Are these enough?

Juust123

Hello im using these pulbs for my whitew idow grow, are they enough for one plant and what you guys guess for my yield?
And im having those 15-75w one more, picture has one only in box i have them 2.

Attachments

• 15575024085997407592811159886791.jpg
    15575024085997407592811159886791.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 125
And plant

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_184054.jpg
    IMG_20190510_184054.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20190510_184041.jpg
    IMG_20190510_184041.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20190510_184023.jpg
    IMG_20190510_184023.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 130
I think you'll need twice as many bulbs (the big ones)..I think you're saying you've got 4?
You'll need at least 8 when she starts flowering.
Guessing your yield is a long ways down the road from where you're at right now

Depends what you mean by "enough" I suppose. It's enough to keep the plant alive but not enough to give you a good final yield. Invest in a proper light.

@Juust123 welcome to the site! Good choice in the viparspectra ive heard great things about those lights!

Now, I see your using tin foil for the sides? It’s not recommended to use, but if your in a pinch it’ll work, for now. Are you investing in a tent? Have you thought about making one? I made my own and your welcome to go check it out in my journal if your interested, located at the bottom of my posts.

:passitleft:

@Juust123 welcome to the site! Good choice in the viparspectra ive heard great things about those lights!

Now, I see your using tin foil for the sides? It’s not recommended to use, but if your in a pinch it’ll work, for now. Are you investing in a tent? Have you thought about making one? I made my own and your welcome to go check it out in my journal if your interested, located at the bottom of my posts.

:passitleft:
I will buy a special tent also so this foil is going to the garbage :D but with those bulbs can i get at least 20 or 30g? These 4 bulb together give me 68w ors i know this is way too low but atm i dont have any other solution
:)

its just a crappy light.
runs hot
doesnt put out alot of par except for directly under it
crappy design and materials made to use it

its really all in your own opinion really, but if you continue in this hobby you will outgrow the light very quickly once you realize its shortcomings.
youd be much better off forking over another 100$ or two and getting something quality that will keep you going for a few years.

viparspectra is not that light.

its just a crappy light.
runs hot
doesnt put out alot of par except for directly under it
crappy design and materials made to use it

its really all in your own opinion really, but if you continue in this hobby you will outgrow the light very quickly once you realize its shortcomings.
youd be much better off forking over another 100$ or two and getting something quality that will keep you going for a few years.

viparspectra is not that light.
Can you offer me aomething better then? :)

Can you offer me aomething better then? :)

Is it better?

:ciao:
Hi Juust123
My first grow was on a tight budget, so I went ahead an purchased the Viparspectra to run with a 400 HPS in a 4x4 tent.
First grow harvest was 1 pound plus an ounce. Second grow the same. My third grow which is now hanging, I used 2 Viparspectras (no HPS) and looks like I will be over the pound mark also. My conclusion, with the right enviroment setup,
you should consistently get over a pound using 2 - Viparspectra's 600 LED.

doesnt matter people are going to float their own boat regardless.

do some research, vipars dont have the red spectrum needed for the same quality buds as a HPS or a 3000 4000 kelvin or lower spectrum light.

theres alot of bullshit online, but one thing you wont find is any serious growers growing with a vipar or crappy blurple.
and if there is they are using the vipars for a veg light, which it actually does well with given the heat and amoun of blue in the light.

if your budget allows it stay away from blurple lights. if you cant afford anything else get one. it will grow plants, it will grow buds. you arent going to get the amount of high quality flower and terpene production under it.

if that was the case, people would just flower with the old school metal halide 6000k and we never would have had the switch over to 3000k leds and HPS lights.

i mean think about it, THERES GOTTA BE A REASON WE USED TO SWITCH TO HPS TO FLOWER RIGHT? instead of start to finish with metal halide

yeah exactly. google cognitive dissonance it will explain why some people say the light sucks, and why some say its great!!

one of the groups of people do not, or cannot, allow their minds to fathom that they were had

if i had the space i would do an honest side by side comparison, and describe the tastes, smells, highs and amount of HIGH QUALITY FLOWERS grown by several different lights. would be nice if someone already did, but most growers that have a good light ARE NOT going to waste their time WITH EVEN ONE HARVEST with a viparspectra

:ciao:
Hi Juust123
My first grow was on a tight budget, so I went ahead an purchased the Viparspectra to run with a 400 HPS in a 4x4 tent.
First grow harvest was 1 pound plus an ounce. Second grow the same. My third grow which is now hanging, I used 2 Viparspectras (no HPS) and looks like I will be over the pound mark also. My conclusion, with the right enviroment setup,
you should consistently get over a pound using 2 - Viparspectra's 600 LED.

if you arent getting the par spread that isnt going to happen.

and we dont count larf in gram totals

Hi Hdinkleman :ciao:
I've never been the technical person, all I wanted to do was to grow using a setup under $800. I did do my research, and I will no doubt down the road upgrade as my grow room gets bigger, but for now, I am happy and my cupboards are stocked with top grade White Widow and AK47. Isn't that all we really want at the end of the day
:thumb:

All that basically matters is PAR or PPFD.
Are the newer diodes such as the Samsung LM301B more efficient at giving you that PAR?
Yes, but the old Blurple lights like the Viparspectra and Mars still work just fine especially for the price.
I've had two Mars Hydro 96s and one Viparspectra 450 for over 3 years and 6 grows and have averaged no less than 8oz of top quality sticky gooey bud per plant on every grow.
That's a total of 600w from the wall for a 2x5 space with 2 plants each grow.

So it really just comes down to funds and what you can afford.
Would I rather have a light based on the newer diodes like a HLG Quantum Board and the various others? Yes
If I were to replace my lights right now I'd build my own from PLC Samsung strips which would cost about $450 for 380 actual watts that would put out about the same PAR as my 3 year old 600w of Blurple lights which also cost $450 total 3+ years ago.
In the long it's cheaper because you're getting the same PAR but burning less Wattage.

But either way you just need about 50w per square foot if you're using older diodes and probably 35 to 40w sq/ft if using newer diodes.

For an off the shelf light the Mars SP-250 looks to be fairly decent for the price.

That guy is very opinionated about that light. That’s the first bad comments I’ve heard about that brand. Then again it’s not everyday I hear someone using them. He is right, do a lil research on lights before you make your final decision. It’s all a matter of opinion if your asking for advice on lights. Best thing is to research all different types of light you can get, narrow it down to that type, then choose a brand from there. Good luck.

That guy is very opinionated about that light. That’s the first bad comments I’ve heard about that brand. Then again it’s not everyday I hear someone using them. He is right, do a lil research on lights before you make your final decision. It’s all a matter of opinion if your asking for advice on lights. Best thing is to research all different types of light you can get, narrow it down to that type, then choose a brand from there. Good luck.

im opinionated about that light because i have owned two of them.

the day i unboxed my hlg the light went off in my head and i felt like a complete fool after reading tons of articles about “best grow light of 2017” “best grow light for beginners “ yada yada.

started to realize also those sites ARE SCAM SITES SETUP BY CHINESE TO SELL THEIR LIGHT. which makes you feel even dumber after buying into the hype and forking over my money to buy it.
also ever wonder why all the youtube videos of “GREAT YIELDS BY VIPARSPECTRA”
are all run by some unknown grower420 or bigbudman420 and they have only 3 videos and they are just glorifying how awesome their bud is? they are online troll accounta sponsored by the light company to scam noobs.

so once again, i will say, the vipar will grow plants, but theres much better newer options out there.

marshydro has a strip type diode light that costs 100$ (and you can get a 10% off from 420 magazine) which will be much better than a 2017 designed viparspectra which at this point is a dinosaur in led light terms.

just think about this, im sure PLENTY OF PEOPLE have an old school tv that weighs 100 lbs, you think i am going to switch from my 4k HDTV back to an ols piece of shit ?

same thing with the lights, why would you buy a dinosaur of a light when you can buy new tech proven to work better for almost the same price?
dunno do whatever, doesnt affect my grow. all im saying is i personally will not reccomend that when there are many better options.

i mean shit you can get a hlg 135 for 160$
you people are seriously gonna tell me you would rather buy a blurple vipar than a hlg FOR THE SAME PRICE?

yeah case closed

Back
Top Bottom