Am I doing it right?

No- not at all and the same questions get asked over and over again. That just comes with the territory. That's why they call it the FAQs :laughtwo: I'm happy to answer questions but I have limited time so I'll let you read up a little. Just keep your nutes low as we said, do not overwater, and keep reading and reading.

I think I posted this link already but I'm too lazy to scroll back. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Okay perfect! I'll be doing just that trust me! Again I really appreciate your help and the time you spent with me!

Going to sub, I'm on my first grow and my white widow seeds sprouted 5/1 So we are on the same track. Here's my 3 girls for comparison (the deformed one had the shell stuck on too long, but is still growing like crazy)
420-magazine-mobile1627485822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2135257019.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1152594507.jpg

Going to sub, I'm on my first grow and my white widow seeds sprouted 5/1 So we are on the same track. Here's my 3 girls for comparison (the deformed one had the shell stuck on too long, but is still growing like crazy)
420-magazine-mobile1627485822.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2135257019.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1152594507.jpg

Oh brother those look healthy, even the last one (it'll need special care, but we love all our children no?)
very nice,

my question are you using aaaaaany calmag at all? Or just plain water, if neither of those, what's your watering method ??

I'm curious to know what people are doing with there's

Oh brother those look healthy, even the last one (it'll need special care, but we love all our children no?)
very nice,

my question are you using aaaaaany calmag at all? Or just plain water, if neither of those, what's your watering method ??

I'm curious to know what people are doing with there's
Thank you :) the only thing I've given my girls is RO water. From want I've heard, you shouldn't give them anything but water until 2 wks-4wks (above soil) depending on your soil/medium... and I was using a spray bottle at first but have now started to pour water gently until there is 10% runoff. I start at the outside and work my way to the center, so that roots stretch out and fill the pot. Then wait until the 1st inch of soil is completely dry before I water again.

Thank you :) the only thing I've given my girls is RO water. From want I've heard, you shouldn't give them anything but water until 2 wks-4wks (above soil) depending on your soil/medium... and I was using a spray bottle at first but have now started to pour water gently until there is 10% runoff. I start at the outside and work my way to the center, so that roots stretch out and fill the pot. Then wait until the 1st inch of soil is completely dry before I water again.

With your help my ladies have been growing quite well Thanks a lot I,be even managed to do my first transplant as well (wasn't the cleanest) I'm hoping for a good increase in size in the next few weeks :)

Thanks again, I want to post photos tomorrow when I get home so I think that's the plan!

Have a goodnight!

With your help my ladies have been growing quite well Thanks a lot I,be even managed to do my first transplant as well (wasn't the cleanest) I'm hoping for a good increase in size in the next few weeks :)

Thanks again, I want to post photos tomorrow when I get home so I think that's the plan!

Have a goodnight!
Awesome! I'll be transplanting my girls in a week or so, any tips?

Awesome! I'll be transplanting my girls in a week or so, any tips?

Okay wicked! The moisture I figured would be the best thing to start with if the soil is to dry it'll break apart and mine wasn't moist at the bottom, so that's one, make sure the level you transplant is the same level that the first pot had then full around it till it matches, then making sure you water it just like you do after you transplant it to meld everything together.

Lol hope that helps I didn't follow these rules to a t that's why I'm nervous but we'll see :)!

Okay wicked! The moisture I figured would be the best thing to start with if the soil is to dry it'll break apart and mine wasn't moist at the bottom, so that's one, make sure the level you transplant is the same level that the first pot had then full around it till it matches, then making sure you water it just like you do after you transplant it to meld everything together.

Lol hope that helps I didn't follow these rules to a t that's why I'm nervous but we'll see :)!
Thanks, will do! I'm sure they'll love it!

Update!

So one of my girls has grown well! On the other hand I have a young one who's not look correct,

420-magazine-mobile1441635219.jpg

I actually have no clue what to do with her, in the last 2 waterings this was the happening...

When I noticed I had gave her too many nutes I decided to water it normally with plain water (promix balances ph) and waited another week or so, nothing changed so on the next watering I decided to do a flush (took 3l or so and slowly flushed the plant with regular water to push out any nutes in the soil) that was on may 20th, still been a. Few days and not much has changed, what can I do to make the new growth prosper?

Here are the other two

420-magazine-mobile149663807.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1554508901.jpg

Her bottom leaves are dropping I'm not exactly sure what that's about I know I haven't been over watering just alternating with nutes, so one water with nutes one without, possibly that's the issue? But is she mature enough to be watered with nutes every grow?

420-magazine-mobile67035461.jpg

This beautiful girl has a story! She was a little lopsided and had a very slow beginning even to the point we're I had taken her and the bottom root was squashed, even in that I was convinced she'd survive the first leaves that appeared didn't open correctly, but after some TLC and just making sure she was okey daily, the leaves opened up and we got our first node, she's been thriving ever since :)

That's pretty much where I'm at now, looking into grow tents for flowering or vice versa, were the closet is for flowering tent for vegging not sure yet,

If love some help with that first girl I'm very sad, I believe I crushed her with nutes, too much nutes infact

Anyway thank you all for reading!

Update!

Well had to make a tough call and make one room for veg and one for flower!

*My girlfriend has been real supportive!*

So now we have this dude/dudette I don't really know yet

This room is the flower room hoping one more week of veg with a watering with nutes will help that week going into flower? What do you all think?

420-magazine-mobile1939887767.jpg

This is the veg room lol, I know pretty plain but it will work! The one on the right was transplanted like 6 seconds ago and I feel I fucked up horribly only time will tell

420-magazine-mobile32071402.jpg

That's the set up for now, going to Canadian tire today to look into the flowering room light leaks, weather strips? Garbage bag x duct tape, perhaps a second door behind the first one (I see heat & ventilation issues :{ ) also the clamp light just to add one more bulb to the room.

Anyway the plant on the left looks so weird I've been waiting and waiting for it to hop back but it's been a slow week for it again

Any ideas what I can do?

Here is what I've done

1check to see if PH was off it wasn't, and too much nutes
2saw that I over watered so waited till total dry out
3water once with just plain water
4waited for total dry out to water again
5No changes so conducted flush, (3x pot size watering, no nutes)
6Realized to packed so loosened the soil

That was the last thing I've done up till now.

420-magazine-mobile722208560.jpg

420-magazine-mobile456015338.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1561407355.jpg

Anyway thanks for keeping up with me if you are here and help would be appreciated !!

Thank you!

I can't tell by looking at it what the problem is other than it looks overwatered. That could be the main problem though, along with feeding issues.
When you say you waited till it 'dried right up' what do you mean by that? How do you test that? And how did you 'loosen up' the promix? I'm also curious about why you say the transplant was done wrong.
Don't worry- you're kind of hitting a few main newbie mistakes- we all do it and we all get past it if we keep reading up on how to do it better.

Just a side note: The container on the right looks translucent..I suggest you wrap something around that container to completely stop any light from getting to it..ROOTS HATE LIGHT!! Also CFLs can be a few centimeters from the seedling tops..Put the back of your hand between the tops and the light..If you feel heat, your light is too close..Otherwise closer the light, the less your plants will stretch..
Good luck growing :Namaste:

I can't tell by looking at it what the problem is other than it looks overwatered. That could be the main problem though, along with feeding issues.
When you say you waited till it 'dried right up' what do you mean by that? How do you test that? And how did you 'loosen up' the promix? I'm also curious about why you say the transplant was done wrong.
Don't worry- you're kind of hitting a few main newbie mistakes- we all do it and we all get past it if we keep reading up on how to do it better.

Right I think the overwatering was the biggest issue in fact I had to be from doing the flush, which I expected.

I waited till the pot was lighter as light as when I first filed it with soil, before I watered it.

I took the pot and massaged it so that the soil was less compressed don't know if that makes sense

I was doing the transplant this morning after lights on and basically when I flipped it in my hand it was good, putting in the new soil was not, It crumbled and landed in the whole, I tried my best to fill it up with soil in order to keep the stem from flopping and that photo was the result (on the right)

Just a side note: The container on the right looks translucent..I suggest you wrap something around that container to completely stop any light from getting to it..ROOTS HATE LIGHT!! Also CFLs can be a few centimeters from the seedling tops..Put the back of your hand between the tops and the light..If you feel heat, your light is too close..Otherwise closer the light, the less your plants will stretch..
Good luck growing :Namaste:

I don't understand what's you mean by translucent could you explain please,

And as you suggest I moved the bulbs closer!

This is the set up

420-magazine-mobile291168770.jpg

Translucent as in almost clear! Hope this helps..:)
Just make sure you do not burn the plants..1st sign of heat stress will be the leaves curling up..

Hello all good evening! Update!

Conducted some LST on the big lady/boy (not sure what it is yet?) and basically have made the shape a little rounder to start, check it out

420-magazine-mobile1856777121.jpg

The tops are starting to even out so I did some more LST work and basically have this to show, this is the last week in veg ....I'm excited to see how this works out.

Some of the fan leaves are browning at the bottom ,and I'm not 100% why, I did a pretty good watering and added 15ml of pure blend gro, to a gallon of water was that too much? This plant is 3rd week in veg, about 5 from seed.

what should be expecting going into flowering any advice on how to keep this kitty happy?

Thanks in advance!!

420-magazine-mobile29705468.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1883177925.jpg

Good evening folks 15 mins till lights out !

My lady here (yes she's a lady and I got photos! :) ) has gotten the last LSTing done now I think it will just be a nice smooth grow from here. I've made it into a shape that I'm hoping will give me pretty tops and a nice yield.

She went into flower about 6-9 and basically I've been just watching the humidity making sure not to water to often (about once a week) and this week was just a plain water the last two waters (last in veg then 1st in bloom) have had nutes added to them (pure blend pro, then bloom) and honestly I'm pretty happy.

I got a clone from her in veg, and that went well I got it to grow roots and is in a humidity dome, two other plants in a veg room plus 1 seeding!

What are your suggestions, for max yield/health, and do you think this is too much LST for my first plant?

Anyway have a great evening anyone following this journey!

Edit: pre flowers

420-magazine-mobile1906555853.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1552463814.jpg

Looking good. I don't think there's really such a thing as too much LST. I mean - you're free to train it as you want, it doesn't hurt them, IMO.
I normally feed every week. For the first week of 12-12 I usually give them Grow formula- sometimes the second week too depending whether they're starting to show any signs of early flowering or not. By the third week (sometimes the second one) they generally are, and I give them half Grow and half Bloom- following that it's straight Bloom formula. Don't skimp in the calmag during this early flowering period.

Oh man what a month! Couldn't be happier with how my lady is forming here she's in the 7th week of flower,

Since I skipped the week before that here are some before pictures

420-magazine-mobile1706075153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1075582758.jpg

Basically since then it's been a feeding a week sometimes 2 depending on the day, in the last week I fed her, for example; if I fed her on a Friday she's will be looking for water around Monday night/Tuesday morning, then she'll want water on the Saturday, till it rotates back to Thursday, all the way back to Monday, then Friday again, its irregular but it has a pattern from the notes I've been keeping.

PH water 6.5 with week 6 feedings at 15ml then one week 7 feeding 20ml of PBPB in 1 gal of water (I don't have an supplements or boosters to add in, so I'm using %100 nutes) then the next feeding was just pH water at 6.5 (that's today) I'm planning on starting the flush? Only phd water feedings till harvest? Tell me your thoughts on that

These are this weeks photos, got a 60x loupe from amazon matched it with my iPhone cameras and I can get close ups of the trichomes and the resin building, plus took in the dark photos of the buds,

---

420-magazine-mobile2051441621.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1815220404.jpg

420-magazine-mobile834474938.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1262170766.jpg

420-magazine-mobile84627835.jpg

Please let me know if there's things I can be doing better you know !
---

I love this stuff BTW thanks for anyone who's payed attention, gave me advice and is still here to help, this knowledge is invaluable really and can't be replaced with just smoking the thing, I'm learning a lot about cannabis and my own human nature it's fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom