Alaskey Purplish RDWC

Thanks! If I was going to build one it would be starting with caged plates from someplace like dabpress, and then figure it out from there. Besides cost, where to keep it is a major problem though!
It would be cool to have a cage. You can easily buy all that. But you may want the back the top and bottom plates for support. Im gonna put mine in my office. Probably a floor model.

After I get my cage built I'm gonna get a decent shop press. Hopefully not a HB one. I've been watching CL for a good used one. I'm a cheap MF er haha
If you look at the reviews of the harbor freight presses bent pieces are a regular gripe. It wouldnt be hard to reinforce some of the areas that might have this issue. But it IS Harbor freight a rosin press would probably be the only reason I would buy one of their presses. Lets face it, you won't need 24,000 pounds to press rosin

If you look at the reviews of the harbor freight presses bent pieces are a regular gripe. It wouldnt be hard to reinforce some of the areas that might have this issue. But it IS Harbor freight a rosin press would probably be the only reason I would buy one of their presses. Lets face it, you won't need 24,000 pounds to press rosin
True story. Haha
But beware of the 6 ton bench top. It's a real pos :laughtwo:

True story. Haha
But beware of the 6 ton bench top. It's a real pos :laughtwo:
Thats good to know.
I would still buy it and make it better, before I ever spent thousands on some ready made rosin press thats obviously as cheesey. A hydraulic press is such a simple concept it wouldnt be difficult to make a bad one better. Even making one from scratch wouldnt be hard to do

If I had money to burn I'd love this one. They are a sponsor too. I have plate kit from them I really like

That's a cute little thing on sale for 599 but no pump and unavailable.

If I had money to burn I'd love this one. They are a sponsor too. I have plate kit from them I really like

Thats cool. I like the price But its not gonna do much without a pump. So maybe you could use a Porta Power, that would be cool, somewhat clean.

I bought a hydraulic pump from Northern it was cheap, 10000PSI. I used it for a hydrostatic press test bed. My only problem was calming it down. Little bastard wanted to run.

It looks like a perfect fit for a person making rosin for himself. They have few others that are not as fancy that would work great too. I just dig the look of that small ten ton unit
Honestly THATS the way to do it. Small, powerful, its design is only meant for 1 thing. And the price is fair. I wonder what they normally do for power

They sell a pump too. Think it's 125$ don't remember exact price. Coronavirus has everything back ordered. Lumber out here has tripled in price. If you can find it
I guess the fact we can't get any of this is an issue

Back
Top Bottom