Alientic's 1st Grow of PPP, Snow White and Supergirl

Great thread. I look forward to the progress. I am about to go into flowering mood on my 4 plants.

The SW and PPP are definitely coming along a bit slower, and whats that plastic bag thing in the last pic?
zip lock bag filled with paper towels to block the light from entering the reservoir. Yeah, the ones in the back were planted after the ones in the front.

Okay I think there is definitely something wrong with my plants. Leaves are curling, some have rust looking spots, some have a light green color, one looks like an alien and one has a hole in it!!

Please let me know what you think or see!

Here are the numbers:
1. pH appears to be in the 5 range
2. Temp 77 F
3. rh 34%
4. ppm 673 (down from 750/760) Another grower suggested I lower the ppm to 300/400 but didn't tell me why?
5. 400 mh bulb 12 in. from tips

Sorry for all the dog hair in the pics

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_14331.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_14352.JPG

IMG_14361.JPG

IMG_14371.JPG

IMG_14381.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_14401.JPG

IMG_14411.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_14451.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_14471.JPG

IMG_14482.JPG

IMG_14492.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_14512.JPG

IMG_14523.JPG

I had a simular problem with my plants when I started. I followed the instruction on the Bonicare Grow Pro with around 600ppm. The plant didn't like the solution. I reduced the solution to 250ppm and the plants recovered. My plants are now around 8" high and I run 600-650ppm and the plants are doing fine.

I had a simular problem with my plants when I started. I followed the instruction on the Bonicare Grow Pro with around 600ppm. The plant didn't like the solution. I reduced the solution to 250ppm and the plants recovered. My plants are now around 8" high and I run 600-650ppm and the plants are doing fine.
Thanks, I'm trying to lower the ppm. I added 2 gallons of distilled water to the res and back up res. When I get home later today I'm gonna remove about 2 more gallons and add some more distilled water. Thanks for the info :peace:

cooler :smokin: WASHINGTON HOME OF THE BUDS THAT KILLED OREGON BUDS!! LOL just playing. :grinjoint:

KY ... the place that killed all BUDS !!!! (to much horse shit laying around not to grow good bud !!!! )
:passitleft: :yummy:

Well the distilled water I'm using has a ppm of 0. In week two I raised the nutes from around 250ppm to 750ppm. That was clearly a mistake! The plants suffered from some nute burn, leaves curling and one of the leaves actually had a hole in it. There are still some rust spots on some of the lower leaves and the growth looked stunted on some of the plants.

Others suggested I lower the nutes to about 300/400, so I removed several gallons of the nuted water and replaced with fresh distilled water bringing the ppm down to 382. As a result, the new growth looks great! I don't remember where I read that the burned leaves will always be that way. Please let me know if this is true. The changes are looking good to me, but I'm a noob so what do I know, LOL.

Here are the numbers:
pH is 5.5 (Guess according to color chart)
Temp 81 F
RH 32%
ppm 382 (down from 673 and 750)
400w mh bulb 12 in. from tips

1st Pic Supergirl (side view)
2nd Pic Supergirl (top view) Seed planted 11/20
3rd Pic Supergirl (side view)
4th Pic Supergirl (top view) Seed planted 11/26
5th Pic Snow White (side view)
6th Pic Snow White (top view) Seed planted 11/20
7th Pic Snow White (side view)
8th Pic Snow White (top view) Seed planted 11/20
9th Pic Snow White (side view)
10th Pic Snow White (top view) Seed planted 11/26
11th Pic PPP (side view)
12th Pic PPP (top view) Seed planted 11/20
13th Pic PPP (side view)
14th Pic PPP (top view) Seed planted 11/26
15th Pic Overall
IMG_14571.JPG

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_14591.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1467.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_14701.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

Please let me know what you think and see

Here are the numbers:
pH was below 5.0 so I raised it to 6.0 (Guess according to color chart)
Temp 85 F
RH 37%
ppm 337

1st Pic Supergirl - Seed planted 11/20
2nd Pic Supergirl - Seed planted 11/26
3rd Pic Snow White - Seed planted 11/20
4th Pic Snow White - Seed planted 11/20
5th Pic Snow White - Seed planted 11/26
6th Pic PPP - Seed planted 11/20
7th Pic PPP - Seed planted 11/26
8th Pic Overall (side view)
9th Pic Overall (top view)

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_14783.JPG

IMG_14831.JPG

IMG_14841.JPG

IMG_14851.JPG

IMG_14874.JPG

IMG_14882.JPG

IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

Well it's really starting to smell like :yummy: The new growth comes out beautiful but then the leaves change color or form spots on them as you'll be able to see in the pics below.

At this point I don't know what the ppm should be at, I lowered it because the leaves were getting burned and it seems like they are still getting burned or something else is happening.

Please let me know what you think, suggestions or ideas are much appreciated.

Here are the numbers:
pH is 6.5 (Guess according to color chart)
Temp 87 F
RH 37%
ppm 274 (what should it be at this point)

1st Pic Supergirl #1 (side view) - Seed planted 11/20
2nd Pic Supergirl #1 (top view)
3rd Pic Supergirl #1 (sick leaves)
4th Pic Supergirl #1 (sick leaves)
5th Pic Supergirl #1 (sick leaves)
6th Pic Supergirl #2 (top view) - Seed planted 11/26
7th Pic Supergirl #2 (sick leaves)
8th Pic Snow White #1 (top view) - Seed planted 11/20
9th Pic Snow White #1 (side view)
10th Pic Snow White #2 (top view) - Seed planted 11/20
11th Pic Snow White #3 (top view) - Seed planted 11/26
12th Pic Snow White #3 (sick leaves)
13th Pic Snow White #3 (sick leaves)
14th Pic Snow White #3 (sick leaves)
15th Pic PPP #1 (top view) - Seed planted 11/20
16th Pic PPP #1 (side view)
17th Pic PPP #2 (top view) - Seed planted 11/26
18th Pic PPP #2 (sick leaves)
19th Pic Overall (top view)

IMG_14902.JPG

IMG_14911.JPG

IMG_14921.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_14941.JPG

IMG_14952.JPG

IMG_14961.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_15081.JPG

IMG_15092.JPG

IMG_14893.JPG

I have something for you

what you said
Here are the numbers:
Temp 85 F
RH 37%
ppm 337

I grow in a box as well. I think you made the right choice going with just 6 plants. If they want to get tall or bushy you can run out of room fast. nothing worse than TRYING to go SOG or SCROG late in the game.
Those rooms get hot.fast. try to keep the temps as low or close close to 70 as you can. the temp may be 85 but it more under the lights. put your hand under the light at the top of your tallest plant if it get too warm its no good move the light up. 12 inches from the tops is low when they are young go for 24 or 36 if you can until they recover or start to strech/reach.
The ppm are ok for that size but how is your FRESH airflow? are the intake and exhaust vents close to one another in that box. if so you might just be circulating used or hot air. grab some dryer line from a home supply store and run a line to your intake. I cant tell from your pictures but I cant see a fresh air intake. Fresh air this time of year may also drop your temps if you are running your light 24/0. the temps may be throwing your ph off. if you get a stable temperate they may not skyrocket or drop through the floor
I would highly reccomend Humboldt County's Own Bushmaster when you hit flower, if you think they might hit the lights. they may double or triple in size in DWC when those roots hit the water.

hope that helps.:yummy:

your four20friend

one more thing

you said later
Here are the numbers:
Temp 87 F<--------------------------HOT in the space your in without co2
RH 37%

I would shoot for a ph close to 6.0 in hydro.
ppm sound good around 274 but what type of water are you using.I have never had a problem with R/O water.as they get bigger slowly raise the mix.I dont get much burning in the first month when between 300-500.moret han that is a lot for young plants what was the water ppm before you added the nutes? the burning seems to only be on the plants in the middle did you spill any nutes on the leaves? are you using an airstone.?

I have something for you

what you said
Here are the numbers:
Temp 85 F
RH 37%
ppm 337

I grow in a box as well. I think you made the right choice going with just 6 plants. If they want to get tall or bushy you can run out of room fast. nothing worse than TRYING to go SOG or SCROG late in the game.
Those rooms get hot.fast. try to keep the temps as low or close close to 70 as you can. the temp may be 85 but it more under the lights. put your hand under the light at the top of your tallest plant if it get too warm its no good move the light up. 12 inches from the tops is low when they are young go for 24 or 36 if you can until they recover or start to strech/reach.
The ppm are ok for that size but how is your FRESH airflow? are the intake and exhaust vents close to one another in that box. if so you might just be circulating used or hot air. grab some dryer line from a home supply store and run a line to your intake. I cant tell from your pictures but I cant see a fresh air intake. Fresh air this time of year may also drop your temps if you are running your light 24/0. the temps may be throwing your ph off. if you get a stable temperate they may not skyrocket or drop through the floor
I would highly reccomend Humboldt County's Own Bushmaster when you hit flower, if you think they might hit the lights. they may double or triple in size in DWC when those roots hit the water.

hope that helps.:yummy:

your four20friend
Thanks for the suggestions four20friend. The light is now 24 in. from the smallest plant and 19 in. from the tallest plant. Temps are 80 degrees right now and I'm sure they will be dropping tonight because we are about to get the coldest temps this area has seen since 1990.
As far as fans I have two intake fans low near the top of the reservoir and an exhaust fan sucking air out and blowing into a carbon air filter. It is located near the top of the Cool Cab. The fan that's cooling the light, exhaust at the top of the Cool Cab as well.
The Cool Cab came with Bushmaster so I have some of that and will use it when I flower. The roots are in the water now LOL. They look like a full head of blonde hair. The water is pretty warm though :/

one more thing

you said later
Here are the numbers:
Temp 87 F<--------------------------HOT in the space your in without co2
RH 37%

I would shoot for a ph close to 6.0 in hydro.
ppm sound good around 274 but what type of water are you using.I have never had a problem with R/O water.as they get bigger slowly raise the mix.I dont get much burning in the first month when between 300-500.moret han that is a lot for young plants what was the water ppm before you added the nutes? the burning seems to only be on the plants in the middle did you spill any nutes on the leaves? are you using an airstone.?
I'm using distilled water with a ppm of 0 so the ppm is straight up nutes. I have an airstone in the reservoir as well as a water pump. I didn't spill any nutes on the leaves, however, I have been spraying them with Spray-N-Grow which they provided with the Cool Cab. Thanks again for your help :peace:

with the lights that low and plants that young any foliar spray might burn the fan leaves.Is the water warm or real warm.. take a small water bottle or two remove some water and squeeze the air out so it can expand and put it in the freezer. then drop it in your rez tank during the middle of your light cycle or hotest part of the day in your area. it will drop the temps cheap if the water is too warm.I would really reccomend some fresh intake air from outside if at all possible.10 feet of 4" dryer hose should be less than 20 bucks at any home repair store. you could even place something frozen in front of the air intake to cool the air cheap but it will raise your Humidity.You can also get dry ice at most supermarkets but its not cheap and wont last long.water with a low ppm is good so thats not the problem. you said the rez looks like a blondes head in water. are your roots a blond/rust color or brownish stained or closer to white.dark roots would tell me nute burn.if the res is full of roots make sure nothing is clogged up.white roots are good. IMHO with the lights higher and the ph around 6 and cool fresh air intake that should Help lots but i am not there.double check everything.you said your ppms were down from 760.thats high. I would give them a light water only flush,then a rez change and an hour light break will let those temps drop on that metal.

Alientic, I would also like to let you know about a few changes we have made with our Cool Cab. I know that SLS said the temps should be up to 87 degrees but from the beginning, the high temps concerted DJB and I so we: added another duct fan to pull the air from the light tube on the opposite side. We also purchased a larger exhaust fan to pull the air and as of late we have direct ducted to exhaust outside (we are on a slab so the exhaust goes under our home), no noticeable smells at this time, if it becomes a problem, we will try putting the cabon filter at the end of the exhaust hose. I don't want to complain about SLS because of the great results we are having, but I don't want anyone to think that you can actually turn the key and bamm, it does all the work. Before exhausting to outside, we left the doors cracked to control the heat and what a smell, having a few teens around we have to be very, very careful. Honestly in my lack of knowledge I truely believed that the cabinet would look like any other cabinet in your home. LOL !!! I call it the spaceship. I have contacted the company and told them that I believe their product have great potential, but that I feel that they have skimped on some key components of the cabinet. We also have been using the CO2 boost from very early on. You can purchase it a bit cheaper on e-bay.:nomo:

Alientic, I would also like to let you know about a few changes we have made with our Cool Cab. I know that SLS said the temps should be up to 87 degrees but from the beginning, the high temps concerted DJB and I so we: added another duct fan to pull the air from the light tube on the opposite side. We also purchased a larger exhaust fan to pull the air and as of late we have direct ducted to exhaust outside (we are on a slab so the exhaust goes under our home), no noticeable smells at this time, if it becomes a problem, we will try putting the cabon filter at the end of the exhaust hose. I don't want to complain about SLS because of the great results we are having, but I don't want anyone to think that you can actually turn the key and bamm, it does all the work. Before exhausting to outside, we left the doors cracked to control the heat and what a smell, having a few teens around we have to be very, very careful. Honestly in my lack of knowledge I truely believed that the cabinet would look like any other cabinet in your home. LOL !!! I call it the spaceship. I have contacted the company and told them that I believe their product have great potential, but that I feel that they have skimped on some key components of the cabinet. We also have been using the CO2 boost from very early on. You can purchase it a bit cheaper on e-bay.:nomo:

right on the money. Good airflow is almost as good as co2 and it keeps the temps down if the source is cool outside air.things looking any better?.:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom