A Sad Sad Grow Journal

Thanks Jay

I agree that I am getting a good education, and I appreciate all the people that are voluntarily giving it to me. Reading up is one thing, but having responses to specific questions is extremely valuable. :)

I will bring my TDS(ppm) tester and get you dialed in. At least you will know a mixture that should be "cool" enough to work and not do too much harm. The new growth is looking awesome. Keep them in veg until more nodes are out and still healthy. You still have a chance here. I will give advice if I can when I see the actual tents.

Ladi

Overly wet top soil, spots, dirty ish grow room, looks like gnats to me. Clean clean clean do not leave dead leaves around

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They're coming back to life! It's like Dr. Frankensteins monster! Looking way better man. Stay positive these are very resilient plants.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hope you don't mind, but here is some examples from a couple of my grows. With a little training you will be able to keep them low enough. You will need to lst in the first few weeks of flower as well as the lst you do in veg. If you have any questions just shoot me a PM.

image9071.jpg
image7753.jpg
image7130.jpg
image6592.jpg
image10471.jpg

Beautiful Jay. What strain is in the picture?

I have been topping but I'm not quite sure when to do this. I've been doing it to very new growth - probably the soonest I can top. Should I wait until the new growth is a larger size? My previous topping has caused quite a bit of stress to my plants. I have several stems now - do I keep pinching these? Can you do this too much? When do I stop?

I'm considering LST because this strain can get pretty big but I'm a little nervous about it. I'm playing with one of the plants that is unlikely to recover fully.

Beautiful Jay. What strain is in the picture?

I have been topping but I'm not quite sure when to do this. I've been doing it to very new growth - probably the soonest I can top. Should I wait until the new growth is a larger size? My previous topping has caused quite a bit of stress to my plants. I have several stems now - do I keep pinching these? Can you do this too much? When do I stop?

I'm considering LST because this strain can get pretty big but I'm a little nervous about it. I'm playing with one of the plants that is unlikely to recover fully.
I have used the same method for a while now and it works great.
First I make sure the seedling has close light so it stays squat and doesn't stretch too much. Then I keep it as healthy as possible before topping. I only top one time. I wait until the leaves have fully opened on the 4th node and the 5th node leaves are starting to come out. The plant is strong and healthy at this point. I cut the stem removing the 5th node care not to injure the 3rd and 4th node leaves (those are our four branches we will be working with. Then I remove the true leaves and the 1st and second node leaves.
I give plant time to recover (usually a few days to a week). Then I tie the 4 branches down and keep toying them down as they grow in veg.
Those plants are Super Critical, Jack Herrer and THC Bomb I believe.

Hey Muraydog I can't PM for another 41 posts, well 40 after this one. Here is a link to my outdoor journal here.

Outdoor 2017

How are the girls doing? You really have hope on the one and a good chance on the second one. On the third, just stay the course and learn from it.

Chat later
Ladi

Hey Muraydog I can't PM for another 41 posts, well 40 after this one. Here is a link to my outdoor journal here.

Outdoor 2017

How are the girls doing? You really have hope on the one and a good chance on the second one. On the third, just stay the course and learn from it.

Chat later
Ladi
They are looking good. I appreciate all your help. I have computer fans set up on the intake pipes but have to get some sort of adapter to actually run them. I've figured out that if I leave the door open a bit that the heat is good.
I'll check out your journal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That will work until flower. Then it's important to 12 and 12 with no rogue light...
Say, I can't find the bags for the seeds you gave me. (I'm starting seeds now). You gave me 3 NL and one other that I can't remember. Could you remind me please?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello my friend.

The plants are a little stressed right now because I did some LST. They are recovering though. I'm not going to do anything more to them, so now I just have to wait for them to grow. I'm gonna upload some pics as soon as I transfer them.

I also have 4 adorable little seedlings :) I'm ready to start a new journal for them.

Muraydog

They are suffering from heat stress. The taco shaped leaves is a key sign. Do you happen to have a thermometer in there? You want the thermometer to be at plant height and you want a temp of 78 degrees F.
Get that sorted and it looks like you will be in great shape.
You shouldn't have any recovery time from LST. LST is low stress training. The only recovery is the leaves turning themselves towards the sunlight which usually only takes a couple hours and then it's back to growth as normal.
In the top photo it looks as if the plant on the right may of been super cropped. Super cropping is HST (high stress training) and requires a little recovery time.
Hope that helps a little.
Looking good :)

Back
Top Bottom