Any Electricians?

Ok will do or not to do.. That's the question.. Ill just tell them a buddy from my weed forum online said he was a electrical engineer and fuuuuuk it... Lol naw just kiddin.. Ill hook one up later when lights are back on and let it go for a while and see if either get hot.. And then try it out a little longer every day for a little while see what happens.. or doesnt.. I really want these to work out i can't afford ballasts and mh set ups with hps too. Or high dollar LEDs either right now.. I got a 150 dollar led and its only a 96w.. Both of these bulbs together are only 65 bucks combined.. Sofor the money and wattage these are the best choice for now..
And when I was talking about the other 6 bulbs I was meaning that I wanted to get 6 more because I wanted to set up a separate tent for a bunch of different autos for in between harvests of the fem grows. These 2 I have i think are going to take a while before I get them to where I want them before putting them into flowers schedules.

Someone said that the "replaces" doesnt actually mean anything towards actual wattage. But ya that's why I was wondering.. Also one of the main reasons I bought them.. The drop light thing was just a grab for what was available and closest to the range I was looking for.. Good point

Back to nail biting. Thanx for reminding me of the cold water im sitting in.. I guess if a fire break out ill be warmer tho.. Lol, ok not that funny

Is it Dangerous?
For sure. Putting a 100-watt bulb in a 60-watt fixture could cause intense heat, melting the light socket and the insulation on the fixture's wires.

Any time you have that kind of damage on wires, you're at a big risk for arc faults, where an electrical current falls off its intended path— a leading cause of home fires.

Even after you pull the offending bulb out, you could still have lasting damage to your fixture.

How Can I Avoid It?
More modern fixtures should disclose their wattage rating—just don't go above that with your bulbs and you'll be safe. If your fixture is older, and without a wattage recommendation, go the safe route and use 60-watt bulb

If your socket says not to exceed 60-Watts, it is referring the dangers of high heat output associated with incandescent bulbs. However, LED's do not emit dangerous levels of heat. Thus, if your fixture says “not to exceed 60-Watts” but you want to use a 100-Watt equivalent LED bulb, this would be safe to do so..

Just found these 2 on a search....
What to do, they are confuciousing me even more

100w equivalent in led is only 25-30 watts. So in order to run a 100w led you would need a ballistic rated at 400w for incandescent bulbs

Sent from my SM-N930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I had a supposed 150 watt led before buying these.. They were no where near as bright as even a 60w incandescent. I didn't like them.. They also cost as much as the bulbs I have now and were only 26 Watts.. They were a rip plus they were even hotter than my other Mars Hydro48 96W.. At least more than 2 or even 3 times hotter.. But the plants were still leaning towards the Hydro48.. If I tried them would they hurt just the drop light accesory or would it possibly damage being the wall to the outlet as well . if they did damage..

Drop plug for sure but no telling just how long it would hold. Then wiring in wall may b good if breaker trips once the drop light faults

Sent from my SM-N930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As far as the socket and wiring goes it will Handel it with no problem.
I'm sure your light won't produce as much heat as a 75 watt incandescent . Go for it. IF your still not sure and don't trust it plug it into a GFCI receptical. They do make a GFCI plug on small extension cord.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Aha.!.!.! Ok that 2-to-1 Hobbies. 2 mores days and im starting to individually place the new bulbs into effect for the closet.. I'll do one at a time and make sure to check that bulb and socket periodically throughout the day to see if it is getting hot.. The longer I use it ill just keep checking. But if their isn't any heat period after prolonged use over a few days no flickering smells nothing.. Im hooking the other up and will "just in case" do the same checking with it to make sure if neither have problems ill let yall know... Thanx for the help and concerns yall ..

Lots of good points being made cfls run based on actual and equivalent. If your 105w CFL is rated for actual and the equivalent is to 400w then to be safe get a 150w light socket clamp reflector from a hardware electrical sector for about 10$ each.

Extra heat degrades the bulb faster so do it right the first time no matter budget, for safety.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lots of good points being made cfls run based on actual and equivalent. If your 105w CFL is rated for actual and the equivalent is to 400w then to be safe get a 150w light socket clamp reflector from a hardware electrical sector for about 10$ each.

Extra heat degrades the bulb faster so do it right the first time no matter budget, for safety.

Ahhhhhhh;hhhhhhhhhhh;hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... Damit piss in my post toasty's.. Lmao.. I hope they are 10 bucks I don't have the money for more stuff.. Keep trying to move forward and keep up with this but my AK Indica Dominant strain (<- from what im guessing based on her wide spade leaves) is smelling my whole house up like skunky coffee and she's 3 inches tall.. I need to be working on air filtration and cover up.. Quick..
I hope I kept my receipts.
Lol
Ok 2 to 2 and I still on the fence more as ever. But technicality is that one of us for the for side still technically said better to do it right and change it even though he's pretty sure it would work.. And honestly I am too
I just don't wannnnnnaaaa K thanx for the help... Ill be leaving my post toasty's here tho I doubt even want them now..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news bruv but keeping you and your KIND safe is important. Sure it may work on 75watts but that bulb is meant to bump 400w equivalent.

420-magazine-mobile655719650.jpg

Roughly idea of what you want

Home Depot has a 300W Clamp Light too for under $15 (least they do around here, I had my boxes out in the shed and was trying to make it work with heat lamps....old lady let me bring them into spare room as it was still too cold out in the shed with a heater and two heat lamps).

Back
Top Bottom