Alientic's 1st Grow of PPP, Snow White and Supergirl

Happy Turkey Day!!!

So this is what I did today. I decided to change the water because for a few days the water was exposed to the light before I blocked the light. As a result there was brown algae at the bottom and on the water pump.

So I cleaned it out and put in fresh distilled water. Added Moon Dust (plant food). PPM is around 750 and pH is around 5.5 to 6. Temps are around 80 deg. F and humidity is low around 29%. I don't know how to raise the humidity.

Posted some pics last night so check them out. Thanks.

You could put a bucket of water in there, with 80 degree temps it will evaporate into the cab. May not make a HUGE differance, but it should raise it a fair amount. 29% huh, well your not in oregon or washington are ya? maybe ya are, dont need to say. Are you using central air? I had a very dry house that had central air, if you do, cover the vent in your room for a few days and see if that helps.

I have a few questions for you and dweeder actually. First are you using the same cabs on your grows? Second (more for you directly) is that a "bathroom" exhaust (a three inch exhaust hole) thats cooling the cab and a (i'm guessing here) 6" exhaust cooling a 600w bulb?
If so that seems a bit off to me, generally speaking (so I heard) a 1000 watt light takes about 185 cfm fan to cool it, which would basically be a $50 booster fan. The 6" or 4" I would use to cool the cab rather than the bulb, this would bring you down a bit in temps also the fan wont have to run constantly which may be reducing your humidity. The stronger fan would empty the room quicker then it can turn off for a few minutes while the temp rise.

Hope this helps a lil bit, if not humor me!!lol:peace:

You could put a bucket of water in there, with 80 degree temps it will evaporate into the cab. May not make a HUGE differance, but it should raise it a fair amount. 29% huh, well your not in oregon or washington are ya? maybe ya are, dont need to say. Are you using central air? I had a very dry house that had central air, if you do, cover the vent in your room for a few days and see if that helps.

I have a few questions for you and dweeder actually. First are you using the same cabs on your grows? Second (more for you directly) is that a "bathroom" exhaust (a three inch exhaust hole) thats cooling the cab and a (i'm guessing here) 6" exhaust cooling a 600w bulb?
If so that seems a bit off to me, generally speaking (so I heard) a 1000 watt light takes about 185 cfm fan to cool it, which would basically be a $50 booster fan. The 6" or 4" I would use to cool the cab rather than the bulb, this would bring you down a bit in temps also the fan wont have to run constantly which may be reducing your humidity. The stronger fan would empty the room quicker then it can turn off for a few minutes while the temp rise.

Hope this helps a lil bit, if not humor me!!lol:peace:
I put a vase filled with water in there and it seems to be working, thanks. It's all good no I don't have central a/c but I have my windows cracked for cross ventilation and it rains a lot where I live :winkyface:

We both have the same cabs. We are running 400w MH and HPS bulbs, and I know there are a total of 4 fans in the cab. Two are pulling air in and one is sucking air out. And the other one is cooling the bulb. One is called a 250 cfm inline fan and another is called a 55 cfm side mounted fan (I think these are the two intake fans). :peace:

"it rains a lot where I live"

Flyfish you and i all live in the NW. Pretty sweet.

Plants look sweet!!!! Humidity is easily overcomed with a cup o' water - especially if your growing inside. You just need an inch at most of water a day!!! If your outside trying to get humidity, any more than an inch, you could attract mosquitoes and other real undesirables. Happy Growing!!!

cooler :smokin: WASHINGTON HOME OF THE BUDS THAT KILLED OREGON BUDS!! LOL just playing. :grinjoint:

YEAH YEAH YOU WISH!!! Oregon has the danks...

^^ Nice my 700th post!

Here are the numbers:
pH is 6.0
Temp 87.4 F
rh 38%
ppm 750ish
400 mh bulb 12 in. from tips

Sorry for all the dog hair in the pics

1st Pic Super Girl
2nd Pic Super Girl
3rd Pic Snow White
4th Pic Snow White
5th Pic Snow White
6th Pic PPP
7th Pic PPP
IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_14034.JPG

IMG_14061.JPG

IMG_14073.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_14121.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

definitely like what i see so far...I'm using pretty much the same type of set up as far as the rapid rooters & drip system go...just got some snow white female seeds in the mail yesterday so i'll definitely be watching how your grow turns out! once i get mine going i might put some pics up too....keep up the good work though!

I'm on my way...I'll be there in three hours LOL

Oh so your around the Tacoma/Seattle area then?

Here are the numbers:
pH is between 5.5 to 6.0
Temp 81 F
rh 39%
ppm 750ish
400 mh bulb 12 in. from tips

Sorry for all the dog hair in the pics

1st Pic Super Girl
2nd Pic Super Girl
3rd Pic Snow White
4th Pic Snow White
5th Pic Snow White
6th Pic PPP
7th Pic PPP
8th Pic Speaks for itself

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_14221.JPG

IMG_14231.JPG

IMG_14241.JPG

IMG_14281.JPG

IMG_14261.JPG

IMG_14272.JPG

IMG_14191.JPG

The SW and PPP are definitely coming along a bit slower, and whats that plastic bag thing in the last pic?

Back
Top Bottom