Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Any chance pistils might pop out of these or.. male?

420-magazine-mobile1073692904.jpg
420-magazine-mobile252293531.jpg

Wait till its obvious. But looks male

5 days into flower. Don't know anything about indoor growing. Am I on progress?
420-magazine-mobile1474770503.jpg

Looks great. The pics a lil close up but looks great. My first tent grow someone said to open my doors for cooling. I thought about bugs? But I open it as needed for heat. Im not sure if your LED but if I was indoors in Vegas I would be LED for heat issues.
Get a scope and get use to using it. Scope all the bad leafs.
I lived/worked in Vegas for a year. Tiled the East Career Technical center for the CCSD. Tile everywhere!!!! It was 10yrs go. Worst economics in Vegas's history. First year more people left than came. Most money I ever made! God Bless BAC Local 13! (Although that job was nonunion)
Great Day TMT, lets get HIGH!!
:passitleft:

Looks great. The pics a lil close up but looks great. My first tent grow someone said to open my doors for cooling. I thought about bugs? But I open it as needed for heat. Im not sure if your LED but if I was indoors in Vegas I would be LED for heat issues.
Get a scope and get use to using it. Scope all the bad leafs.
I lived/worked in Vegas for a year. Tiled the East Career Technical center for the CCSD. Tile everywhere!!!! It was 10yrs go. Worst economics in Vegas's history. First year more people left than came. Most money I ever made! God Bless BAC Local 13! (Although that job was nonunion)
Great Day TMT, lets get HIGH!!
:passitleft:
Thanks so much for your information and comments. I do use a 600w led light in a 2x4x5 tent. I run a mounted 12 inch fam plus 3 other fans but it still runs 90 degrees during my light cycle. Sunday it supposed to be in the 70s here. Ok Friday 1 week since I started flowering. I feeding rvrry 4 days, what week do I start my bud nutrients?.

Thanks so much for your information and comments. I do use a 600w led light in a 2x4x5 tent. I run a mounted 12 inch fam plus 3 other fans but it still runs 90 degrees during my light cycle. Sunday it supposed to be in the 70s here. Ok Friday 1 week since I started flowering. I feeding rvrry 4 days, what week do I start my bud nutrients?.

This is another reason I go Fox Farm by its schedule. You need to adjust your grow so your not so hot in flower. Start later? My off window is from 1st of May till mid Oct for HPS's looks like. T'5s the rest of the time but thats when I shut down too. Im just perfecting the craft. Last years Aug power bill was $350. this years was $85. Although Sept. was just $135. It should level there. Last Aug I was throwing all at them to keep them cool.
With Fox Farm i get big dense VERY potent buds now I follow the schedule.

This is another reason I go Fox Farm by its schedule. You need to adjust your grow so your not so hot in flower. Start later? My off window is from 1st of May till mid Oct for HPS's looks like. T'5s the rest of the time but thats when I shut down too. Im just perfecting the craft. Last years Aug power bill was $350. this years was $85. Although Sept. was just $135. It should level there. Last Aug I was throwing all at them to keep them cool.
With Fox Farm i get big dense VERY potent buds now I follow the schedule.
Again thanks for your help, I've purchased the advanced formula big bud nutrients. . I read allot of reviews on nutrients, the Fox farms and this big bud nutrients were the top rated 2. Im gonna start mine next Monday. The temps will be cool and my room should be down in the low 80s finally. My humidity runs between 55 and 60. I hope to have all my problems corrected by Monday

Now I have a question about water chillers.. And what the best option would be if you don't have one. Should I start making r.o. phed ice cubes..lol I thought about setting up a res. That pumps ice bucket of water through a copper pipe ill run through my buckets..copper pipe gets to be the same temp as water running through it and bam. Cooling off the water temps.. But there has to be an easier way?
I once saw a reservoir that was cooled with a bunch of hmmm. I would guess those computer fans they also use in LED lights to cool them down.

Have no clue if it was working or how well. I just remembered it when I read your post. Sounds simple enough if it actually works. Guess you would need quite a few to chill a large reservoir.

You could look into it. They're probably very cheap.

Something like this. Think they are meant to chill aquariums

420-magazine-mobile1260504019.jpg

What comes after COB?

Will LED technology continue to evolve at this rate or will it at some point reach a point where it can't get more efficient?

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this one

We hear a lot about 3 watt diodes, 5 watt diodes and cob.

But why don't we hear much about SMD? Their advantage is that it can do the full spectrum with one chip.

I Wonder where LED grow lights will be in 10 years.

Here's some info on SMD if you didn't hear about it.

SMD chips have been a very important development for the LED industry because of the ability to put 3 diodes on the same chip. When a chip includes a red, green, and blue diode, you have a chip that can create any color you want by adjusting the level of output from each individual diode on the chip. Because they are very bright and can change colors, these chips are used extensively for LED strip lights and light bulbs. SMD LED chips come in a wide variety of sizes, the most common of which are SMD 3528 and SMD 5050S.--SMD 3528-chips are only 3.5mm wide, and-SMD 5050-chips are 5 mm wide. -SMD LEDs can also be made much smaller than the 3528 and 5050 chips. Some of these chips are made very small, to go in high end electronics such as cell phones and laptop computers as indicator lights. Any cell phone you see that has a little light that stays on after the screen turns off is powered by a small SMD LED.

-

SMD chips that we see in light bulbs and strip lights will typically produce between 4 to 5 lumens per diode on a chip (such as a 3528, single diode chip). These chips will typically run at either 12v or 24v, with 12v being the most common. Individually these chips can pull between 0.05w to 0.08w (single diode, 3528) up to between 0.15w to .24w (three diode, 5050). This means these chips can produce between 50 and 100 lumens per watt depending on the particular chip.

What comes after COB?

Will LED technology continue to evolve at this rate or will it at some point reach a point where it can't get more efficient?

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this one

We hear a lot about 3 watt diodes, 5 watt diodes and cob.

But why don't we hear much about SMD? Their advantage is that it can do the full spectrum with one chip.

I Wonder where LED grow lights will be in 10 years.

Here's some info on SMD if you didn't hear about it.

SMD chips have been a very important development for the LED industry because of the ability to put 3 diodes on the same chip. When a chip includes a red, green, and blue diode, you have a chip that can create any color you want by adjusting the level of output from each individual diode on the chip. Because they are very bright and can change colors, these chips are used extensively for LED strip lights and light bulbs. SMD LED chips come in a wide variety of sizes, the most common of which are SMD 3528 and SMD 5050S.--SMD 3528-chips are only 3.5mm wide, and-SMD 5050-chips are 5 mm wide. -SMD LEDs can also be made much smaller than the 3528 and 5050 chips. Some of these chips are made very small, to go in high end electronics such as cell phones and laptop computers as indicator lights. Any cell phone you see that has a little light that stays on after the screen turns off is powered by a small SMD LED.

-

SMD chips that we see in light bulbs and strip lights will typically produce between 4 to 5 lumens per diode on a chip (such as a 3528, single diode chip). These chips will typically run at either 12v or 24v, with 12v being the most common. Individually these chips can pull between 0.05w to 0.08w (single diode, 3528) up to between 0.15w to .24w (three diode, 5050). This means these chips can produce between 50 and 100 lumens per watt depending on the particular chip.
Sweet well shit that sounds very interesting have u used those type of lights b4 also do they run hotter then cobs i jus got 2 new cob lights both a 1000w from amazon one is like a blurple color and the other is more reddish and so far I notice the redder one works way better in my veg area since it gets hotter then the blurple 1 the blurple one is a crxsunny 1000w n i put it in my flower tent n so far seems to be working out great

Also on another note does any1 know how 2 save pollen and can i store it in a see threw orange pill bottle to use at a later date and does light affect it??

Hey guys , i got some helpful info from this forum earlier , and im hoping I can get more help now..

Im currently growing 5 autoflowers in a tent with a 400W HPS , im in week 9 at the moment.
BUT apparently one of my 'autoflower' seeds , was not auto.. ive talked to the seed bank and realized that they sent me wrong seeds (shit happens) , so right now i have 4 auto plants that will be finnish in a couple of weeks , and one photo plant that has been in veg for 9 weeks , and wow is she getting big now.. so , i have to switch time cycle to 12/12 for her to go inte flowering , and my questions is.. how much will this affect the grow on my autos?

I also have 4 other autos in veg (week 3 now) that will enter the big tent with 400W HPS soon..
I know autos can grow under any time cycle , but ive read that if u put them under 12/12 they will stretch under the long night.

This is my second grow ever , this was supposed to be the last autoflower grow , and then try photoperiod , but.. here I am with my problem

I hope someone has had the same issue and can help me do whats best for the plants

MUCH LOVE / STAY BLESSED / STAY TRUE

Ok next dumb question, my light are do to come on in about 1.5 hours. My power is off abbr week be off about 6hours. That's a 16 hour nap. Am I ok or screwed in the ground

Hellllp! I am new to this place and can't find the info I know is here somewhere!! I need to harvest tonight and wash my buds. WHERE is the recipe or procedure preferred for bud washing? I keep getting directed to the same giant thread about bud washing and don't have time to go through hundreds of posts, gotta get going NOW! Please?

Hellllp! I am new to this place and can't find the info I know is here somewhere!! I need to harvest tonight and wash my buds. WHERE is the recipe or procedure preferred for bud washing? I keep getting directed to the same giant thread about bud washing and don't have time to go through hundreds of posts, gotta get going NOW! Please?

This is the one I use and it is from Doc Buds bud washing thread.

For those who are new to this, here's my method:

4 buckets total. (5 gallon buckets are perfect)

Bucket 1: 3 parts RO water to 1 part 3% H202.
Bucket 2: 5 gallons of RO with 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup Lemon Juice
Buckets 3 and 4: RO only.

Cut down plants, pull off fan leaves by hand, remove any necrotic leaves. Leave sugar leaves and anything with frosting on the plant.

Fully submerge in bucket 1 (H2O2) for 30 seconds. Submerge for a full minute if you had ANY sign of PM or bud rot. Let water drip from buds and then.....

Fully submerge in buckets 2 through 4 for 30 seconds each...lightly agitating the whole time.

Allow produce to drip dry. You can blow a fan on it if you like, just make sure it's blowing clean air.

Hang and dry per usual.

Final manicure of buds is best done after they dry. It goes very fast and you're left with washed, highly resinous trim....makes superb joints. I'm also educating my customers to select untrimmed buds, which are actually better than the manicured ones because they still have sugar leaves attached. The trichomes in the leaves have more THC than those in the buds.....so it's good to get the whole spectrum in there.

I give instructions for this in my journals, as I do it every single week, on every single harvest. Once you try it, you'll never go back.

This works so well for a couple reasons:

1. takes off dirt, foliar sprays, bugs, fiberglass dust, etc.
2. fully hydrates the leaves, allowing photosynthesis to occur for a day or two on cut and trimmed buds. I recommend leaving a light on the buds for the first day or two after washing.

This results in very, dense, clean burning, smooth tasting produce! That's the basic recipe....and I'm tweaking and changing it all the time.

Warning: Do NOT use an "organic produce wash" that is based on oils! They sell these in grocery stores and health food stores, and while they might be good for lettuce and cukes....the oil removes resin from the plants.....don't use it!

Water will not harm resin....oil can and does.

Anyone who wants to know more about my methods is welcome to ask me about them anytime!

I am only reposting this as I copied it for my process. He is the one to PM or ask about it. I did it once one my first harvest and the amount of crap left in the buckets convinced me to do it from now on.

Thanks, but this is the same one I have seen before, and apparently it has been revised since then and I can't read through hundreds of pages! Why isn't there a sticky or FAQ for this?

Thanks, but this is the same one I have seen before, and apparently it has been revised since then and I can't read through hundreds of pages! Why isn't there a sticky or FAQ for this?

Ok just quickly.

1. My understanding is that you only need the H202 step if there is some kind of mould or budrot in the picture

2. The recipe is revised to reduce the amounts of lemon juice and baking soda to half what's in the original recipe.

And plenty of folk do it using tap water - doesn't have to be RO.

Happy harvest!!!..

Back
Top Bottom