Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Good evening folks.

One of my girls, Lucy, is getting quite long. In the process, she has developed a lot of small bud sites rather than the 4 mains that i was developing.

Are these what grow into popcorn buds? In your opinions, should i be making an effort to reduce them? Trim them?

420-magazine-mobile1590305940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1218399524.jpg

The buds near the top of the cola will continue to grow and try to reach up to the top cola. The lower buds will be covered by fan leaves which will slow development of them causing them to be small "popcorn buds". It's up to you to train, leaf tuck or trim to allow for more light exposure so they continue to develop. The lowest buds will most likely remain small and can be removed so the plant concentrates more of its energy toward the rest of the plant. Some people leave them, others get rid of them. Personal preference IMO.

Good luck. :thumb:

The buds near the top of the cola will continue to grow and try to reach up to the top cola. The lower buds will be covered by fan leaves which will slow development of them causing them to be small "popcorn buds". It's up to you to train, leaf tuck or trim to allow for more light exposure so they continue to develop. The lowest buds will most likely remain small and can be removed so the plant concentrates more of its energy toward the rest of the plant. Some people leave them, others get rid of them. Personal preference IMO.

Good luck. :thumb:

Thanks for the input. I think I'll be getting that extra scoop as planned and trim off the little buds at the nodes and below the fan leaves. I'll also trim some of the fan leaves to open her up a little.

I stopped training when i hit flower because i was worried about stunting them. Figured I'd just let them go at this point, but i think i need to add a little training back in.

Again thanks for your help, I've purchased the advanced formula big bud nutrients. . I read allot of reviews on nutrients, the Fox farms and this big bud nutrients were the top rated 2. Im gonna start mine next Monday. The temps will be cool and my room should be down in the low 80s finally. My humidity runs between 55 and 60. I hope to have all my problems corrected by Monday
Im sure Advanced is as good as Fox Farm. Go by their schedule and go 70% of whats recommended. Ive noticed its the FF powders that do the trick. The flower powders. This yard grow I stuck a bait fish in the pot and I just added a fish to the laundry room veg grow. Im using salt water anchovies this time and wanted to test it before I added salt water fish to the mix. All is well. So Im adding some anchovies to the tent at flip. The Mendo dope boys on utube put a fish head in at flower. So thats my regiment....FF and some fish. With the fish Im putting way less Grow Big (nitrogen). I need to research all this. Im kinda using theory but thats not always correct with me :). With the fish I figure Im organic!
In Vegas I know you run a house's A/C. If you keep the house at 75 deg all should be well?? When I was working there I wonderd about outdoors and how it would do in the heat?? Im guessing HPS's run way hotter than LED. But I was surprised with the heat from my T5's. You couldent do HPS in Vegas. When my houses temp stays under 75 deg. all is well for me. Get good with the Advanced nutes and go on from there.
My humidity is always low, 30% avg??? It seems to work ok in Veg and perfect for flower. I put more water in the pan in veg and in flower I barely let it run through the pot. Id imagine Vegas is dry. I moved to Vegas from Hawaii and couldent believe how quick my weed dried out compared. couldent leave a bud on the night stand like Hawaii. Great Day!

Wow yesterday I asked a question about excessive darkness,well I checked today and the plant grew 2 inches and now is just 12 inches away from me led 600. I supercroped the lower branches, but what to do with the main top stem. Do I scrog it or is it safe to supercrop it also.

Hey guys , i got some helpful info from this forum earlier , and im hoping I can get more help now..

Im currently growing 5 autoflowers in a tent with a 400W HPS , im in week 9 at the moment.
BUT apparently one of my 'autoflower' seeds , was not auto.. ive talked to the seed bank and realized that they sent me wrong seeds (shit happens) , so right now i have 4 auto plants that will be finnish in a couple of weeks , and one photo plant that has been in veg for 9 weeks , and wow is she getting big now.. so , i have to switch time cycle to 12/12 for her to go inte flowering , and my questions is.. how much will this affect the grow on my autos?

I also have 4 other autos in veg (week 3 now) that will enter the big tent with 400W HPS soon..
I know autos can grow under any time cycle , but ive read that if u put them under 12/12 they will stretch under the long night.

This is my second grow ever , this was supposed to be the last autoflower grow , and then try photoperiod , but.. here I am with my problem

I hope someone has had the same issue and can help me do whats best for the plants

MUCH LOVE / STAY BLESSED / STAY TRUE

I say flip and run with it.

Hellllp! I am new to this place and can't find the info I know is here somewhere!! I need to harvest tonight and wash my buds. WHERE is the recipe or procedure preferred for bud washing? I keep getting directed to the same giant thread about bud washing and don't have time to go through hundreds of posts, gotta get going NOW! Please?

Utube bud washing. You want two rinses. 1/4 cup baking soda 1/4 cup lemon juice to 5 gal water. 2 qt. H202 to 5 gal water then rinse twice.

Good evening folks.

One of my girls, Lucy, is getting quite long. In the process, she has developed a lot of small bud sites rather than the 4 mains that i was developing.

Are these what grow into popcorn buds? In your opinions, should i be making an effort to reduce them? Trim them?

420-magazine-mobile1590305940.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1218399524.jpg

Ive come to find that thinning the plant weekly is best. All the lower buds that wont amount to much pull em. All the shit lower branches, pull em. All the shit branches blocking big nice branches, pull em. All the BIG leafs blocking, pull em. I was told to look down from the top of the plant and pull all thats blocking the good bud sites. Those pop corns on top will grow into one big bud depending on strain. Nice plant structure you got going!!

Wow yesterday I asked a question about excessive darkness,well I checked today and the plant grew 2 inches and now is just 12 inches away from me led 600. I supercroped the lower branches, but what to do with the main top stem. Do I scrog it or is it safe to supercrop it also.

They want to sleep. 18/6 is way better than 24/7. Just like people they grow in their sleep. Let the main stem grow.

Power was off till late last night. They had a16hr of darkness. But it grew like a weed,lol. It couldn't be helped.

You can change the light schedule if done correctly. It takes 4-5 days of the change to effect the plant. So if you lose power for 2 days all is well but after 4 days it will change. You can change the 12 hrs from during the day to night but once you change the amount of light given is what changes the plant.

Back
Top Bottom