Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey folks ✌️
Anybody running DWC and left the plants without an air stone for a period of time?
Knocked my pump out during water change and didn't notice for 24hrs.. plants didn't seem too notice.
Should I expect side effects the next coming days? Or does a DWC hold enough oxygen for about a day?
50L tank, 2x just flowering autos, outdoors.

Can anyone recommend a pot.. 10 gallon for one plant one tent. Plastic? Smart pot? Bags? Really lost

What I have learned is no reservior, basically thats the only "rule" I have seen. Start in a red solo cup with sissor snips at the bottom where the sides meet the bottom I made four, for drainage. I repotted or "up potted" twice so ease of removal for the first two pots is key. This will have to happen in the first three weeks or so, my plants grew very quickly and you dont want them root bound it causes problems. I would say a week in the cup, two weeks in a medium size pot then on to the final pot. Keep in mind with the middle pot the fact that you need to get the root ball out and in the next pot like it is a newborn baby. Trauma to the roots causes problems. The final pot is really just personal choice I suppose. For my next grow I am thinkin maybe a large square pot to maximize space. Square space square pot. Keep in mind fastening points for training your baby, lst= low stress training. I came up with a very simple way for mine with cheap stuff. They get heavy and flushing out the roots a few times during growth gets better results so stay in the range of what you can safetly move.DO NOT USE MIRACAL GRO POTTING SOIL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best sterile professional potting soil you can get. Starting everything right is halfway to buds.google every question you have and ask here about ANYTHING. Pictures of plant, grow evironment, lights, everything to do with your grow when askin questions is key. I put alot of my little tricks I came up with on here. You get the first pic of today.

Depend on what you're looking for. If you're lazy and don't like to water I would get myself an autopot system with a tank. Or if you prefer to hand water or are planning to do drip irrigation, airpots are fantastic. I use them for mother-plants for long term healthy roots and I recently also used them in a very experimental cloning method.
This will be my second grow super new.. growing in ffof soil with blue dream seed from 420. Some just recommended I run one plant in a 10 gallon pot for the tent I have

What I have learned is no reservior, basically thats the only "rule" I have seen. Start in a red solo cup with sissor snips at the bottom where the sides meet the bottom I made four, for drainage. I repotted or "up potted" twice so ease of removal for the first two pots is key. This will have to happen in the first three weeks or so, my plants grew very quickly and you dont want them root bound it causes problems. I would say a week in the cup, two weeks in a medium size pot then on to the final pot. Keep in mind with the middle pot the fact that you need to get the root ball out and in the next pot like it is a newborn baby. Trauma to the roots causes problems. The final pot is really just personal choice I suppose. For my next grow I am thinkin maybe a large square pot to maximize space. Square space square pot. Keep in mind fastening points for training your baby, lst= low stress training. I came up with a very simple way for mine with cheap stuff. They get heavy and flushing out the roots a few times during growth gets better results so stay in the range of what you can safetly move.DO NOT USE MIRACAL GRO POTTING SOIL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best sterile professional potting soil you can get. Starting everything right is halfway to buds.google every question you have and ask here about ANYTHING. Pictures of plant, grow evironment, lights, everything to do with your grow when askin questions is key. I put alot of my little tricks I came up with on here. You get the first pic of today.
420-magazine-mobile1101770423.jpg
ok so that's my grow tent 2 x 2 x 4 when she is finished in about 3 to 4 weeks I wanted to put 2 blue dreams in put some recommended 1 plant in a 10 gallon pot just not sure what pot to use

This will be my second grow super new.. growing in ffof soil with blue dream seed from 420. Some just recommended I run one plant in a 10 gallon pot for the tent I have

This is my first time and to be honest I made a lot of mistakes from the start and alot of times It reminds me of that when I share stuff I have picked up along the way, I wish you could smell this.
420-magazine-mobile1146007406.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1163546952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile889126823.jpg

I use 7 gal pots now in my bloom rooms, but also have some 5.4 gal air pots that I'm looking to use again. I suppose the size of plants you have coming out of veg will determine the size of your final pots, and also medium and feed schedule would also be a factor. Just as long as the roots are footed/anchored in enough grow medium to support the entire canopy and have access to enough nutrients and water you'll be good.

This is my first time and to be honest I made a lot of mistakes from the start and alot of times It reminds me of that when I share stuff I have picked up along the way, I wish you could smell this.
420-magazine-mobile1146007406.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1163546952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile889126823.jpg
That is a beautiful setup. I hope to one soon have the space and money to do more.. this has been such a awesome new experience and hobby for me

That is a beautiful setup. I hope to one soon have the space and money to do more.. this has been such a awesome new experience and hobby for me

Bud I walked into a sterile room with heat ac ventilation and a window, a reflective enclosure with a drain and water. All I did was hang some lights. My wife wants the big bathroom back but I have a smaller one just like it but no window I am movin to.

Bud I walked into a sterile room with heat ac ventilation and a window, a reflective enclosure with a drain and water. All I did was hang some lights. My wife wants the big bathroom back but I have a smaller one just like it but no window I am movin to.

Very remote location, spring water no kids no visitors

Here's my autopot system. 8 pots connected to a 225 liter water reservoir. I have to fill the tank about every 3-5 weeks, depending on which stage the plants are in

0052759.jpg

Current status of this grow:
canopy68.jpg

Here is my tent for mother-plants and the occasional tomato. Here I use airpots because they can survive much longer in them before they get root bound and you also get away with using smaller pots than if you use regular pots. The ones I use for mother-plants are 6 liter. The ones I use for seeds and rooted clones are 1 liter. The ones I use for cloning (experiment being performed right now) are modified 1 liter pots. The modification is about 40% lower and contains about 0,75 liter - See photo below

widow_03.jpg

aircloner_-_samsung_-_inside.jpg

Big-Bud - Mother in vegg for 153 days

Pure Power Plant - Mother in vegg for 153 days
White Widow - Mother in bloom for 25 days
Bubbleicious - Mother in bloom for 25 days

air-clone_01.jpg

Modified airpot

How's the auto pot system work? Is this your first run with it? I've seen it at the local grow shop, does the plant bottom feed from the base and the res fills the base when needed? I want a new set up for coco / reservoir, but I keep ending up back at run-to-waste, which doesn't seem to be the most efficient method for coco.. unless I want to recycle run off, but im not sure on that either..
looking great Dev!

Composting Question;

I'm a hydro grower and find that all the defoliation and trimming I do leaves me with a good amount of waste material that I'd like to compost and reuse next year in a veggie garden. I've read in passing that Canna leaves are a great source of nutrients, but just never devoted much time to further research some good methods for doing this. Does anyone have experience with composting canna byproducts, or have a link to a well known recipe/process?

I did see people do it and it works well for them. They grind it up and mix it with the compost I believe. I think one of them grind them up and mix it with the soil as well. But not 100% certain about that - Sadly I don't have a recipe

Composting Question;

I'm a hydro grower and find that all the defoliation and trimming I do leaves me with a good amount of waste material that I'd like to compost and reuse next year in a veggie garden. I've read in passing that Canna leaves are a great source of nutrients, but just never devoted much time to further research some good methods for doing this. Does anyone have experience with composting canna byproducts, or have a link to a well known recipe/process?

I did several runs with it. It's gravity fed. No mechanical parts that can break. It's as good as idiot-proof. You can't go wrong in autopot. The plants bottom feed. There is a "device" inside the bottom tray that opens and allows the plant drink as much as it wants. But only when it wants. Not quite sure how that works, but it does work very well

How's the auto pot system work? Is this your first run with it? I've seen it at the local grow shop, does the plant bottom feed from the base and the res fills the base when needed? I want a new set up for coco / reservoir, but I keep ending up back at run-to-waste, which doesn't seem to be the most efficient method for coco.. unless I want to recycle run off, but im not sure on that either..
looking great Dev!

oh - There's no waste in autopot. The plants get to use it all. Very economic

Here's an explanation of the auto-feed system in autopot. It's a flood and drain system sort of

[video=youtube;K1Dn-1V8Za4]
[/video]

Here's an explanation of the auto-feed system in autopot. It's a flood and drain system sort of

[video=youtube;K1Dn-1V8Za4]
[/video]

Okay cool, that's awesome! Thanks mate, sitting here thinking of ways it might work, would have never imagined that being inside the pot! Will definitely look into it more .

Back
Top Bottom