AK48 Auto In Coco Loco - CFL - 2nd Grow By Paintedbudman

The Girls are 3 weeks old:happy-birthday: and it was once again time to take some pictures. They are all growing well. There is one that is a bit undersized and one that has a bit of "the claw" (working on that). The other 2 are growing well. The Girls look a little droopyin the picture because I just finished a watering and feeding and the leaves are still wet and a little waterlogged.

20160316_212108.jpg

20160316_212135.jpg

20160316_212157.jpg

20160316_212221.jpg

Happy birthday girls.....
I use some industrial coatings.. A lot of metal facias/handrail, etc...I live at the beach, so you'd know what that does.. Painted swimming pools couple years ago, 2pack, I can still smell/taste it, lol... So do you design them, or try to make them better for cheaper?
Nic, you fish do you.. Need to get to Australia man.. We are a couple months out from tuna season.

Stillanoob, Sit back and enjoy the show :) (btw popcorn sounds good ... minor attack of the munchies right now I think I'll have a bowl and a cookie :yummy:

Grizz, I do a little of both true formulation work and trying to make them better and cheaper (rarely do i get both better and cheaper .... and even then its always slower). An old old rule of thumb that is still true

Better, cheaper, faster .... pick 2.

I'm not a real fisherman, I go on cruises to enjoy the nice warm weather, scenery, eat, and spend a lot of time at the blackjack tables. I went with $2000 to gamble with and I came home with the same $2000 and played for several hours every day. I call that a WIN:party: But even so I have always wanted to visit Australia some day. I've wanted to go ever since i was a kid. Just haven't gotten there yet. My wife and I enjoy cruises .... I would love to do one out of Sydney some day. That would be awesome. Maybe after I retire in a few years.

By the way, the girls are doing well. They enjoyed their food and drink last night. One of them still looks a little "claw like". But I have treated that by flushing last evening with 3-4 gallons of fresh clean water followed by a gallon of pHed water. She is looking better but not recovered. She will get pHed water and no nutes for the next watering/feeding scheduled and then we will see. In the meantime, observation is the only thing that i believe i should do.

. I went with $2000 to gamble with and I came home with the same $2000 and played for several hours every day. I call that a WIN.
That is a win in my book too. I will have to take a cruise one day. Can you smoke weed anywhere on the boat?

Not on any that I have heard of. The problem is that entry and exit is controlled by U.S. Customs. As long as weed is illegal as far as the feds are concerned then carrying it on or off the ship is illegal and you can get in serious trouble if you are caught. I know that a bunch of people bring it on the boat because I can smell it in the hallways sometimes (usually followed by security searching for the source). I'm sure if you have a balcony room, especially at the back of the boat, you could get away with it if you were discrete, but I personally just don't think the benefit justifies the risks. Besides, smoking in your room of anything is forbidden. Fire is one of the most dangerous things there is on a ship and they take it very very seriously. I must say that even without weed cruises are the best vacations around, and as far as I am concerned they also are some of the most economical as well (if you can keep your gambling, shopping, and drinking expenses under control .... yah I know, where the hell is the fun in that, right??). If you get a chance go. You'll love it!! :amen:

Coming home with your entertainment money is a massive win.. Get charged at the cinemas to see a bad movie, lol.. I'm liking this journal, covering all bases for me, work growing gambling, it's the simple things in life, lol...

Grizz, you forgot one of the bases, home base in fact ... women.

And speaking of women, or little ladies as it were. They are 25 days old and Sunday morning is feeding/watering/picture day for my little ladies. There has been some minor ongoing nitrogen toxicity problems. I decided to flush them with 4 gallons of pH'd water. I will feed them very mildly this evening (~1/4 strength of what i gave my last grow at this point). The pH of the flush looked good at the end as well as taking down the TDS to quite a bit lower than the initial readings. I am hoping this cures the problem. Here are pictures, a lot of growth in two of them not so much in the other two (one of them looks a bit runty, but hey she looks healthy!:thumb:).

20160320_061013.jpg

20160320_062705.jpg

20160320_065151.jpg

20160320_071717.jpg

20160320_073040.jpg

20160320_073051.jpg

After the flush and feed yesterday the girls look GREAT. Except for a few bent leaf tips they look green and healthy (from what I have read the damage may be permanent but no new damage will occur). They look perkier and spread out reaching for the lights more than they have for a week. Looking good so far!!!

OH by the way I have seen pistols on all 4 of the girls now ..... they are showing, now it is time to get on with the flowering!!

20160321_172041.jpg

Subscribe to this grow and follow along. I must admit they are looking pretty good to me too. Have you got a journal that I can follow along with your grow?

28 days tomorrow !! looking good at 4 weeks!!!:allgood:

20160322_212858.jpg

20160322_212950.jpg

20160322_212917.jpg

20160322_213010.jpg

Peejy. I dropped by your journal. I'm subbed there. now looking to watch the finish!! Yours are looking good. :welldone: When you finish you should have a good bit of great smoke. GOOD LUCK!! May fortune smile upon you and your little ones. :goodluck:

BTW mine are looking good, growing like weed ;) I've added another 19000 lumens of cfl side lighting to my grow chamber. I'm curious how much this will help on the ultimate yield by allowing the lower buds to get enough light to grow big. I'll post pictures on Sunday after their biweekly watering and feeding.

PBudman thanks very much for your comments on mine. If you would like my inexperienced opinion I reckon the side lighting will help massively.
I just added a measly 20w 1000 lumen to mine (granted it is only one plant) and I feel like it's making a noticeable difference on the lower bud sites and the lower parts of the big stems.
Can't wait to see pics of yours
Peej

Watered and fed the girls this morning. They needed the water. The pots felt pretty light. Took pictures. They have sure grown recently. All of them look pretty good, there is one that is small, but healthy still. pH on runnoff rannged 5.97-6.21. TDS was lower than I expected. It ranged from 400-1300. After giving each of the girls ~1 gallon of pHd water. Allowed that to go through the system and removed any excess runnoff. After this I gave them each 1 pint of nute solution. This seemed to work very well last time. Next sunday is my mid grow full flush (~5 gallons of flush followed by feeding). Below are pictures. Also I have a picture of the side cfl lighting I have introduced into the grow chamber. There are two of these, one to each side of the chamber and each produce 9600 lumens.

20160327_055210.jpg

20160327_063116.jpg

20160327_064515.jpg

20160327_060950.jpg

20160327_064218.jpg

Nicholas, I have 6 fans pushing air into the cabinet and 1 fan pulling air out right around the overhead lights. I have ~10°F degree temperature rise from the exterior of the cabinet to the interior (75° outside is ~85° inside) I keep the outside ~70°F so in short I have no heat issues yet. I did have to rearrange my lighting schedule. I just recently put in a Veg chamber and between the lighting on the main unit and the new veg chamber my air conditioner was having a hard time keeping up when it was 75°F outside. The solar heat gain plus the heat from my lighting was overwhelming its ability to cool. So I moved times around so the lights are on most all night but off for much of the day. It seems to have helped. But the real test will be the summer high temperatures. The girls look healthy and seem to be liking the extra light, although a couple of leaves that actually touched the bulbs did yellow dry and curl away from the light. I'm 33 days along and looking forward to the next few weeks when the buds and colas really start forming. It is a wonderful smelling time (they have started smelling, AK48 from what I hear is quit odoriferous (I believe it comparing the smell with the Northern Lights I just finished)).

Back
Top Bottom