Airavata's Continuous 2-Tent Grow - Soil - 600W HPS

Are you going to do soil or coco hempy buckets? If I wasn't doing full blown hydro I would go with the coco hempy.

In regards to the nutrients, why would you consider MaxSea? If you're going to use that stuff you might as well use MiracleGro. Are you looking for a value conscious one part nutrient? If so there are plenty of other options out there (i.e. Botanicare CNS-17 Series, BC Technaflora Series, etc.).

Maxsea is 100 percent organic?There are a lot of well expereinced mj gardeners that use this in there organic base outdoor gardens.Its just not well know as its not soled every where but a lot of people in cali use this product.Its so popular its always on back order.And you cant go wrong for 15 dallars for 2 lbs of nutes that outperform most at a fraction of the price.

-A.L. Albretch, HORTICULTURE MAGAZINE"About 15 of us at the magazine started using Maxsea, it's only been a week, but I can really see a difference. WOW, THIS IS GREAT STUFF."
Good for your plants and kind to the earth
MAXSEA combines the best of nature and technology. We blend the finest natural seaweed with important secondaries, micronutrients and the purest plant foods available.

The resulting complexes are remarkably effective, easy-to-use concentrates that dissolve instantly and completely in water... for fast acting, immediate results. In solution, MAXSEA's natural brown granules turn dark seaweed green and have the fresh, clean aroma of the sea... a pleasure to use and completely safe for the environment.

Professional growers and home gardeners alike tell us our MAXSEA plant foods are the finest available anywhere. We're very proud of that.

:peace:

Yeah, i could have kept babying them but i'm just sick of the hassle. i'm going to take cuttings from my 2 mothers before long. i'm going to give hempy buckets a try. Was going to try MaxSea nutes but now i have these leftover fox farm soil nutes so i'm thinking about using those but don't know...PH might become an issue then....

You should be good with the fox farm.I think maxsea would do well in hempy buckets but it does lack magnesium.If you use the maxsea I would get some epson or some botanicare cal mag or simular.Carefull with the maxsea its pretty powerfull.I have been using it with my FF as an enhancer just to experiment and it works just as good as fox farm grow and beastie blooms combined bloom.I wish I had some maxsea pics to share but it was not my grow.All I can say is 10-12 plus foot plants and 3 lbs plus per plant outdoor:)The fox farm holds ph pretty well.If you use the FF mix to the feeding chart and dillute to about 200-500ppm and adjust to plants responce.Should have no deficiencys or problems with hempy.I would recomend hydrozyme it works really well keeping roots nice and healthy and free of pest and slime even if using big bloom earthworm castings and quanos in your hydro.I think you will really like the hempy set up.:ganjamon:

turttle...both of you posts held the key...OUTDOOR not the micro environment of indoor. I'm not saying MaxSea isn't a good product, it's just not the right product for airavata at this time.

There is no difference between indoor and outdoor micro invironment.There nutritional needs are the same weather it be indoor or outdoor.The goal for indoor is to mimick and bring the outdoor invironment indoor.If you are refering to different growing techniques I have used both products Fox Farm and Maxsea in a hydroponic set up indoors and they both showed no signs of any deficiencys.There are many products that work well including what your preference.But to keep relevent to your post maxsea is not miracle grow and it contains the full line of a micro and macro invironment only lacking in magnesium.I am not saying one product is better than any other as most well made nutes are all made of the same thing the only difference is price and quanity and ease of use.MJ requires no special treatment the best products and techniques used are the same as any other industrial or cammercial organic garden.You can learn a lot on the pbs agriculture channel :peace:

Are you going to do soil or coco hempy buckets? If I wasn't doing full blown hydro I would go with the coco hempy.

In regards to the nutrients, why would you consider MaxSea? If you're going to use that stuff you might as well use MiracleGro. Are you looking for a value conscious one part nutrient? If so there are plenty of other options out there (i.e. Botanicare CNS-17 Series, BC Technaflora Series, etc.).

I was going to use straight perlite for the hempys. My plan is to go to hempy and when I have some extra cash to switch to a dwc hydro setup and build an aeroponic cloner. When I was looking at blueprints for DIY hydro setups, one poster I came across recommended MaxSea highly. I looked at it and it seemed to be a complete (minus mg), organic, two-part. Can't beat a complete fertilizer for $30, even if you do have to add Epsom salts. I was on the fence when I saw Turttle recommends it highly also. Turttle knows his shit so it seemed like a no-brainer to go to MaxSea when the need arises. If there are any drawbacks to MaxSea, I'm not aware of them.

You should be good with the fox farm.I think maxsea would do well in hempy buckets but it does lack magnesium.If you use the maxsea I would get some epson or some botanicare cal mag or simular.Carefull with the maxsea its pretty powerfull.I have been using it with my FF as an enhancer just to experiment and it works just as good as fox farm grow and beastie blooms combined bloom.I wish I had some maxsea pics to share but it was not my grow.All I can say is 10-12 plus foot plants and 3 lbs plus per plant outdoor:)The fox farm holds ph pretty well.If you use the FF mix to the feeding chart and dillute to about 200-500ppm and adjust to plants responce.Should have no deficiencys or problems with hempy.I would recomend hydrozyme it works really well keeping roots nice and healthy and free of pest and slime even if using big bloom earthworm castings and quanos in your hydro.I think you will really like the hempy set up.:ganjamon:

You think the Fox Farm soil formulation will work even though I'll be growing in perlite hempys? Wouldn't be my first choice but I already have the stuff so....

Below: Manicured buds

DSCF3212.JPG

DSCF3214.JPG

DSCF3216.JPG

DSCF3217.JPG

DSCF3218.JPG

DSCF3219.JPG

Above: Small popcorn buds I didn't manicure

So I waited until my stems made a "cracking" noise when bent to put into jars to sweat the buds. I think maybe I should have started sweating the buds sooner because I'm not seeing any sweating in the jars. Looks like a smoke report is coming soon.

Yes I think the fox farm will work well.Fox Farm is a realy good product.The only difference is the grow big.There is one for hydro and one for soil.But in my opinion they are both pretty much the same one is just a little more potent than the other.For hempy should be good.As for the tiger bloom and big bloom these are both soil and hydro.I like the fox farm its just realy spendy after purchasing the added flowering enhancers.:peace:

Nice airavata.Even with the bug problem you got some nice nugs.:welldone:

Yes I think the fox farm will work well.Fox Farm is a realy good product.The only difference is the grow big.There is one for hydro and one for soil.But in my opinion they are both pretty much the same one is just a little more potent than the other.For hempy should be good.As for the tiger bloom and big bloom these are both soil and hydro.I like the fox farm its just realy spendy after purchasing the added flowering enhancers.:peace:

Nice airavata.Even with the bug problem you got some nice nugs.:welldone:

:thanks:Thanks, Turttle. Yeah, they didn't do as well as I would have liked but, all things considered, I'm pretty happy with this grow. :ganjamon:

Never said it was. I was just making a reference to the fact that they are both cheap, one part, super concentrated, dry nutrients. Given the choice between the two I would take MaxSea any day.:peace:

No pun intended hash.The guys at maxsea may find it to be an insult to catigorize there product with miracle grow thow lol....No but miracle grow does have some good products.

Maxsea is a small fertilizer company in humboldt county.They are all about organic gardening so there are no synthetics or chemicals in their product.It is a seaweed based product with a list of good natural ingredience,beneficial microbes and plant hormones.The company has been around since 1967 and maxsea has been on the market since 1989. Every thing is hand made and sells to high-quality independent nurseries, garden centers and garden professionals.They do not sell to discount chains or big box retailers.Maxsea dealers are among the top nurseries and garden centers in the United States.

Benefits
Maxsea provides the rich elements of seaweed

For decades, scientists have been trying to unravel the mysteries of seaweed and plant growth. The seaweed we use in Maxsea contains over 60 recognized elements, as well as essential vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, alginates, natural antibiotics, carbohydrate compounds, and growth hormones, all known to be beneficial to plants.

Studies at Clemson University’s Department of Horticulture show that seaweed:

•Acts as a catalyst in the uptake of nutrients
•Increases natural resistance to insects, fungi, disease and pests
•Hastens seed germination and minimizes transplant shock
•Enhances root development and strength
•Stimulates plant growth and vigor
•Increases blossom set, fruit development and crop yield
•Prolongs the shelf life of fruit and flowers
•Reduces environmental stress from frost, heat and drought
•Increases chlorophyll production for vibrant dark green foliage
•Stimulates beneficial soil microbes

The seaweed granules in Maxsea (Ascophllum nodosum) are of the highest purity, sustainably harvested from the cold, clean waters of the north Atlantic. All trace elements are naturally balanced and readily absorbed.

“The reasons why seaweed extracts are beneficial to plant growth are still not fully understood. This is not so difficult to appreciate, for anyone working with plants knows that nature reveals her secrets reluctantly.”

Can you use Maxsea in hydroponics systems?
Definitely. Hydroponics growers find Maxsea to be extraordinarily effective, easy-to-use and an economical choice for any soiless system. It supplies everything needed for optimum plant production and is pH perfect. Suggested feeding schedules and additional hydroponics information for Maxsea are available public.me.c om/maxsea

:rollit:

Smoke report:

I ended up being pretty happy with the cure. The smoke ended up being on the harsh side as I didn't flush my pots before pulling the plug, but it's not too bad and I think it'll mellow out a little more as I let it sweat longer too. My hypothesis was that they were already nutrient-deprived so the buds shouldn't need a flush. I think I was half-right; If the plants had been healthy they would have needed it a lot more, but they still could have used one. That said, it was still managable, even through a pipe. It is very sticky, slow-burning, and effective. Not entirely sedative, but very mind-numbing; actually just numbing, in general. In a nutshell, I've been trying to write this for like an hour now and I look a lot like this guy =======>:tokin: right now so.....yeah......good times. :party: Anyway, thanks to everyone who took the time to drop in and help out. Admin, you can mark this one complete now. Thanks. :peacetwo:

Hi airavata

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too!
:cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom