Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey :) this is prob a silly question but does anyone know weather it's best to water when the lights are off or weather to water just after lights on? Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance :)

Interspecies breeding is impossible... period.

Search Results
The official number of chromosomes for strawberries is actually 7 (compared to humans who have 23). Normally strawberries would have 14 chromosomes (2n), however in order to make larger berries, breeders have made strawberry plants that have 8 duplicate copies of the genome (8n known as octaploids).

In Cannabis, the haploid (in) number of chromosomes is 10 and the diploid (2n) number of chromosomes is 20

strawberry 7 chromosome pairs
cannabis 10 chromosome pairs

goodluck on crossing that ... i wonder what the 3 excess chromosomes will pair with ...?

for reference humans have 23 chromosome pairs except downies they have an extra X-chromosome (46 chromosomes +1)

But I do know people who grew plants with their strawberrys generation after generation and somehow it seemed the mj starting tasting like it has strawberry in it...kinda weird but awesome

thats BS ... the only way i can think up that is feasable is the terps (etheric oils) absorb some ambient smells and maybe taste but it will only work when the other smells are very pronounced like maybe onions or garlic but as i recall strawberries arent that aromatic so they can stink up a tent.
and it will certainly not get stronger with consecutive generations !

sry if i am bashing you but i cannot come up with a scientifically sound mechanism to support your friends claims.
also change of perspective ... will your tomatoes taste like cucumber and vice versa cause the grew next to eachother ?

my 2 cent

Hi all. Just looking for some quick drying tips. I've got a few buds hanging the last 3 days, any way of getting them ready to sample without ruining the bud.

Cut a piece of poly tubing and slide it down between the grills of your fan, then put the bud stem down in the tube. I've done this in my veg room as I want to add RH there.

Capture447.PNG

Hi all. Just looking for some quick drying tips. I've got a few buds hanging the last 3 days, any way of getting them ready to sample without ruining the bud.

i was going to say point a fan at the buds but someone beat me to it hehe ... just know that when you overdry your fresh buds you will stop the curing process in its tracks unable to get restarted by any means ... your bud will taste like chlorophyl smell like hay and will not improve over time.
it will get you a good idea of potency and a very poor impression on taste and smell ... id wait till the buds are dry enough to jar and then have a taste ... its probably at 5 days after harvest ... small wait

i was going to say point a fan at the buds but someone beat me to it hehe ... just know that when you overdry your fresh buds you will stop the curing process in its tracks unable to get restarted by any means ... your bud will taste like chlorophyl smell like hay and will not improve over time.
it will get you a good idea of potency and a very poor impression on taste and smell ... id wait till the buds are dry enough to jar and then have a taste ... its probably at 5 days after harvest ... small wait

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why the smell had disappeared thought I had f'd it up. This curing is going to be a nightmare. Temptation!!!

Hmmmm....

Seems like a lot going on for such little guys?

How old are they? It's seed contains enough "food" to take it from germination through its first week of life. After that (week 2) you can start introducing at 1/4 strength.

18 days old, that one isn't looking too good popped it into smaller pot see if it regains health think it didn't like the nutes at 1/4 strength mabe abit less

any 1 have some advice on deflation this is my first grow and have been testing FIM and topping with some lst ... But i dont know where to start with defol ... do you take off the older fan leafs or where do i start

I have 4 plants just over 4 weeks old ... they are good bagseed but after germ i saw that 2 had a bit broader leaves than the other two so im thinking they are a bit more indica cross .... they are also not growing as fast and stretching like the other two more sativa strains

i want to defol the two streching sativas and lst them to be at the same hight as the other two any advice on where to start please

These are the 2 stretching sativas

420-magazine-mobile956206468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1909329856.jpg

Here are the 2 more busy shorter ones

420-magazine-mobile148307120.jpg

thats BS ... the only way i can think up that is feasable is the terps (etheric oils) absorb some ambient smells and maybe taste but it will only work when the other smells are very pronounced like maybe onions or garlic but as i recall strawberries arent that aromatic so they can stink up a tent.
and it will certainly not get stronger with consecutive generations !

sry if i am bashing you but i cannot come up with a scientifically sound mechanism to support your friends claims.
also change of perspective ... will your tomatoes taste like cucumber and vice versa cause the grew next to eachother ?

my 2 cent
Your not bashing me and everones entitled to their opinion but if you read my post then it seemed like it... but if it is bullshit then I guess you should tell that to the numerous other people who heard and witnessed the same bullshit as well. I think its an actual strain now that is sold but I could be mistaken...... And im not a scientist and dont claim to be so if it is true I could I no way try to explain how it could happen

any 1 have some advice on deflation this is my first grow and have been testing FIM and topping with some lst ... But i dont know where to start with defol ... do you take off the older fan leafs or where do i start

I have 4 plants just over 4 weeks old ... they are good bagseed but after germ i saw that 2 had a bit broader leaves than the other two so im thinking they are a bit more indica cross .... they are also not growing as fast and stretching like the other two more sativa strains

i want to defol the two streching sativas and lst them to be at the same hight as the other two any advice on where to start please

It seems you already began the LST. As far as defoliating, it's no biggie to take a leaf here and there, and stretch that out over time to accomplish what you're trying to do, but if you would rather take many leaves at once, know that overall plant growth will slow. This might be a good thing with your sativas so the indicas can catch up. Sorry I don't have specific advice on the subject, but these kinds of techniques are not really direct and specific to begin with. You'll be able to gauge the level of cruelty you think your plant can handle per session based on how healthy and even colored she is. If you notice other problems, you would be best to address those first.

I never blow my fan directly on my buds while drying I always have it bouncing off a wall or something. I just do that out of fear of over drying plus drying slow imo makes for a better tasting and smoother tasting but if cured correctly. And I think the miisture content is 55% once the buds get below 55% then curing process stops

Back
Top Bottom