A new grower

daddygreenthumb

420 Member
Hello I have started to grow white widow for my first batch/time. All 5 seeds grew a good root 100%. One seed was a little slow but just kept on the paper towel with water an extra day or two and he came out too. . .

60% Indica/Sativa

Vegetative state approx. 4 inches tall

seedlings are approx. 11 days old

Do I need to stake the seedlings as they get taller and taller for support?

At what point can I move the seedlings out to my greenhouse in the backyard? It is at least 85 to 95 degrees with high humidity on a regular basis.

Do a lot of you guys fertilize how often? And what brand do you use. . .

Thanks for the great advice

Welcome to 420 Magazine, I would move them outside very soon. If they’re stretching and need support then they need more light. Are you using soil then what soil are you using or are you using coco/peat moss?

I am currently just using a soil that an area a greenhouse makes up and sells.

If you trust the greenhouse to have solid soil, then you won't need much for nutrients for at least the first month. If you are in a GH, consider the largest fabric pot that suits your setup...bigger pots=more soil=more roots=more water retention=bigger plant=bigger yield. I grow in a GH and my max temp today was 109F because it was 95F here...the plants are fine...but I also use big pots.

:goodluck:

Hello I have started to grow white widow for my first batch/time. All 5 seeds grew a good root 100%. One seed was a little slow but just kept on the paper towel with water an extra day or two and he came out too. . .

SHE :rofl:

60% Indica/Sativa

Vegetative state approx. 4 inches tall

seedlings are approx. 11 days old

Do I need to stake the seedlings as they get taller and taller for support?

No... if seedlings are stretching too much, either fill pot with little more soil or dig out with your hand (minimal root at 11days, you won't damage) and plant a little deeper...

At what point can I move the seedlings out to my greenhouse in the backyard? It is at least 85 to 95 degrees with high humidity on a regular basis.

at start of season, once days become longer.. if you have plants vegging inside and planting into ground, sweet spot is Start of last month of spring, won't reveg and soil warm enough, wont stall..

Do a lot of you guys fertilize how often? And what brand do you use. . .

in ground, good soil, seaweed and microbe juice... Fortnightly...
pots, organic feed, grow and bloom... Fortnightly...

Thanks for the great advice

edit; fortnightly = 2 weeks

Hello maaaate. Welcome!
If you're using soil Id give it like two weeks from sprout especially if the leaves are looking a nice and healthy lush green still. As they start to lighten up start introducing nutes slowly. I usually go water-feed-water :)

Thanks for all of the tips, guys! I am doing 2 WW Autos outdoors in pots with standard potting soil with about 20% Hydroton since I had a big bag of it on hand. They just broke soil yesterday. I was banned from spending any more money on this one. :( So this is my cheap 'use up crap' grow in honour of Canada's coming legalization.

And Welcome to 420 daddygreenthumb. :ganjamon:

Ian

Hello everyone.

Here is a picture of my plants before repotting and moving out to the greenhouse, let me know what you think?

Attachments

• IMG_20180705_140229.jpg
    IMG_20180705_140229.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20180705_140232.jpg
    IMG_20180705_140232.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 188
Hello everyone.

Here is a picture of my plants before repotting and moving out to the greenhouse, let me know what you think?
What are they in before you repotted them?

:welcome: Daddy (that sounds too wierd):rofl: to 420.
What can we call ya for short? :laugh:
Anyway looks like you're in the right hands so I'm going sit back and enjoy the ride with ya. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom