A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Old Salt thank you for your replay! I will get the book ;)
SweetSue thank you also, i read many valuable posts from you.

Yesterday i mixed CCO with olive oil and lecithin 20:1 and today i will put it in gelatin capsules size 00. I hope capsules can hold it, due to olive oil the mix is not so solid, it is pretty liquid... I was thinking for next time to try half olive oil and half coconut oil, to make it more thick. Or maybe cocoa butter.

He will be taking CBD drops separated. Would it be better to include some CBD oil in my BIO BOMB mix? Due to better bioavailability in combination with oils and lecithin.

If i am correct all capsules can be used orally or as suppositories? Or are there some special capsules to be used as suppositories?

Also i was thinking about how to go on form here. Now he said he is willing to take capsules 3 times a day (hopefully as suppositories). So if eventually he gets to 1g of CCO per day there will be much less of oil and lecithin. If my calculations are correct this means:
10g CCO+16g Olive or coconut oil+4g lecithin for 30 capsules for 10 days. So i am wondering how does this ratio CCO : oil+lecithin effect bioavailability. Is there a minimum amount of oil and lecithin to be present with cannabinoids?

I use 80% virgin coconut oil / 20% lecithin as my filler for capsules. It is solid at room temperature. If your capsule's contents are liquid, you may need to store them in the fridge or freezer. Depending on the design, you may be able to leave them in your capsule filling machine. Mix up some of your filler and set it out to determine the temperature where it solidifies.

OK, next time i will use only coconut oil and lecithin. I think olive oil is not solid enough, but i saw somewhere on this forum that olive oil is the best choice.

I started reading CBD A Patients Guide to Medical Cannabis, it is really full of information. Thanks for that Old Salt!

Since my friend still didn't decide about using suppositories, he is more in to taking it orally. So i will only make him capsules. But in case he changes his mind i am really wondering if using capsules as suppositories is OK? I have a filling that it could take some time to dissolve the capsule. Is there even a chance that it wont dissolve?

So my plan is to make him capsules and kind of talk him in to taking it as suppositories. And i would like to know if that is doable before i try to convince him.

OK, next time i will use only coconut oil and lecithin. I think olive oil is not solid enough, but i saw somewhere on this forum that olive oil is the best choice.

I started reading CBD A Patients Guide to Medical Cannabis, it is really full of information. Thanks for that Old Salt!

Since my friend still didn't decide about using suppositories, he is more in to taking it orally. So i will only make him capsules. But in case he changes his mind i am really wondering if using capsules as suppositories is OK? I have a filling that it could take some time to dissolve the capsule. Is there even a chance that it wont dissolve?

So my plan is to make him capsules and kind of talk him in to taking it as suppositories. And i would like to know if that is doable before i try to convince him.

Capsules soften, and dissolve when exposed to water. There is moisture in the rectum. They can be used as suppositories, but take longer to start releasing their medicinal load. Size 00, and 000 with 0.95 and 1.37ml capacities respectively are usually used for this. Oral syringes can be used to inject the liquid medicine directly into the rectum but care must be taken to prevent damage to the surrounding tissue.

Hi Old Salt, I have seen the cocoa butter recommended many times over coconut oil.

Not sure why...I have both so wss going to try both, question tho would you still add lechithin to the cocoa butter?

If you are using a syringe to apply it, then no it does not need to gel. If you use suppositories without a capsule shell, then they should be solid. The book states "Suppositories are best made from mixing concentrated cannabis oil with cocoa butter ." I haven't made these yet, so I can't confirm citing personal experience.

I haven't used cocoa butter yet. I would make up a small batch, about 10 ml, of 8ml cocoa butter / 2 ml lecithin and let it cool. If it remains solid at 22°C / 72°F I'd add the lecithin to my meds. If not, leave the lecithin out for suppositories. These need to be solid. I'd also store them in the refrigerator to keep them hard.

Just wanted to share my experience in hopes it may prove valuable for someone, I have my dad now on 1 gram of CCO suppositories split through the day in 4 doses.

I started off with the bio bomb recipe here using Olive Oil and Sunflower Lechithin and putting them into gel caps. I then got a suppository mold and was deciding between using coconut oil and cocoa butter.

I decided after some more reading and taking what Old Salt said a few posts ago about the cocoa butter to try that instead of using coconut oil as I have heard many people say coconut oil is good but can act as a diaretic which is not optimal.

So I made the suppositories using the same ratio as i did with the bio bombs 4 parts cocoa butter and 1 part lechithin. For whatever reason, my father tolerated the capsules very well, better than I would have expected given the amount of cco he was taking. But the cocoa butter and lechithin suppositories hit him pretty hard right away, his walking was less stable and hes been having a lot of munchies and some couch lock.

Take from it what you will but it seems for whatever reason that this is getting more in or releasing differently than the capsules. I would love to hear if anyone had a similar experience because observing, its really been quite a difference

Just wanted to share my experience in hopes it may prove valuable for someone, I have my dad now on 1 gram of CCO suppositories split through the day in 4 doses.

I started off with the bio bomb recipe here using Olive Oil and Sunflower Lechithin and putting them into gel caps. I then got a suppository mold and was deciding between using coconut oil and cocoa butter.

I decided after some more reading and taking what Old Salt said a few posts ago about the cocoa butter to try that instead of using coconut oil as I have heard many people say coconut oil is good but can act as a diaretic which is not optimal.

So I made the suppositories using the same ratio as i did with the bio bombs 4 parts cocoa butter and 1 part lechithin. For whatever reason, my father tolerated the capsules very well, better than I would have expected given the amount of cco he was taking. But the cocoa butter and lechithin suppositories hit him pretty hard right away, his walking was less stable and hes been having a lot of munchies and some couch lock.

Take from it what you will but it seems for whatever reason that this is getting more in or releasing differently than the capsules. I would love to hear if anyone had a similar experience because observing, its really been quite a difference

Sounds like the latest suppositories may have been absorbed deeper inside, further from the sphincter, which can pass more THC through the liver.

Sounds like the latest suppositories may have been absorbed deeper inside, further from the sphincter, which can pass more THC through the liver.

I don't think that was it, in fact I felt like I put them in shallower and there was no head high...

Either way it's having a positive effect...I was just curious if anyone felt different with caps vs actual suppositories

Hi @Old Salt or @SweetSue or Anyone Else.

My dad just had another CT scan some bad some good news.

The recent CT scan confirmed cancer spread to the liver, a few very tiny spots they said they found in April since he stopped taking the CCO properly.

So today we got confirmation that it is cancer in his liver, but they said it looks like it hasnt grown and the cancer he had on his chest wall has shrunk quite a bit.

So the good news is that things are stable and one tumour shrunk, the bad news is confirmation of cancer spots on his liver. As you know hes been back on the oil for about 6 weeks through 4 suppositories daily. Been at 1g of CCO daily for the last 3 weeks.

Making the suppositories with Cocoa butter, lechithin and CCO of course. Is there anything you would change now that we have confirmation its moved to the liver?

Hi @Old Salt or @SweetSue or Anyone Else.

Making the suppositories with Cocoa butter, lechithin and CCO of course. Is there anything you would change now that we have confirmation its moved to the liver?

I’d suggest going back and re-reading Cajun’s original posts about supplements to encourage bioavailability. I’m hesitant to suggest deeper insertion that’d bring the cannabinoids directly to the liver because from my perspective the news was mostly good.

If anything, I’d consider upping the dose ever-so-slightly and see what happens.

I was greatly heartened to read your post. Next time you see your dad give him a hug from me. Make it a nice, long therapeutic one.

Guys.....you’re making Cajun’s legacy shine. Keep it up. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Please excuse me, I did try to edit the post above, I also need to help someone with a brain tumour
Blessings and gratitude
Redz
You should find what you need in the last few pages of this thread.

Oral syringes can be used to inject the liquid medicine directly into the rectum but care must be taken to prevent damage to the surrounding tissue.

if you have to resort to this method - there are pill filler syringes which work well for this . they have a long plastic tapered end and a slight curve. cut the curved tip.

i also have a bottle filler syringe rig with a long removable plastic tip that would work as well.

sorry for the drive by. a friends daughter needed to use this delivery method for a short time. happy to report she eradicated all the polyps in her colon.

edit : i should add - she was on an aggressive oral and rectal cbd regimen. she achieved the greatest success upon adding a thc rectal regimen to the cbd side. she did not add a thc oral, and was not a recreational user prior.

she was very uncomfortable with the thc regimen side effects. she did develop tolerance and worked through it. but it was not described as pleasant by any measure initially. it did prove effective in her particular case though.

she also had the consent and support of an enlightened physician.

I’d suggest going back and re-reading Cajun’s original posts about supplements to encourage bioavailability. I’m hesitant to suggest deeper insertion that’d bring the cannabinoids directly to the liver because from my perspective the news was mostly good.

If anything, I’d consider upping the dose ever-so-slightly and see what happens.

I was greatly heartened to read your post. Next time you see your dad give him a hug from me. Make it a nice, long therapeutic one.

Guys.....you’re making Cajun’s legacy shine. Keep it up. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank You for the advice

@Old Salt

I cant seem to find to Amentoflavone here in canada anywhere at the moment. Does anyone have alternative suggestions

Have you tried using our search function?

I saw a bunch of posts stalking about it, all the data you need is here, you just have to look for it.

Hello 420 gang, I have been reading this board for years, initially to learn how to grow my own cannabis and then intrigued with the benefits of cannabis and have followed many of the posters here (thank you to so many of you and in particular SweetSue!). This is my first ever real life post..... we have recently found out that my dad has cancer of the oesophagus. He is 82 and generally in great health so this is pretty devastating. He has had further checks and the cancer has affected his liver too. He discussed treatment (we are in the UK) and due to the pandemic he has decided not to go down the route of chemo or radiotherapy as this would categorise him as 'vulnerable' and him and my mam would have to isolate. Without treatment he is being told he has approximately 6 - 9 months. Treatment will extend this to a couple of years but he can't see the value of this if he has to be isolated. So we had a chat about cannabis oil and he is very happy to give it a try. Would any of you just check through the plan we have and let me know if this is the best route and if there are any other top tips we should be paying attention to?

I have made coconut biobombs (blimey these are tricky to get in the capsules!). I used the cannabis I had grown at the time rather than specifically for this (I didn't know) which is zkittles & big beast and made the biobombs with the added lecithin. My calculation is each biobomb has approx 20mg of thc. and barely any cbd at all. As my dad doesn't use cannabis at all his tolerance is at zero. We are aware that eating the biobombs may a) make him feel uncomfortable and/or high and also b) they are 00 caps and are quite large which my be difficult as the cancer progresses. I have capped 250 capsules and the rest I have just put in a jar as I thought that once my dad gets used to the amount, size and dose in the capsules he can then just warm the coconut oil gently and use a syringe to dose directly.

This is the bit I need help with! I am suggesting he starts to build up taking the biobombs as soon as possible to get to 1g (or 5 biobombs) per day. How long should this progression take ie should he start on 1 capsule then the following day 2 capsules or is that too quick? From zero to 5 capsules within the week? Over how long should he build up to the full 5 capsules?

I have suggested he keeps the capsules frozen as then he can use them easily as pessaries so he can take these and avoid the head high. Also when the capsules slightly defrost if he is eating it he could ease the little coconut pellet from the capsule and eat it easily so there is no pain. I am suggesting taking 3 capsules as pessaries during the day to avoid getting high and perhaps taking 2 orally at night once he has built his tolerance levels.

I have read that mango juice can help with the absorption of the cannabis oil - is there anything else I can suggest to help with the absorption rate?

I am also aiming to make a tincture that he can use as he could easily dose with a dropper into his evening whisky. He does occasionally have discomfort from eating and I am hoping that further down the line he will try to vape cannabis as this will provide more instant comfort and ease the restriction (I hope?). I have a volcano vape but need to get it to him (I am almost 400 miles away from him right now but aim to get up to him within a month. Our overall aim is to make sure he is comfortable and not in pain and is able to eat easily for as long as possible as this will help to keep his strength and 'fight' going - if we can reduce or slow down the cancer this would be amazing.

I appreciate any feedback, comments, advice and help. We wouldn't even be at this point without this community! Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom