Advocate420 Soil Grow 2018

My first grow room catastrophe I knew was coming. Woke up and no lights on. Changed bulb and still nothing. Sometime last night I think my ballast failed. I just tossed in a new 160w LED I was going to experiment with to at least give them some more light till lights out. I hope they don’t hermie. Buds are looking amazing and smell wonderful. Shit ton of driving for me tomorrow.
Going to start purchasing foR a second tent, same size. I can use the out take from tent one to go into tent two through light two then out to house. This leaves tent with no air exchange but heat going away and only one fan and ducting. That means I can add CO2 to tent two. I would prolly need to still get a stand up air conditioner just for that tent. The second goal is to have two independent grow-systems for each of my two plants and won’t lose them both to a failure other than power. Too bad the other LED lighting I ordered didn’t show up yesterday. And the third goal I could hit is bigger plants of course ;) moar flowers !

They can be in the dark for a bit with no adverse affects. Some growers will put
their plants into darkness for a few days before harvest.
They should be fine in your situation. It is when the light stays on for a full cycle that causes
problems.

Cheers friend.

They can be in the dark for a bit with no adverse affects. Some growers will put
their plants into darkness for a few days before harvest.
They should be fine in your situation. It is when the light stays on for a full cycle that causes
problems.

Cheers friend.
Thank you for the input. Was reading some bout that. We will see what happens!
I'm pretty sure that happened to my first AK-47 last spring. Or maybe that was 24 hours where the light didn't go off. :hmmmm:

I'm with DW...I'm sure it will be fine. And it put a plan in motion as well!
It really did. It’s interesting that I was just looking at supplies to prepare for a failure, it just came when it was ready, not me.

Anyone have experience with outcome with full dark in late flower for a full cycle and a half 24+ hrs?
I did the three days of darkness, and can't really see a difference. Though the theory behind it , makes sense to me, but I'm gullible . I'm wondering how this COM Stonington blend is working for you ? This is my 1st. grow using it. I'm at week # 7 of an 11 week bloom. I'm using the Stonington blend organic nutrient and at about week 3 of bloom, I started fish bone meal, every two weeks. I'm used to growing in coco, so much faster, but i'm hoping for a better smoke. Now i'll go back to page 6 and catch up .

I did the three days of darkness, and can't really see a difference. Though the theory behind it , makes sense to me, but I'm gullible . I'm wondering how this COM Stonington blend is working for you ? This is my 1st. grow using it. I'm at week # 7 of an 11 week bloom. I'm using the Stonington blend organic nutrient and at about week 3 of bloom, I started fish bone meal, every two weeks. I'm used to growing in coco, so much faster, but i'm hoping for a better smoke. Now i'll go back to page 6 and catch up .
I have really enjoyed this soil. I did my reading on this site and chose fox farm ocean forest for my first starting. Feel free to check out my failed journal and meet some of the bugs that came with it. I also noticed it was more wood chips than soil. The Stonington blend has not had anything like this in several grows now. The soil looks rich, it doesn't burn the babies. I am almost certain you could run this soil with great results with or without nutes. I have used General Organics go box line for a few grows and am on my first with Canna now.
what is the theory ?

Next week really or next week meaning mid-November? (See how this works? ;))

Looking forward to following the 2019 new journal. It keeps getting better and better here!
I am appreciating the playfulness. I was taught on my first day of work that if they don’t make fun of you, they don’t like you lol. I will find the compliment. I always post veg stages real time. I get worried bout bud times because of reasons I’ve mentioned and it’s the only time I struggle with the laws, I’m not growing 2 ounces at a time and they limited the plants to two flowering making it impossible to do something like SOG and forget considering breeding. I’m more just venting at the moment. Do you think I should let it go ?

Good info about veg vs flowering times so I'll keep that in mind :). We rib because we care and as my son would say, "It's just good banter mate!"

No need to let it go if it eases your mind. And vent away...it's one of the reasons you have a journal and the eyeballs here to read it!

Speaking of SOG, you publish SPOG yet Shed?
In wikipedia? Nah. But next week I hope to have time to create a spog® journal here so we can accumulate pics.

I would prolly need to still get a stand up air conditioner just for that tent.
Do you own the house? Can you drill holes in it lol? Don't miss running a/c especially in winter?
I’m not growing 2 ounces at a time and they limited the plants to two flowering making it impossible to do something like SOG and forget considering breeding. I’m more just venting at the moment. Do you think I should let it go ?
If you can grow at least 2 legally think they aren't looking for home growers as much any more? Was super paranoid about getting beans in the post last year when i started up? So i understand the paranoia um still do. As long as you aren't using 5 million watts you are probably just fine brother.

Do you own the house? Can you drill holes in it lol? Don't miss running a/c especially in winter?
If you can grow at least 2 legally think they aren't looking for home growers as much any more? Was super paranoid about getting beans in the post last year when i started up? So i understand the paranoia um still do. As long as you aren't using 5 million watts you are probably just fine brother.
Hey Kismet!
It is my house !! I can do whatever makes sense. I don’t dare use outside air as it gets waaaay too cold here. What you have in mind?
Oh my paranoia is kinda weird. I’m not worried about the law being drawn to me, well, for any reason. I literally live my life as honest as possible, it makes me feel better about who I am. I’m more worried about malicious people. I like my house to be law enforcement friendly at all times. In fact come on over and see what the law is providing. I’m making my own medicine and isolated from any illegal activities associated with cannabis. I try to keep it so they could come in, check out my grow and leave without making any paperwork. But the way the law is written timing could make the difference. And I’m not prepared to fight in court and be a new case law win or lose.

Back
Top Bottom