Alientic's 1st Grow of PPP, Snow White and Supergirl

Are you worrying? of course, I still do, they're always my babies and ladies however on your seed dilema, and sounds like not all of them are coming up>Not all will all the time> it can be the best of genetic stock feminised and all, but that does not warranty 100% germination> Patience, start some more, and have a contingency to always be backed up.

You probably should put another pump in there to keep it aggitated. Just a little one will do the trick. :)
Pardon my ignorance :smokin:, what do you mean by aggitated? They only provided a 185 gph mag driven water pump and an aquarium air pump w/airstone. So should I get one more water pump?

don't let any light into your resevoir. that can cause algae to grow which will mess with your pH and TDS levels. Also, TDS is cumulative. Total TDS = TDS(water) + TDS(nutrients)

My tap water is TDS 400 so if I mix my nutes to be 800 ppm, then the TDS reported when I test the solution will be 1200 ppm. Keep that in mind when you monitor your TDS

don't let any light into your resevoir. that can cause algae to grow which will mess with your pH and TDS levels. Also, TDS is cumulative. Total TDS = TDS(water) + TDS(nutrients)

My tap water is TDS 400 so if I mix my nutes to be 800 ppm, then the TDS reported when I test the solution will be 1200 ppm. Keep that in mind when you monitor your TDS
I'm so confused right now sorry...I used distilled water and it's ppm was like 4 then I added 2 teaspoons of nutes and it went up to like 230 or something. So am I reading the TDS correctly? :grinjoint::peace:

if you have a low ppm water to start with, your kool.
by agitated, i mean stirred up. If your getting different readings in different places in the same res., your nutrients are settling. You wont be able to get a good ph or tds/ppm reading, nor will your plants receive the nutrient levels you expect. I have a separate pump in each res I have, to agitate and increase o2 levels.

Just a suggestion, we used a ziplock bag with a paper towel in it to plug the hole with all the wires going into it...

see:

100_0871_001.jpg

not real fancy, but it does the trick

Just a suggestion, we used a ziplock bag with a paper towel in it to plug the hole with all the wires going into it...

see:

100_0871_001.jpg

not real fancy, but it does the trick
Thanks, gonna do that right now. I'm really giving up on the 3 seeds in the front and thinking about germinating 3 more. Not sure if I should do this. I noticed you had 14 plants in there. I'm not sure if all those will be successful. I've seen other grows with the cool cab and 6 appears to be all the room it can handle. If there is something I'm missing please let me know because I would like to grow more than 6 plants. Thanks.

if you have a low ppm water to start with, your kool.
by agitated, i mean stirred up. If your getting different readings in different places in the same res., your nutrients are settling. You wont be able to get a good ph or tds/ppm reading, nor will your plants receive the nutrient levels you expect. I have a separate pump in each res I have, to agitate and increase o2 levels.
Is the airstone that's blowing bubbles in the water a form of agitation? Thanks.

By the way. In addition to the fan that's cooling the light, should I have both intake fans on as well as the exhaust fan? The directions don't really say otherwise. Thanks.

Looking good so far... I'd keep the intake and exhaust on if it were me....Also, sounds like you do need another pump for that additional air stone you added.. as already said... you will not get accurate level of nutes to all plants without the water moving around enough.

Sorry, but I forget...I just read from the beginning but are these fem seeds? That box is not big enough for 14 plants to flower unless you use a 12/12 schedule from the very beginning...even then may be a little tight. You will probably get less bud if you grow all 14 plants then you would if you only grew 5 or 6 in that box. It seems as though the 14 plants would choke each other out for light.. at least all of the lower branches I would assume. Just my opinion... But your plants are looking very healthy!

Looking good so far... I'd keep the intake and exhaust on if it were me....Also, sounds like you do need another pump for that additional air stone you added.. as already said... you will not get accurate level of nutes to all plants without the water moving around enough.

Sorry, but I forget...I just read from the beginning but are these fem seeds? That box is not big enough for 14 plants to flower unless you use a 12/12 schedule from the very beginning...even then may be a little tight. You will probably get less bud if you grow all 14 plants then you would if you only grew 5 or 6 in that box. It seems as though the 14 plants would choke each other out for light.. at least all of the lower branches I would assume. Just my opinion... But your plants are looking very healthy!
Thanks for the feedback! They are fem seeds from Nirvana. Yeah 14 plants is way too many for the cab, 4 is ideal and 6 is max.

I hope I didn't bum you out a little about the amount of plants, you're gonna get some killer smoke for sure. And I've never seen a full box in flower before...so this will be interesting...why else would they put 14 holes in there?

I hope I didn't bum you out a little about the amount of plants, you're gonna get some killer smoke for sure. And I've never seen a full box in flower before...so this will be interesting...why else would they put 14 holes in there?
No worries you didn't bum me out. Technically you can grow 14 plants in there just not 14 cannabis plants lol. I learned from a couple other grow journals early on that 6 was the max. Now I have all 14 net pots in there but only 6 have an organic plug with a seed. :ganjamon:

Thanks, gonna do that right now. I'm really giving up on the 3 seeds in the front and thinking about germinating 3 more. Not sure if I should do this. I noticed you had 14 plants in there. I'm not sure if all those will be successful. I've seen other grows with the cool cab and 6 appears to be all the room it can handle. If there is something I'm missing please let me know because I would like to grow more than 6 plants. Thanks.
Well we aren't sure whether they are boys or girls yet but we are hoping for 4-7??? I agree that with the space and the size of the reservoir that 6-7 is probably the max. Our plants are flying. I measured them yesterday morning and they were just under 10" and again last night and they were around 11". I'll try to post some pics in a while.

Day 7

Okay, so the three seeds in the front have been moved to the cloning chamber until they sprout. They all have tap roots in the organic plug.

I decided to place 3 new seeds in the front and they've cracked their shells.

But now onto the plants that are actually growing.

Pic #1 is Pure Power Plant
Pic #2 is Snow White
Pic #3 is Super Girl

I'm thinking about raising the Nutes at this point for these three plants even though the new seeds haven't sprouted yet. The ppm is about 250 right now and thinking about going to 600 ppm.

Any suggestions? Thanks

IMG_13941.JPG

IMG_13951.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

I would consider waiting a few more days. If you really want to, have some clean water ready to dilute if it turns out to be a bit much. I usually try and wait for a growth spurt to start then bump it up, but I'm also kinda new with seeds and dont have experiance with your strains.
I think that's a good idea. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom