Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

The Plant!t pH meter is cheap, waterproof and quite responsive. I like it so far

Ive got a cheap $20. meter and it sucks. Ive got a $60. MH meter and it kinda sucks. I got a $100. blue lab meter and its awesome!!!! much worth the expense.

They really hate it. And they don't get immune against it either. It will kill them every time. Cool it worked for you!

Golden info. Im experimenting with it. I applied some on a few plants a month off with a paint brush. Im going to get a bulb thing you suck out babys buggers with for application. The mites dont like the D.Earth I can see. Great day 420. Lets get high!!! Happy Sunday!!!
:passitleft:

Hmmm - Used shitloads of DE on the soil surface. Hope the pH thing ain't true

All I know is my piss kills my lawn. My dogs piss kills the lawn. I wouldent piss on anything you want to live. Same with the fish water. My plant dident like the old fish bowel water when I did it.
Yeah too strong. But apparently diluting it work pretty well. I dunno I think I'll stick with my AN lol.... people are funny there are things I'm happy to be cheap about, but light and nutes are not those things.

Hope all is well Dutch.

-dabber

Yeah too strong. But apparently diluting it work pretty well. I dunno I think I'll stick with my AN lol.... people are funny there are things I'm happy to be cheap about, but light and nutes are not those things.

Hope all is well Dutch.

-dabber
I agree lol or just don't piss in it lol remember " pee is no good for weed" jk lol

Hey guys I grow indoors in 35gallon pots normally. At the moment I pulled my 50gallon outdoors in. There monsters. My problem is the water running out the bottoms. I dont wanna rot my floor out. Any tips on how to prevent this? Something I could use to protect the floors. Thanks!!

Local hydro stores will usually carry run off trays, place the pot on them and it'll collect all the run off for you, then just dispose of the excess water, this way your pots aren't sitting in a pool of water either

Ph testing - runoff test vs slurry test

I'd just recently been advised of slurry testing, never seen any mention of it here until just recently. Wondering if there's a specific reason that almost everyone advises to use runoff test vs slurry test?

The best thing about the $100. blue lab pen is it calibrates fast. The others are very slow. I also trust its reading more. I use two at a time, the $60. and the $100. Ive gotten quite better at PHing. Im not sure if all methods need to be PH'd but it would be good to see where your at. Some people say dont Ph until you see a PH problem. With F.Farm or any artificial nutes you have to. At least thats what the directions say.
The D.Earth, Im looking at the plants still 3-4 weeks off I dusted and Im thinking not the greatest in flower. Stuff sticks pretty good. I can see in veg. Im guessing the D.Earth is abrasive to the bug. Chews them up like theyre crawling through sandpaper?? I need to do my tent.
The tent Ive got training by tieing them down but Im thinking to let them loose so they can veg taller?? Theyre are multiple tops spread out. Im just learning about training. I need to pull all the wires off and D.Earth em. Its on its way though!!! Flip in a month at latest. Was originally Oct 1 but I dont think so. I want them 2.0-2.5' tall.
I harvested the top buds of my Banana Og yesterday. Washed em and hung em. I love the smell in the house! Great Day 420!
20170923_115301.jpg
20170924_124904.jpg

Hey guys I grow indoors in 35gallon pots normally. At the moment I pulled my 50gallon outdoors in. There monsters. My problem is the water running out the bottoms. I dont wanna rot my floor out. Any tips on how to prevent this? Something I could use to protect the floors. Thanks!!

When I went to set up my tent, protecting the house was the most important factor. I tarped the hard wood floor (glad I did). I got a pan for the tent. The high humidity you need for veg I can keep lot of water in the pan but not flower so I water less with less run off. Im trying to calculate how much is needed this year for each stage. All I need is the fluid to run through the pot. How do I get all the excess water from the pan in flower??? Dude at the grow shop said a wetvac. Nice! Not needed it yet. Better than mopping with a sponge. Last tent grow I had 3 gal plastic pots and I got plastic catch pans from the dollar store to catch the xtra water in flower and it workd great. Hard to lift but worked. My 5 gal air pots are to big to lift and the dollar store pans are to small so Im trying to control runoff by amount given.. Im not sure how you got a 50 gal pot in the house?? Full of dirt and a plant too?? Protect your house!!!! Im glad Im not running water strait on the tents floor. Im protecting my tent too. Find something, a plastic kiddie pool from Walmart.

The best thing about the $100. blue lab pen is it calibrates fast. The others are very slow. I also trust its reading more. I use two at a time, the $60. and the $100. Ive gotten quite better at PHing. Im not sure if all methods need to be PH'd but it would be good to see where your at. Some people say dont Ph until you see a PH problem. With F.Farm or any artificial nutes you have to. At least thats what the directions say.
The D.Earth, Im looking at the plants still 3-4 weeks off I dusted and Im thinking not the greatest in flower. Stuff sticks pretty good. I can see in veg. Im guessing the D.Earth is abrasive to the bug. Chews them up like theyre crawling through sandpaper?? I need to do my tent.
The tent Ive got training by tieing them down but Im thinking to let them loose so they can veg taller?? Theyre are multiple tops spread out. Im just learning about training. I need to pull all the wires off and D.Earth em. Its on its way though!!! Flip in a month at latest. Was originally Oct 1 but I dont think so. I want them 2.0-2.5' tall.
I harvested the top buds of my Banana Og yesterday. Washed em and hung em. I love the smell in the house! Great Day 420!
20170923_115301.jpg
20170924_124904.jpg

I PH and test everything that goes in and comes out(all a learning experience for 1st grow), but I'd never heard of the slurry test until recently, wondering why that is, why people only ever mention to test runoff. Trying to figure out which is the most accurate or reliable

God O Pot, that Im not sure of but the dude at the grow shop said with Fox farm quit being so complicated. He said all will be whacky, both slurry and runoff because its salt based and part artificial. Ive got very hard 8.0 well water here. I got a plant in the tent right now with some spotty leaf going that I need to mess with. Im thinking I dident stir my last water/cal mag mix well maybe? Dude said with FF just make sure its 6.5 going in. I can not believe how much better FF has been the last two years using it by their schedule. Its hard to go anywhere else at this stage. Im also thinking the Gold fish I put in the hole helped too. maybe some fish in the tent??
Some of the stuff I write is so I can hear it to, trust me. Great Day!!

Lol no worries!

I only ask because I get 2 different results, but there's 1 commonality.

Runoff test = ph water going in 5.7, run off water 5.4

Slurry test = ph water 7.0 + equal medium, result = 6.7

So both drop the waters ph by .3, but which is the accurate ph of my medium?

I use tap water, let it sit for about 48hrs with air stones in it, ph =8.02-8.2, ppm = 220-240
I'm considering getting an r/o system, but that won't be anytime during this grow

When I went to set up my tent, protecting the house was the most important factor. I tarped the hard wood floor (glad I did). I got a pan for the tent. The high humidity you need for veg I can keep lot of water in the pan but not flower so I water less with less run off. Im trying to calculate how much is needed this year for each stage. All I need is the fluid to run through the pot. How do I get all the excess water from the pan in flower??? Dude at the grow shop said a wetvac. Nice! Not needed it yet. Better than mopping with a sponge. Last tent grow I had 3 gal plastic pots and I got plastic catch pans from the dollar store to catch the xtra water in flower and it workd great. Hard to lift but worked. My 5 gal air pots are to big to lift and the dollar store pans are to small so Im trying to control runoff by amount given.. Im not sure how you got a 50 gal pot in the house?? Full of dirt and a plant too?? Protect your house!!!! Im glad Im not running water strait on the tents floor. Im protecting my tent too. Find something, a plastic kiddie pool from Walmart.
i made a tray of 2 x 4s and a plywood bottom to sit in the bottom of my tent. I lined it with a pond liner. Then under one side I screwed on a half inch strip of wood so the floor slightly slopes to the front of the tent. Then i got 9 milk crates and cut them down to 3" tall on 3 sid3s and 3 1/8 on the other. flip them over and place the 3 1/8 side on the downhill side of the slope to keep the top level. All water drains out of the smart pots and through the milk crates to the front of the tray underneath. I then vacuum it with my wet n dry shop vac. It gets 99% of the water and I turn the ventilation up for a day after watering and the humidity drops from 70ish back to 53ish. It works beautifully and saves my back alot of pain. Powerclean the vacuum first so your runoff isnt contaminated. Use it in your garden/houseplants.

Hey guys so I'm having some worries about my plant
420-magazine-mobile1236053419.jpg
what does this mean if the pistols are turning brown/ Black is that a bad thing . This is the first time I've ever had this problem. Rn I have a touch of nut burn but I've never seen that in any of my previous plants . When I look it up on google it just comes up as flowering pistols and this is about week 5 of veg so I'm def not flowering

420-magazine-mobile559375836.jpg
i have one that's brown(pic above ) and one that's yellow and so far I don't see any female pre flowers should I wait for them to show before switching to flower or flower when I'm ready

Flower when you're ready, not all plants will show, right now 3/4 of my plants showed preflowers 2 weeks ago and 1 still hasn't
I don't think those are pistils though, you'll know it's a pistil for sure when you see it

Flower when you're ready, not all plants will show, right now 3/4 of my plants showed preflowers 2 weeks ago and 1 still hasn't
I don't think those are pistils though, you'll know it's a pistil for sure when you see it

Are you saying that I shouldn't be worried about that brown pistol when should I see the two clear points start sticking out

Back
Top Bottom