Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Sorta looks like this

420-magazine-mobile1373620377.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1768461576.jpg

pH fluctuations issues.

Thanks for that cuz that's exactly what it looks like. I kept googling nute defs and bug issues and was getting nowhere. My last runoff check was 6.5 and I'm under the impression the soil ph range is 6.2-6.8 so it didn't even cross my mind that that much could've changed and that I should've checked it again. My girl was already talking shit like "i told u ur gonna kill those plants"... I'm glad i can go back and tell her i got the antidote ✊

Just remember, you don't always have to share your harvest with anybody. Growing isn't easy, nor does it get easier, but always check ph as that's 80% of any def you come across.

Use lime juice, as that can get you more spot on without it fluxuating so much. I never used domolite, only lime juice. Here's what I do if I'm feeding, I'll mix my nutes, then check ph. If it's alkaline, I'll use lime to bring it down. If it's acidic, I'll use a bit of General Hydroponics SI to bring it, but not more than 1tbs, which is full strength, to each gal of water.

GH SI is the silica supp right ? Ive heard of it being used as a more beneficial ph up

Master Rookie it looks like you might have splashed it with nutes that evaporated leaving hot salts that left localised burning. Sizz0e told me to take a look wish I could help more. Also the burning between tricams leaves and master rookies is different. If you notice Tricams is focused on leafy part of leaf, MRs looks like it settles or grew from the veins. This is where water could concentrate and pool to become hot enough to leave precipitates that burn. Also MR could be fungal so I'm not even sure no idea sorry.

I know this is my 1st grow but that's not possible sry. I put them in my sink individually and poured as slowly as i could while i bent the tree over to specifically avoid splashing. I'm pretty sure its been diagnosed as ph fluctuations, i saw identical pics of what I'm experiencing. Some of what u see in my pics is also light burn. I made the mistake of going from a t5 to a 600w mh and way too close, u kno, the type of mistakes it only takes once to learn from...... hopefully

Thanks for that cuz that's exactly what it looks like. I kept googling nute defs and bug issues and was getting nowhere. My last runoff check was 6.5 and I'm under the impression the soil ph range is 6.2-6.8 so it didn't even cross my mind that that much could've changed and that I should've checked it again. My girl was already talking shit like "i told u ur gonna kill those plants"... I'm glad i can go back and tell her i got the antidote ✊
Cool, the damage is permanent. As long as you DO NOT get nutrient lockout. The necrosis will continue untill fixed. NOT a problem. It will slow growth a little. So brother fix the cause before we treat a problem or cause more.
Hey tricam, here's my little Mr Incredible, lifting weights. Or delivering something
420-magazine-mobile1327095566.jpg

Just remember, you don't always have to share your harvest with anybody. Growing isn't easy, nor does it get easier, but always check ph as that's 80% of any def you come across.
I would say more towards 90%. They just accidentally fix the cause. By treating a misdiagnosed symtom..

Master Rookie it looks like you might have splashed it with nutes that evaporated leaving hot salts that left localised burning. Sizz0e told me to take a look wish I could help more. Also the burning between tricams leaves and master rookies is different. If you notice Tricams is focused on leafy part of leaf, MRs looks like it settles or grew from the veins. This is where water could concentrate and pool to become hot enough to leave precipitates that burn. Also MR could be fungal so I'm not even sure no idea sorry.
I see what you are saying. It's called pH fluctuations. But, it's also pH stagnate. Not traveling throughout range of required pH. Necrosis can start from leaf tips or veins. It seems to start off as tiny white / light green dots. Looking like bug bites. Some raised some not.

Look at the tricomes, if 80% are cloudy and 20% amber, she's ready. The more cloudy the more of an up high/energetic. More amber is more of a couch lock high. Depends and what you want.

Was wondering if transplanting my plants to their final pots and switching them to mh at the same time would induce stress. They are currently under 200w of cfl in a 2x2 and will be going into a 4x4 1000w. Also I topped them a week ago

Was wondering if transplanting my plants to their final pots and switching them to mh at the same time would induce stress. They are currently under 200w of cfl in a 2x2 and will be going into a 4x4 1000w. Also I topped them a week ago

It's not ideal, but beyond that, I'd say it depends on the media. I've done this before (top feed rock wool) and still took a bountiful harvest.

Edit - Sorry, I misread, I thought you were also starting bloom, but my situation is potting up same day going from Floro to HPS in bloom. I suppose it's the same, but still needed to preface that.

Soil Grow
4 plants, cinderella x 1, laughing buddha x2, freebie gold seed from supplier.
Ph water in is 6.4 and run off 6.2
Temps steady 27.
Humidity around 40%
Flipped to 12/12 about 8 days ago. one 600w HPS
Nutes through veg have been biobizz grow at 1ml per litre.
Now flower started I'm on 2ml bloom and 1ml grow.
Leaves yellowed low down really quick after flipping. Its spreading up the plants, all 4.
Yesterday I fed and added 1 teaspoon of epsom salts to 2 litres of nutrient water.

Did I do the right thing?

Looking unkempt but due a tie down today.

Many warm thank yous in advance.
yellow_num2.jpg
yellow_num1.jpg

What am I seeing all over the flower and the leaves around the flower? Is this the trichomes I need to watch when change colors? Thanks for the help sorry I'm soooo newbe.
420-magazine-mobile721342686.jpg

Yes their the trichromes.. When you look at the trichromes to see if its ready to harvest go by the trichromes on the buds itself not the leafs. The leaf trichromes tend to mature faster it seems.

And as far as your leaves yellowing on the bottom it looks to me like the plant is just doing what it does naturally and using up the nutrients (mainly N)

Back
Top Bottom