is 8 hours and that can be extended by taking some aspirin ( I don't know for how long, but its why aspirin works it helps extend the life of the bodies natural cannabinoids ) .

I understand completely Homer and I hope that you don't need it either . However in the event that you deem it necessary I would recommend a good indica and to take it at night so you get a nice good long deep sleep as that is when the body switches more into repair mode ! The other thing is that you can increase your dosing by doing lighter doses throughout the day whether you are micro dosing or going for the full gram . The object is to keep the cannabinoids active in your system and if memory serves me right I want to say their half life is 8 hours and that can be extended by taking some aspirin ( I don't know for how long, but its why aspirin works it helps extend the life of the bodies natural cannabinoids ) .

I actually am using an Indica in the evening along with a CBD strain and since starting I am sleeping like a baby and my joints do seem better as far as pain and stiffness and definitely better as far as inflammation. And I admit I do enjoy feeling, “medicated”, in the evenings but I abstain during the day because I like to be productive then and I don’t want to be medicated all the time. I seem to have struck a nice balance. So I am hoping I won’t have to do the 1 g regiment.

I just wonder what the CBD to THC ratio is suggested to fight cancer or any strains in particular that you know of?

Thank you again for the information No Pain; it is greatly appreciated. And thanks to everyone else who has been kind enough to offer their help and support. What a nice community we have here, it’s really a privilege to be a part of it.

I actually am using an Indica in the evening along with a CBD strain and since starting I am sleeping like a baby and my joints do seem better as far as pain and stiffness and definitely better as far as inflammation. And I admit I do enjoy feeling, “medicated”, in the evenings but I abstain during the day because I like to be productive then and I don’t want to be medicated all the time. I seem to have struck a nice balance. So I am hoping I won’t have to do the 1 g regiment.

I just wonder what the CBD to THC ratio is suggested to fight cancer or any strains in particular that you know of?

Thank you again for the information No Pain; it is greatly appreciated. And thanks to everyone else who has been kind enough to offer their help and support. What a nice community we have here, it’s really a privilege to be a part of it.

Homer I wish you the best of luck in not having to take 1gr a day treatment ….. in regards to the psychoactive effects of that kind of dosage you could offset it with cbd as it is known that cbd offsets the psychoactive effects of thc . I cant tell you the ratios as I have not research them.

in regards to cbd/thc ratios ..no documentation exists that I am aware of … in regards to cancer cells themselves all the documentation that I have come across states that its thc that kills (tells cancer cells to commit suicide) but when you have all the other cannabinoids you get a synergistic effect …look up Dr.Christina sanchez on you tube and search for her vid on thc killing cancer cells she provides a good explanation .

in regards to strains ….there isn't one that is recommended over another ..however an indica heavy strain is recommended over a sativa simply due to the indica having more of a relaxing effect and aiding in the ability of a person having a solid period of rest.

I have tried mixing and it always separates so I conclude it is not bonding to the CCO. I also tried and applying as topical mixed with equal part CCO, but I could not detect any effects from the CCO below the skin level. Also, some CCO residue remained on my skin, which I would not expect if DMSO were acting as a carrier.

It is interesting that you found DMSO and CCO to not combine, KR, because I specifically asked someone who I'd recommended that combination to and was assured the two do combine. But I recently read in another forum of someone saying they don't combine but that DMSO does combine with rosin. (Now that I write it, I'm not certain it was rosin. It was solid, is there any other solid cannabis product?)

In another forum, a user makes his own pain liniment by soaking the buds in warm DMSO for 20 minutes, then using the resulting green goo as a liniment. I am assured it all soaks into the skin leaving no residue. (So the chlorophyll is absorbed, apparently.) Presumably, that infusion could be taken as an oral cancer medication, with synergistic benefit, though the objectionable body odor that characterises oral DMSO may be a drawback.

Extracting with ethyl alcohol is getting prohibitively expensive, that's why more are resorting to poisonous isopropyl alcohol. DMSO may offer a safer, cheaper though stinky alternative means of CO extraction/medication.

Homer I wish you the best of luck in not having to take 1gr a day treatment ….. in regards to the psychoactive effects of that kind of dosage you could offset it with cbd as it is known that cbd offsets the psychoactive effects of thc . I cant tell you the ratios as I have not research them.

in regards to cbd/thc ratios ..no documentation exists that I am aware of … in regards to cancer cells themselves all the documentation that I have come across states that its thc that kills (tells cancer cells to commit suicide) but when you have all the other cannabinoids you get a synergistic effect …look up Dr.Christina sanchez on you tube and search for her vid on thc killing cancer cells she provides a good explanation .

in regards to strains ….there isn't one that is recommended over another ..however an indica heavy strain is recommended over a sativa simply due to the indica having more of a relaxing effect and aiding in the ability of a person having a solid period of rest.

Thank you for your well wishes No Pain.

I appreciate the info about THC being what kills the cancer cells because I wasn’t sure. I will check out the video thanks.

I will continue with the Indica because I do like the way I sleep so well already so I appreciate knowing that may help me also. Again thanks for the information much appreciated. I find out next Wednesday so shortly after I will post my results.

It is interesting that you found DMSO and CCO to not combine, KR, because I specifically asked someone who I'd recommended that combination to and was assured the two do combine. But I recently read in another forum of someone saying they don't combine but that DMSO does combine with rosin. (Now that I write it, I'm not certain it was rosin. It was solid, is there any other solid cannabis product?)

In another forum, a user makes his own pain liniment by soaking the buds in warm DMSO for 20 minutes, then using the resulting green goo as a liniment. I am assured it all soaks into the skin leaving no residue. (So the chlorophyll is absorbed, apparently.) Presumably, that infusion could be taken as an oral cancer medication, with synergistic benefit, though the objectionable body odor that characterises oral DMSO may be a drawback.

Extracting with ethyl alcohol is getting prohibitively expensive, that's why more are resorting to poisonous isopropyl alcohol. DMSO may offer a safer, cheaper though stinky alternative means of CO extraction/medication.

I think the first batches I mixed of CCO and DMSO separated because the DMSO was crystalizing and reliquifying as room temp hovered just around the 65 degree point. The CCO separated and sank to bottom where it didn't redissolve when DMSO reliquified. That's probably why I had to keep mixing it back in. I have a topical mix at a lower concentration (that I use for muscle pain, not cancer) and it stays mixed now that I keep it warm enough.

The DMSO I get has much less odor than I expected. My wife has noticed a new odor coming off of me but not as strong as the odor from the CCO I take, and grow, and process, a lot. I don't think that for most people the effect of low odor DMSO would be nearly as noticeable as the BO from some of the people I encounter daily at the mall where I work. Seriously, low odor DMSO really is low odor.

I don't know how it would work as an extracting agent. It would have to be used orally unless the CCO could be separated. Distilling or boiling off wouldn't work. Hmmm.... you just gave me an idea for an experiment. Maybe chilling the DMSO to fully crystalize would do the trick. Not sure how much waxes and other substances would be extracted at same time. But how can I not try it.

As for the expense of ethyl alcohol, people, get a countertop air still. The $230 I invested has saved me well over $1,000 so far. It's still not cheap, but it would look really stupid to beat cancer only to poison yourself with 'cheap' isopropyl alcohol. Anything that can cost you your health or your life is not cheap.
:Namaste:

Maybe chilling the DMSO to fully crystalize would do the trick. Not sure how much waxes and other substances would be extracted at same time. But how can I not try it.

That's an interesting idea, KR. Worth a try, though with water it doesn't take much to lower the freezing point of DMSO below that of your freezer.

On the matter of odor, I think we have it fairly well established that the smell coming off the skin of someone who drinks DMSO is caused by metabolites, and has practically nothing to do with the odor of DMSO in the bottle. Curiously, different users emanate quite different odors, varying from stale milk to creamed corn to rotting oysters.

I think the first batches I mixed of CCO and DMSO separated because the DMSO was crystalizing and reliquifying as room temp hovered just around the 65 degree point. The CCO separated and sank to bottom where it didn't redissolve when DMSO reliquified. That's probably why I had to keep mixing it back in. I have a topical mix at a lower concentration (that I use for muscle pain, not cancer) and it stays mixed now that I keep it warm enough.

The DMSO I get has much less odor than I expected. My wife has noticed a new odor coming off of me but not as strong as the odor from the CCO I take, and grow, and process, a lot. I don't think that for most people the effect of low odor DMSO would be nearly as noticeable as the BO from some of the people I encounter daily at the mall where I work. Seriously, low odor DMSO really is low odor.

I don't know how it would work as an extracting agent. It would have to be used orally unless the CCO could be separated. Distilling or boiling off wouldn't work. Hmmm.... you just gave me an idea for an experiment. Maybe chilling the DMSO to fully crystalize would do the trick. Not sure how much waxes and other substances would be extracted at same time. But how can I not try it.

As for the expense of ethyl alcohol, people, get a countertop air still. The $230 I invested has saved me well over $1,000 so far. It's still not cheap, but it would look really stupid to beat cancer only to poison yourself with 'cheap' isopropyl alcohol. Anything that can cost you your health or your life is not cheap.
:Namaste:

I "played" with DMSO a while ago. Cajun had suggested it to me. I had to stop. the odor my body was giving off was offensive to the people I work with. I was told I smelled like sour milk and garlic all the time.

I hope it works better for you. :Namaste::circle-of-love::peace:

Thank you for your well wishes No Pain.

I appreciate the info about THC being what kills the cancer cells because I wasn’t sure. I will check out the video thanks.

I will continue with the Indica because I do like the way I sleep so well already so I appreciate knowing that may help me also. Again thanks for the information much appreciated. I find out next Wednesday so shortly after I will post my results.

Both major cannabinoids will treat cancer in their own ways. It’s THC that promotes apoptosis, cellular suicide, without damaging the healthy cells in the process the way many conventional treatments do. We get all excited about that vision of dying tumor cells, so THC gets all the glory when we talk cancer.

But CBD will restrict the development of the blood vessels an expanding tumor population requires to become dangerous.

Together they form a powerhouse relationship with your ECS to bring cancer cells back under control. Cannabis is a a vibrant and nuanced medicine, best used with all the synergistic benefits you can get into the formulation, IMHO.

Homer, I’m assuming the CBD cream is offering some relief or you wouldn’t continue taking it. Can you share how effective you find it against your pain? How often do you use it?

Still trying to understand how CBD topicals can be useful. I reach for a strong THC formulation every time.

Both major cannabinoids will treat cancer in their own ways. It’s THC that promotes apoptosis, cellular suicide, without damaging the healthy cells in the process the way many conventional treatments do. We get all excited about that vision of dying tumor cells, so THC gets all the glory when we talk cancer.

But CBD will restrict the development of the blood vessels an expanding tumor population requires to become dangerous.

Together they form a powerhouse relationship with your ECS to bring cancer cells back under control. Cannabis is a a vibrant and nuanced medicine, best used with all the synergistic benefits you can get into the formulation, IMHO.

Homer, I’m assuming the CBD cream is offering some relief or you wouldn’t continue taking it. Can you share how effective you find it against your pain? How often do you use it?

Still trying to understand how CBD topicals can be useful. I reach for a strong THC formulation every time.

Thank you very much for the explanation Sue about how both THC and CBD help fight cancer. That was very informative and helpful; I will definitely continue using both.

Actually, I am not using any CBD or THC creams instead I make an infused olive oil that I take orally. I take the CBD because I understood, I guess falsely, that it was better for pain than THC. So honestly I can’t really say which cannabinoid is doing what because I am taking them both.

But I can say whichever it is one or both of them make a big difference when it comes to inflammation in my knees. I have been to a naturopath and over the years have taken many natural supplements with pretty much zero results and also was on prescription NSAID’s for a while and I find my THC/CBD concoction is much better for inflammation.

Pain is something that is harder to determine. I definitely think I have a lot less pain in my joints but then again I retired from the construction trades shortly before I started taking THC/CBD so it’s hard to say how much not having to do that brutal job has saved my knees as opposed to the cannabinoids. I do know that if I sat in one position for a while my knees would seize up and when I would wake up at night and roll over they would be incredibly stiff which I don’t seem to have now but then again is that from being retired or the cannabinoids?

So, in summary, all I can say is I don’t think I can really give too much definitive testimony other than they seem to have really helped with inflammation and I think but I’m not sure with pain to a lesser degree. I wish I could be more helpful but I don’t want to make claims I am not certain about, sorry.

Thank you again for your input Sue; it is greatly appreciated.

Homer, I strongly suggest you try some topical applications. They do much more than simply reduce pain.

You are not the first person to suggest topical applications to me on this site and I always have the same excuse or reason depending on your point of view. Although I am bald, from the neck down I am a rather furry man if I use a topical application it will mat up and be soaked up by all my hair and not soak into my body.

My dermatologist every year tells me I should moisturize from head to toe every day and I don’t do that for the same reason. Unless you have some sort of a magic potion that soaks right in and leaves no residue behind I just can’t see it being practical because I can just imagine all my clothes and my furniture being covered in oil in short order. Thanks for getting back to me and please feel free to explain the err in my thinking. Hope you are well.

You are not the first person to suggest topical applications to me on this site and I always have the same excuse or reason depending on your point of view. Although I am bald, from the neck down I am a rather furry man if I use a topical application it will mat up and be soaked up by all my hair and not soak into my body.

My dermatologist every year tells me I should moisturize from head to toe every day and I don’t do that for the same reason. Unless you have some sort of a magic potion that soaks right in and leaves no residue behind I just can’t see it being practical because I can just imagine all my clothes and my furniture being covered in oil in short order. Thanks for getting back to me and please feel free to explain the err in my thinking. Hope you are well.

I don’t have an answer at this moment Homer, but you can be sure I’ll give it some focus and we’ll see what comes through. And thanks for the candis explaination. :hug:

Unless you have some sort of a magic potion that soaks right in and leaves no residue behind
I’ll chime in here and say that pumpkin seed oil is very quickly absorbed into the skin. Many of us use it in topica oils and folks who ahve tried with only pumpkin seed oil have said it soak in so fast that you can hardly spread it around. It might not be ok for you, but I thought it worth mentioning. All best wishes to you HomerJ :Namaste:

I’ll chime in here and say that pumpkin seed oil is very quickly absorbed into the skin. Many of us use it in topica oils and folks who ahve tried with only pumpkin seed oil have said it soak in so fast that you can hardly spread it around. It might not be ok for you, but I thought it worth mentioning. All best wishes to you HomerJ :Namaste:

I use grape seed oil for my topicals. It absorbs well (although not as well as pumpkin seed) but it is about 1/4 the price of pumpkin. I have dozens of people that use my topical cream. You can also use it as a straight oil in a roller ball bottle. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom