Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I've had success taping a limb broken during veg and also had one (two maybe) not make it. In my case, it was very obvious by the next day so if yours still looks alive then it'll probably make it. I've heard honey is helpful when there's a break. I've taped breaks both with and without it and not having it wasn't the cause of either of the failed attempts.

So honey it up before tape?
I read to cut the tape off after a few weeks?? Im afraid I will mess it up removing the tape so the tape stays. It seems Blue Tape works best?? Ive used duct and electrical but the blue maybe removed easier. Need to get some more just for plant repairs.

So honey it up before tape?
I read to cut the tape off after a few weeks?? Im afraid I will mess it up removing the tape so the tape stays. It seems Blue Tape works best?? Ive used duct and electrical but the blue maybe removed easier. Need to get some more just for plant repairs.
Yes, honey before the tape. I've used both masking and duct tape (I read duct tape is best)
After the first one I couldn't save, I made a 'first aide' kit and keep it near the tent. It's a small tackle box and stuff is still being added. Narrow strips of tape are precut and ready to grab and slab

I meant to add something similar. With mine I knew right away too which ones wouldn't make it. They pretty much shriveled up and died right away. The others I taped have war wounds to show where they got thier booboo. One I taped, then re-injired poor thing I felt so bad. So I had to reinforce her
420-magazine-mobile530017283.jpg

Whats that fancy thing you reinforced it with? Looks great. Easy to go on and off??

If i wasn't such a die-hard hetero I'd fall in love with those Donkey Dicks you got going on there!

Some sweet sugary loving happening!

Mad reps!

:peace:

Thank You!!! Im trying. I did good not trying and about 2 yrs ago I figured to get serious. I went inside last year. The bud pic is what I bred and is as good as any fancy seed Ive bought. My first yard grow I had 5-6 different clones I let get seeded by an ordinary male and wow. I only grew one I bred this year in the yard and no Russets, hmmmm. I wonder. Im growing lots I bred next year. The secret to these pests is grow strains they dont like. We shall see. Thanks again.

Hi Everyone,

This is one of my first grows.

Seed: Barneys Blue Cheese auto flower.
Medium: Soil + Perlite.
Time since germination: 5 weeks
Nutrient: Used 2 liters of Greenhouse Superfeeding Grow with 0.750 gr nutrient per liter of water.
Light: Yellow 80W and Daylight LED 100W 20x4 hrs

The leaves seem to me very light green going to yellow. Please advise what to do? Is this nutrient deficit? Overwatering?
20171105_110920.jpg
20171105_110913.jpg
20171105_110905.jpg
20171105_110855.jpg
20171105_110900.jpg

Looks nitrogen deficient to me. I like the dry pot though. Let her dry out before watering.

I took some pics.
Heres my 3rd tent run. Flipped 10/27/17 I took this pic before my ISO wash. 4 hrs later I went to see when lights out and those fingers were reaching. Here comes the stretch and I hope I have room. I put the water bottle in there for size reference. Its a 2 liter!! :)
20171103_085439.jpg
20171103_085542.jpg

Heres a few D.Hearts Bubba Kush that the bugs dont like. I had a few extra so I put a few to flower outside starting 10/1.
Im running a whole tent come feb 2018. Ive got a few vegging next to the washer. This strains wonderful! Smell, plant structure, strength, and no Russets!!!
20171103_114745.jpg

Great Day 420

I took some pics.
Heres my 3rd tent run. Flipped 10/27/17 I took this pic before my ISO wash. 4 hrs later I went to see when lights out and those fingers were reaching. Here comes the stretch and I hope I have room. I put the water bottle in there for size reference. Its a 2 liter!! :)
20171103_085439.jpg
20171103_085542.jpg

Heres a few D.Hearts Bubba Kush that the bugs dont like. I had a few extra so I put a few to flower outside starting 10/1.
Im running a whole tent come feb 2018. Ive got a few vegging next to the washer. This strains wonderful! Smell, plant structure, strength, and no Russets!!!
20171103_114745.jpg

Great Day 420
Is that a 2 liter? The lid ; in reference to the bottles circumfrance doesnt seem right. Girls look great though man.

Do they make 2 liter water bottles? Why are you buying water like that anyway ?gotta be for personal ,but then again who buys a 2 liter of water to carry around.....Im gonna keep medicating untill this makes sense.

Hey all, new-ish so don't have permission to post on my own yet.

I've got a CKS Northern Lights Auto that is taking it's sweet time flowing. I'm in week 11 and just the last couple of weeks has it looked like it's getting ready to really bloom.

I'm growing in soul, started with some LST early and then when it looked like it was starting to stretch for bloom, about six weeks ago, I just let it go. Had some cal-mag problems about the same time, stated in an organic rose feed with beneficial bios about that time. It greened up, and started growing, but no real buds. I also never saw pre-blooms on this one.

I think I'm seeing some pistils now, but I think I'm probably another four to six weeks from finishing. Supposed to be a 9 week auto.

The other bean from the same batch is at about five weeks, showing pre-blooms and looks normal.

I think this one is a bit of a throwback mutant. I'm just going to keep watering and feeding and see what happens.

Anyone else have this issue with CKS NL Auto?

Also, it's my first grow, so I'm like an expectant daddy and am impatient for this one to finish. Lol

Some pics from my phone- sorry for the quality:

420-magazine-mobile1022392400.jpg

420-magazine-mobile57678797.jpg

420-magazine-mobile695414822.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1197538065.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1552980737.jpg

I think there are some brown pistils on this last one, hard to see though. I need a macro lens.

Leave to stay for 10 days and then balance with phdown.

Do you throw air stones to aerate it? Do you know what's in your source of tap water(chlorine/chloramine)? Also do a slurry test and check your soils PH, if you're in soil though thinking you should be a bit higher than 6.1 too

420-magazine-mobile37087992.jpg
420-magazine-mobile759366845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile289830456.jpg

Could use some help guys having some micro problems.
So the bigger plant has a calcium deficiency and I added a micro nute solution with cal but no mag so could it be the mag ?
However after adding the cal I noticed the yellow spots progress more into a brown Bloch and it hasn't seemed to better but only slow progression of deficiency.
Minor leaf curl any smaller plant.
Any input would be amazing

420-magazine-mobile37087992.jpg
420-magazine-mobile759366845.jpg
420-magazine-mobile289830456.jpg

Could use some help guys having some micro problems.
So the bigger plant has a calcium deficiency and I added a micro nute solution with cal but no mag so could it be the mag ?
However after adding the cal I noticed the yellow spots progress more into a brown Bloch and it hasn’t seemed to better but only slow progression of deficiency.
Minor leaf curl any smaller plant.
Any input would be amazing

Alright guro..
When growing with LED, you usually need extra cal mag..although your micro has some you still may need extra...make sure your PH is around 5.8/5.7...
When you correct a deficiency, the damaged leafs (with spots) won't repair, they will always be slightly damaged. What we are looking for is the new growth being nice and green and healthy....
Have you got good extraction/exchange of air?
Do you know the temperature of water in res?

How stressing is it for my light to have come on for 1 minute an hour early today (forgot to reset my timer)

Hi thunder..
Been there, you think you well messed it up.
No worries, if it was just for a minute and doesn't repeat, it will be ok.
In the wild plants deal with moonlight, street lighting and things like lightning storms.so relax,1 minute isn't a stess.

Do you throw air stones to aerate it? Do you know what's in your source of tap water(chlorine/chloramine)? Also do a slurry test and check your soils PH, if you're in soil though thinking you should be a bit higher than 6.1 too

Chlorine is in tap water as far as I know. But after some time it gets away from water to air.

Back
Top Bottom