Advice please

@Pennywise , @Mikesem420 or who ever can answer this. So penny i went with similar schedule as you did rez change once a week. So i do it on sundays during veg no prob id get nutes up to around 1000 -1200 ppm. My first week of 12/12 i continued with grow nutes. Sunday i went with flower now that i entered flwer. Got it around 1200 ppm and by sunday im usually at 5-600 ppm. Well today is only wed and i am at around 500 ppm. Do i feed more often? Or just more on sunday, or keep it the same?

I want a quantum bc of the how thin it is and believe u said dimmible but i did some research , and there are 1000w up to 3000w leds are fairly cheap with good reviews. Couple up them have a switch to change from flower to veg. Give me some feed back. Best LED Grow Lights for Growing Marijuana Indoors

I’d still go with QB’s or cobs, you could top off with a mild nute solution if she’s drinking that much or do a Rez change more often if time allows.

That's a totally different type of light tho most of those 1000w,2000w, 3000w blue and red led lights aren't there true rating thats there equivalent rating that the manufacturer makes up extremely inflated unless you get like a 2000$ kind led or clw solar system those are top of the line 12 band lights there all rated with there true watts just like the quantum boards. The quantum boards have full spectrum white light diodes that you can get in different kelvin rating like mine is a 4000k more blue tint light which is good for veg or full growth or 3000k more sunlight red which is better in flowering but you get the full spectrum so you dont need veg or bloom switches and almost all the hlg models have a dimmer on the driver under a cap anything bigger than the 100 model.

@Pennywise ok so ill add a bit weds and do change outs on sundays. @Mikesem420 the hlg website confuses the shit out of me. Its not like heres model k1000, k2000, and so on. Its qv60 and kt90 and gl120. With every part needed , drivers , heatsink, board w.e. u need what was your final cost? I see they have one commercial grade v550 thats priced kind of high but then the rest is like 60 bucks up to 150.

If you go on amazon the kits are all together might be easier for your first light to just get the single 4000k board kit its 135w 180$ and I'm pretty sure its dimmable all you have to do is plug in the wires screw the board down to the heat sink they make it easy comes with wago connectors no soldering..

Just search hlg 135 there website has it too there will be an option for 3000k or 4000k. Also the number is the watts that the light draws so the 60 is 60w,100 is 100w, 135 Is 135w so on an so forth

Cob stands for "chip on board" it's a bunch of small diodes put onto one chip to make a small but powerful effecient chip which I have a couple of them they do work good but the quantum boards are way brighter and they penetrate the canopy damn good just all around better. I mean I've only had the 2 cobs, the hps, and the quantum but I researched every brand I could as far as cobs,12 band full spectrum, and quantum style leds timber grow lights seemed like one of the best for cobs my buddy uses them but there pricey so from what I've found the best bang for your buck is hlg Quantum lights.

Get it in 4000k that board is more like 3000k read the reviews one guy was specifically saying the 4000k is closer to 3000k which is fine I've had my 4000k in the flowering tent an my girls are loving it dense supper frosty nugs lol that's a badass light I dont think you will be disappointed either haha

yea there hlg boards and yes for the most part veg is the 4000k-5000k but 4000k veg and 3000k flower are the most common and you could use 4000k throught veg and flower if you chose I was told 4000k is better for tighter potent buds and the 3000k is more towards bigger yeilds but they both work amazing I'm gona build my next light with 4000k boards and then put like 3 or 4 far red initiator pucks to give it some extra red for a nice big yeild.

Lol it's ok you dont have to tag me I check my notifications but it lowers the output power from 260w to like 50w I forget how low exactly that could be totally wrong but theres a good amount of play much easier to dial in for seedlings or full power for flower. 4000k is the color temperature of the white led diode it's how you define the color of the light so lower the Kelvin it will be warmer light 2700k-3000k higher the Kelvin it will be more blue/white 4000k-5000k but most growers I've talked to use 4000k for ther veg an 3000k for flower or they mix the panels so you get a bit of both.

Depending on how big you go they have a good foot print for a 4x4 veg/flower you would only need 1 of the 260w 304 kit and maybe 1 more panel to help in flowering or get some far red initiator to add some extra red light in but the 260w kit should do it I'd just go 4000k unless you plan on having a dedicated flowering tent then go 3000k for that.

Back
Top Bottom