Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Mars Pro II grown bud :)

buds_0037.jpg
If that's the result of a Mars Hydro 300 I'm sending mine back tomorrow .

Mars Pro II grown bud :)

buds_0037.jpg

That's very encouraging. I've only just got it to cover winter grows, it's still in it's packaging, the Mrs treated me to an early birthday. I've heard great things about Mars Hydro lights so can't wait to crack on with it. I got confused by that guys spindly plant under the LED. I didn't realise he started with weak lighting and the Mars Hydro wasn't responsible. Good to see it produces well, thanks.

How much epsom salt do i use??

I only use lower than recommended doses as it's strong stuff. I generally add 2 tea spoons to 1 gallon of water and water in normally. I only do this as my canna nutrients don't contain magnesium or calcium so I have to add it. I'd rather use calmag but I can't get the proper calmag in the uk just crap imitations so I use Epsom salts, it's pure magnesium sulphate so it gives your plant sulphur as well which it does use.

I'm very excited already. The dark clouds are moving away.

Hey the dark clouds make us better growers in the long term, embrace the darkness and you'll see the light. It's taken me years of mistakes to get to a respectable standard of growing and even know I'm learning everyday. It all helps us master our art form .

Nice looking outdoor plant. I have three outdoor Master Kush girls around 3.5 feet tall and budding up nicely, always nice to see another outdoor plant growing tall.

For sure KG. But her sisters are in that garden as well. They stand at 7-8 feet. It was a mistake and will never let them get that high. I topped both at 6' but they were still well into veg and with sativa's they stretch...LOL. I have them at this current height and are finally in flower. The only stretch they'll get is buddage...LOL. And my early gurl. She's going on 5 weeks into bloom and is standing at about 4-5' as well.

Hey the dark clouds make us better growers in the long term, embrace the darkness and you'll see the light. It's taken me years of mistakes to get to a respectable standard of growing and even know I'm learning everyday. It all helps us master our art form .
That is very true. easy to learn something new everyday when you have a website like this also. so many people willing to help out complete strangers it's awesome

Anyone know where to get a pH reader in a pinch on a Sunday? My hydro shop isn't open again until Monday and my pH reader is giving inaccurate readings tonight. I'm afraid to water the girls when I can't balance pH.

Hi Stinky Snid

First time grower and poster here, reposting from a DWC thread.

I'm running two Blue Widow DWCs and am currently around week 7 of flower. About a week ago one of my ladies started showing rusty spots along the edges of the uppermost leaves, which I suspected was a Ca-. I started feeding EHG Micro which contains trace elements which were missing from the Bloom blend i was using, but it seems my TDS and pH remain unchanged even though the water level is dropping. Buds are growing very slowly, not fattening up and the spotting on the leaves is getting worse. I suspect nutrient lockout.

I am currently flushing them with plain pH'd water (pH=5.7) and was thinking after two or three days I'll start them on a mild nute feed again.

I realize they're pretty late into the flowering stage but I was hoping to just let them keep going so they fatten up a bit more.

Any advice on what's going on and what I should do would be appreciated as I'd hate to lose this grow after all this time and effort!

Parameters:
24"x24"x48" grow tent
300W LED infra full spectrum at 12/12
2x5l bubble buckets
pH=5.7
TDS=500PPM
Water temp=17 degrees Celsius
Ambient temp=20 degrees Celsius
Humidity=70%
Currently at week 7 of flower but due to earlier nute burn during veg and other issues I feel that they're a little bit delayed. Any help or reassurance would be appreciated!! Thank you .
420-magazine-mobile1043789513.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1326004906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1746422063.jpg

20840107_812987218861324_510476519_o.jpg
My intentions are not to barge in on this thread but hey its the only place where I can show what i grow (grow journals I know but never had any answers )so here are a pic of some of the first tiny buds i took out from my white widow

I've been making ISO oil for years with trim an it always turns out amazing... but as Iam always looking to improve the quality an potency of my products I was wondering if decarb'n my weed before the soak if it would benifit my oil. I understand the idea behind decarb an it seems like it "should" work in my favour but would like to have other opinions pls.
Anyone have experience doing this for ISO oil ?

What are some easy strains to start with??Ones that are easy to get a big yeild from

if ye have to believe the seedbanks all strains are big yielders ... i will now try to answer your question using common sense and a little experience ...

in terms of easiness autos are fairly easy but amongst this broad category there are some that are more sturdy and forgiving for mistakes then others... i would base my choice on some factors like resilience against diseases, sensitivity to nutrients (some burn easely others guzzle nutrients like its clear water) , size (3m sativas in a tent ... hmm not really easy if ye ask me), sog or scrog suitability ...

now to talk about yield .... in my opinion almost all big yielders are indica dominant or close to the 50/50 range

good choices are:

white widow: 50/50 , big eater , big yielder , fairly resistant to fungi and other diseases
strains with a big part of afghani, kush or skunk ancestry they tend to grow bushy and yield monster colas
my two last grows were a Blue Dream Auto and a Purple Kush Auto both yielded me 3 Oz each i didnt train or topped them and with both i had issues with nutrients but still they gave 3oz ... so if you like a more sativa hybrid Blue dream is a good choice and i also believe that Amnesia family is a kick ass yielder with high strength potency .. in Europe its amongst the most popular strains ever alongside White Widow

Personally i would stay far away from any strains that have Dwarf, (Low)Ryder or Fast-Little-Easy in their name

there is no one strain that is "the one" ... i mean there is but it is different for each grower ... all i can give is some general advise, most seedbanks have some kind of search engine that lets you hilight certain desired treats which can help you choose.

my 2c

Plant is two weeks into flower, shes started to yellow, only one out of a dozen or so. Her soil PH was tested today at 7.16. If I add something to bring the PH down do you think it will help this plant this far into flower?

Also what is a rapidly working PH down that will not compromise my organic regimen?

Back
Top Bottom