Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I feed every three days big bud advanced nutrients, 1/3 gallon I started week 5 today. Will drying out this week hurt anything

Theyre WAY more flexible when thirsty. Right before watering train her.
I got to go defoil my tent some. Scope some leafs. I hope no Russets. Its been a week. I'll take some tent pics
What a great place to come learn about growing weed. Thank You and Great weekend 420!!

420-magazine-mobile1035471840.jpg
420-magazine-mobile795525881.jpg
420-magazine-mobile378266229.jpg

Ph sitting at 6.0 right now
And that's the supplement I added yesterday
If your in soil 6.0 is too low. Calcium is being restricted. A deficiency will occur. Get your ph to 6.5. In soil thats the sweet spot. Only after a couple good waterings at 6.5 decide if its a deficiency. I bet 2 good full soaking 6.5 waterings will get these babies revving up beautifully.
420-magazine-mobile1782968149.jpg

heres a ph chart. you can see at 6.0 calcium is restricted

@Gee
He is in hydro. Lol I get soil advise alot too bro. Soil growers assume we are all soil. Hydro growers think to check because of all the soil advise ...hahaha
So in hydro your ph runs lower than in soil. But all the other info was valid. I would up my cal mag and babysit the ph.

A little help from the 420 crew please! This plant is about 5 days from harvest according to breeder specs. Trichs about 90%cloudy, 10% clear, no amber spotted as yet, so it might have longer. But, it's an auto and a fast one so anything could happen in 5 days! (Strain: Critical+ CBD auto, Dinafem)

Plant has been grown in about 5gal of soil in a fabric pot using organic potting mix and perlite with a distribution of osmocote plus (as per advice from @DocBud and reiterated by many across the forum). It got a big watering in the 24-48hours before the issue appeared.

Anyhow - this issue presented itself over the course of a day, yesterday in fact. The sugar leaves on couple of the colas are starting to fade to yellow.

I didn't notice anything yesterday morning when I photographed it, but last night just before lights out (I like to pop my head in and say goodnight - check everything is ok) I looked and noticed this on one of the lower colas. The photo is this morning. I did some quick reading and thought maybe sulphur or mag def, so gave it a very weak epsom salts drink. This morning I don't think it's any worse on the lower cola, but the apical cola is showing signs now too. Looking at a deficiency chart this morning it looks more like manganese def. If it is, what would I use to get manganese into the soil?

Lower cola (but the plant is laid prostrate so this 'lower cola' is sitting at about the same distance to light as the apical, and the others where there's no sign of this yet that I can tell):

CCBDau_d66a.jpg

and the apical cola, just starting to show the same issue:

CCBDau_d66b.jpg

The epsom dose I gave last night was half of a mix of 1ltr of water with 1/4teasp of Epsom salts, so it got about 500ml of that (1/8tsp ES).

The other thing that might be contributing to this, whatever it is, is that about halfway through the grow I filled the tray with perlite so I could water using a 'top down bottom up' approach as I was needing to lessen the physical effort of watering and I had to go away so thought the perlite would help with both of those concerns, which it did. I'm sharing that here as it may have been a mistake the has led to this - i.e., perhaps I've created a nasty root issue. There's no bad smell coming form the bottom of the pot, so maybe it's fine. Just trying to provide as much info as I can that will help!

This is a pic of the whole plant yesterday morning - before I notice anything. It's still very wet from it's watering the previous day.

CCBDau_d65b.jpg

Not sure if I should give it the rest of the ES water today...

All help appreciated!

A little help from the 420 crew please! This plant is about 5 days from harvest according to breeder specs. Tricks about 90%cloudy, 10% clear, no amber spotted as yet, so it might have longer. But, it's an auto and a fast one so anything could happen in 5 days! (Strain: Critical+ CBD auto, Dinafem)

Plant has been grown in about 5gal of soil in a fabric pot using organic potting mix and perlite with a distribution of osmocote plus (as per advice from @DocBud and reiterated by many across the forum). It got a big watering in the 24-48hours before the issue appeared.

Anyhow - this issue presented itself over the course of a day, yesterday in fact. The sugar leaves on couple of the colas are starting to fade to yellow.

I didn't notice anything yesterday morning when I photographed it, but last night just before lights out (I like to pop my head in and say goodnight - check everything is ok) I looked and noticed this on one of the lower colas. The photo is this morning. I did some quick reading and thought maybe sulphur or mag def, so gave it a very weak epsom salts drink. This morning I don't think it's any worse on the lower cola, but the apical cola is showing signs now too. Looking at a deficiency chart this morning it looks more like manganese def. If it is, what would I use to get manganese into the soil?

Lower cola (but the plant is laid prostrate so this 'lower cola' is sitting at about the same distance to light as the apical, and the others where there's no sign of this yet that I can tell):

CCBDau_d66a.jpg

and the apical cola, just starting to show the same issue:

CCBDau_d66b.jpg

The epsom dose I gave last night was half of a mix of 1ltr of water with 1/4teasp of Epsom salts, so it got about 500ml of that (1/8tsp ES).

The other thing that might be contributing to this, whatever it is, is that about halfway through the grow I filled the tray with perlite so I could water using a 'top down bottom up' approach as I was needing to lessen the physical effort of watering and I had to go away so thought the perlite would help with both of those concerns, which it did. I'm sharing that here as it may have been a mistake the has led to this - i.e., perhaps I've created a nasty root issue. There's no bad smell coming form the bottom of the pot, so maybe it's fine. Just trying to provide as much info as I can that will help!

This is a pic of the whole plant yesterday morning - before I notice anything. It's still very wet from it's watering the previous day.

CCBDau_d65b.jpg

Not sure if I should give it the rest of the ES water today...

All help appreciated!

If the bottom pic is the entire plant then I'd say you have enough nutrients in your leaves to make it to harvest even if you stopped feeding altogether imo... But wait for others to chime in that's just me. I'd say cut nutes out or continue the dose you are on.

If the bottom pic is the entire plant then I'd say you have enough nutrients in your leaves to make it to harvest even if you stopped feeding altogether imo... But wait for others to chime in that's just me. I'd say cut nutes out or continue the dose you are on.

Cheers for the feedback. .

Can't change the nutes anyway (is an osmocote+ grow). Will just try to relax and let it go now. Harvest in a few days. The full plant pic makes it look a lot darker green than it is (the green glasses over the lens to kill the blurple tends to do this). It is dark green, but not that dark!

If anyone else has a perspective it's most welcome too !

Cheers for the feedback. .

Can't change the nutes anyway (is an osmocote+ grow). Will just try to relax and let it go now. Harvest in a few days. The full plant pic makes it look a lot darker green than it is (the green glasses over the lens to kill the blurple tends to do this). It is dark green, but not that dark!

If anyone else has a perspective it's most welcome too !

Hell you should see my girls lol... Three of them are heavily yellowing and only in mid flower... I feed synthetic lol (dyna-gro) and they are eating to damn much... I have four girls crammed in a 4x2 so they aren't incredibly large but each of them are eating 2tsp protekt 1.5tsp bloom and 1tsp magpro and still yellowing out... Next feed I'm just hitting the bastards each with 2tsp protekt 2tsp bloom and 2tsp magpro and see how they handle it since they wanna eat up all the damn food in the house... . Hopefully it means they are gonna get real nice and dense and get me the yields I'm looking for lol. Sorry for the rant .

Ok guys my order from seedsman has been shipped to my country, how do I continue to track? Do I use the royal mail number. I just wanna be home to sign when they get here. I care nothing about going to my post office to get it,lol.

Ok guys my order from seedsman has been shipped to my country, how do I continue to track? Do I use the royal mail number. I just wanna be home to sign when they get here. I care nothing about going to my post office to get it,lol.
Ya you'll get a international tracking number ive never used them but check your email. Thats standard practice

Ya you'll get a international tracking number ive never used them but check your email. Thats standard practice
I have no idea how long customs would take, I have heard the horror stories. I just don't want it sneaking up and me not be home, don't wanna go to a federal building to get them.

I dont play with all that PPM and checking run off. Fox Farm by its schedule and get it 6.0-7.0 PH going in. And a bait fish :)
I dont feel as though using fox farm by its schedule or any schedule for that matter is accurate. Its more of a guide line.

I dont really know much, however thinking every plant is same size week 1-20 and all need same nutes feels wrong to me.

I have no idea how long customs would take, I have heard the horror stories. I just don't want it sneaking up and me not be home, don't wanna go to a federal building to get them.

Hi, I would just contact Seedsman and ask about tracking. They have different tracking options that you choose during checkout. So if you bought the tracking option you should get notified of progress and have plenty of warning about their arrival.

However, where I am I had seeds sent from the UK and as soon as they left the UK the tracking info dried up - so I just had to wait for them to arrive ., which they did, so all good in the end. Was a bit tense tho. Wasn't with Seedsman, was Herbies. So yeah, check with the seller 'cause it depends which tracking option they've used.

I know I'm burning up the forum but I just had ine of my limbs break at the stalk it broke it to where theres just a little holding it. I taped her back up to the main stalk, my question is will it make it. Its a big limb full of flower

After tieing down limbs early on veg for a scrog like effect when repotting how will the plant take being untied/will it hold its form? Do you usually not repot after youve tied down?

Also, why am I automatically subscribed to every thread I read? Its frustrating removing 10+ subscriptions a day.

I had pretty good luck with taping and supporting them but it depends on how bad the break is sometimes. Just don't tape it real tight and leave it. Remove the tape after a week and see how it looks. Hope it heals up for you.

After tieing down limbs early on veg for a scrog like effect when repotting how will the plant take being untied/will it hold its form? Do you usually not repot after youve tied down?

Also, why am I automatically subscribed to every thread I read? Its frustrating removing 10+ subscriptions a day.
Usually if u reply on a thread it will sub u. I've never had auto sub just from browsing a thread.

Once u untie them, they will want to go back to stretching or growing in thier normal upwards direction. I had to constantly retie and adjust to get my structure. Repotting never stopped me from tying either. If u want, it won't hurt I don't think to leave them for a day or two to see how they adjust. But leave them too long them they get used to freedom and grow how they want.

This is a glimpse under the skirt.
420-magazine-mobile994320127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2094776564.jpg

I know I'm burning up the forum but I just had ine of my limbs break at the stalk it broke it to where theres just a little holding it. I taped her back up to the main stalk, my question is will it make it. Its a big limb full of flower
Every oops is different. I had a couple that I saved with tape and a couple places that couldn't be saved. Try to save them first. If it's a lost cause then snip and move on.

They automatically subscribe when you participate i think. Just uncheck at the top right when you're on the thread (in the app).

My experience, if the stem has had time to strengthen in place, they should hold form after untying. You can always pull them back to position again, and probably should in their new location. Just be careful of snapping now that the stem is stronger and less flexible. Also, as i have done, watch out for splitting at the point where stems branch off. Luckily my girl never showed signs from this damage, but i imagine it opened up a lot of bad possibilities (poor nutrient travel, infection etc.). A little more detail in my journal on that.

You should be fine to untie is my point.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom