A bud for your thoughts?

cbgb

hey 420 folks , need a little advice ....... chem dog 4 x nlh 5 50 days into veg , getting ready for 12/12 .....issue: as you can see by the photo's this plant is very short and bushy. it is a cfl grow with 11,200 lumens per plant (2) ..... i have pruned up during the plants veg....but these leaves are so large the light is just not really getting in below the canopy........ how much fan leaf can i trim out before i paint myself into a corner ?
leaf72.jpg
hand3.jpg

:Namaste:

Re: a bud for your thoughts :)

I grow one tent under just CFLs and one under a mix of Mars 300s and CFLs. here is what I advise:

Place clip-on lamps with 23W CFLs down low, so there is light penetration throughout. I use 3 pair below and 3 - 4 pair above. My last harvest, each and every branch had bud clusters, even the small ones! For Veg, I am heavy on the daylights. For flower, I am heavy on the soft whites. In both cases, there is a mix of wavelengths. The more light you can afford, the better within heat tolerances.

Once you have the auxiliary lighting in, lightly take out just the fan leaves that are shading out bud sites. You might want to wait till the hairs show before defoliating. It looks like yours are too large to tuck out of the way. Keep the other leaves as long as you can. The ladies will suck them dry and drop them when they are done with them.

hey ak , hope all is well ......... question for ya ~ have you ever worked with chem dog 4 x nlh 5 ? 50 day veg, i went to 12/12 flower on 07/15/16 and no sign of sex yet. i know patience is a virtue but all the other strains i have worked with showed sex after a few days and no longer than 7 days .......so i am doing the 420 worry ...... thanks for any info!

hey ak , this is the first time i am working with a heavy , heavy indica leaning plant "chem dawg 4" 50 day veg went to flower on 07/15/16 this is what i came across today (see photo) (sorry about that one pic)..... i know it is a male but just wanted to verify ...... the other girl (i hope ) looks fem i found 1 pistil today.... i usually work with sativa and they seem to show sex w/i about -3-7 days ...... this indica is going on day 11 , do they take longer to show sex ? the fan leaves are bigger than the size of my hand and some have 12 leaves . thanks for any help with an indica grow..... here are some pics
green30.jpg

Could always try a little bit of LST & bend those lower limbs down a bit to improve light penetration.

Perhaps a minor touch of defol around the 3rd week of flowering may help also.

Yep - that's a boy.
Mine usually take about 1.5 - 2 weeks to show sex after the flip.

thanks folks. destroyed that one , the other is a girl and i am looking fwd to buds of chem dawg #4 ! no longer will i do the 420 worry , lol :thumb::thanks::420::high-five::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom