A Sad Sad Grow Journal

You're good then. You could use a PK enhancer week 5 of flower but probably not necessary with a small auto. Is it a 60 day auto?

I have no idea what kind of auto - the seeds were a gift from a generous friend. Three are Northern Lights and and one is AK-47. Not sure if that helps.

I have no idea what kind of auto - the seeds were a gift from a generous friend. Three are Northern Lights and and one is AK-47. Not sure if that helps.

It helps because you know you'll get stoned when you're done. Lol.
The only thing I can recommend for autos is white light during vegetation. Those blurple lights aren't the best for veg.

It helps because you know you'll get stoned when you're done. Lol.
The only thing I can recommend for autos is white light during vegetation. Those blurple lights aren't the best for veg.

Ok. I'll put other my fluorescent fixture in there and keep the flowering autos under CFLs and keep the blurple on the photos. They should be okay in the same tent, right? Thanks again for the help JimmyJames.

Ya. Not the best option but vegging plants do seem to love ❤️ fluorescent light.
Just so you know...my COB led company is officially up and running. I make a little 2 COB, 35,000 lumen 3700PAR for micro growers on a budget. I only sell inside Canada too. Visit me at par-horta.com
Here's the actual light being tested. It's 200w (real watts not Chinese watts) and does veg and bloom.
PAR Testing COBs - Vero 29 C Series (100w) COBs. - YouTube

Ya. Not the best option but vegging plants do seem to love ❤️ fluorescent light.
Just so you know...my COB led company is officially up and running. I make a little 2 COB, 35,000 lumen 3700PAR for micro growers on a budget. I only sell inside Canada too. Visit me at par-horta.com
Here's the actual light being tested. It's 200w (real watts not Chinese watts) and does veg and bloom.
PAR Testing COBs - Vero 29 C Series (100w) COBs. - YouTube
Awesome. I wish you luck. When I can afford one, I'll come to you for a quality light. I'll send people your way if I can.

Muraydog congratulations on turning your grow around, you really hit rock bottom and started climbing!
I just finished a grow that was a little similar to yours

Look familiar?
420-magazine-mobile21343921.jpg

She did not make it.

420-magazine-mobile437497938.jpg

Her sister did!.

Under what light you may wonder?
Lol look familiar?
420-magazine-mobile111891262.jpg

Yep that's my crxsunny 1000w lol

Mine was listed as having bridgelux chips but the light emitted looks like yours. So far two chips are busted but they say it has a three year warranty. Customer reviews seem positive concerning the whole "send in for repair thing" so that's good.

I was happy with the result for the price, but think I'll just go Mars or Vipar next time as they are cheaper and evidently grow nice fruit too.

Also, I bought cheap Apollo horticulture led grow room glasses that do a pretty good job of correcting the color. I don't use them now though, either the led is diminished in brightness slightly or I'm getting used to it.

Muraydog congratulations on turning your grow around, you really hit rock bottom and started climbing!
I just finished a grow that was a little similar to yours

Look familiar?
420-magazine-mobile21343921.jpg

She did not make it.

420-magazine-mobile437497938.jpg

Her sister did!.

Under what light you may wonder?
Lol look familiar?
420-magazine-mobile111891262.jpg

Yep that's my crxsunny 1000w lol

Mine was listed as having bridgelux chips but the light emitted looks like yours. So far two chips are busted but they say it has a three year warranty. Customer reviews seem positive concerning the whole "send in for repair thing" so that's good.

I was happy with the result for the price, but think I'll just go Mars or Vipar next time as they are cheaper and evidently grow nice fruit too.

Also, I bought cheap Apollo horticulture led grow room glasses that do a pretty good job of correcting the color. I don't use them now though, either the led is diminished in brightness slightly or I'm getting used to it.

Bridgelux does not make blurple chips. If your chips are dimming then your driver is failing or the diodes are overheating. I'm sorry to hear your light is giving you problems. The quality of lights coming out of China is actually getting worse not better. It's a shame.

Well mine are def blurple lol, don't get me wrong it's not dimming like I can see a difference..please understand I went from CFL only, to this light. When I first got it, I would open my closet like the light of God was on the other side. Now once I'm in there for 5 mins everything just looks normal, not blurple (until I look at my phone screen or shirt or something)

The diy led scene looks interesting...I'm diy capable but it seems costly

Well mine are def blurple lol, don't get me wrong it's not dimming like I can see a difference..please understand I went from CFL only, to this light. When I first got it, I would open my closet like the light of God was on the other side. Now once I'm in there for 5 mins everything just looks normal, not blurple (until I look at my phone screen or shirt or something)

The diy led scene looks interesting...I'm diy capable but it seems costly

It is but you can build a 4 cob Vero 29 array for around $300 Canadian. Boy is it worth it though.

April 20 (!) DAY 124 (photos), DAY 50 (autos)

It's been a couple of weeks since I last updated my journal. I started a new job and have been working on my outside garden.

I've been watering each plant only as it starts to wilt. For the photos, that means roughly once every 7-8 days. I haven't watered the autos is almost 20 days, when I moved them to 5G pots. They are still perky. (It is totally within the realm of possibility that I forgot to record a watering in my paper journal) If I didn';t water them, is going that long between waterings okay or does this mean the pots are too big? Should I worry about root rot? I still have brown spots on the autos.

I'm thrilled to watch the little flowers on my autos grow, even though they don't look too healthy. Advice? (I'm growing in ProMix)

20170420_61.jpg
20170420_51.jpg
20170420_41.jpg
20170420_31.jpg
20170420_9.jpg
20170420_8.jpg

My photos seem pretty healthy, with nice new growth, but I'm still open to advice. They are getting pretty thick - it's harder for the air to circulate within the plants. Do I need to thin out fan leaves?
20170420_7.jpg
20170420_21.jpg
20170420_11.jpg

Happy 420 Y'all!

First off nice recovery and Happy 4/20. The buds are looking awesome on what I would say is an auto, sorry if wrong. All in all yes strip the lower leaves that aren't getting much light. Thus getting the air moving around them better. Again very nice recovery.

Very true.

Also keep in mind coco absorbes cal and mag that is why suplementation is nessessary. Also a rinse and buffering of "new" coco can be a good practice as coco can be heavy in salt content from the start and hold on to salts through the grow. Watering slowing at first to break top hydrophobic layer of soil for even watering and watering with about 20% run off I have found to be good practices with coco

So water you're coco let it dry then use it for gardening. Correct? Or just "Flush" when potting or up-sizing.

Back
Top Bottom