Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

i did.. nothing is there, at least nothing i can see and i watched very carefully.. should i do anything with those cutted leaves? or should ijust wait n see what happens?
At this point I would wait and see. If you don't see anything you are probably good. I don't pretend to be an expert though, I'm sure that if anyone sees a problem they will chime in with advice. Hang in there, these girls are tougher than you think :thumb:

Thought I would share this, what is it? These should be nice and green and healthy. I would just post it and wait to see what if any responces I get, test the ph, your nutes are in jail, did you wash your dirt? Well I know what it is, I did it. Drumroll please, its sunburn. I have seen at least a dozen pics on here with at least that many diagnoses. I had to think back through everything that was happening three or four days before I spotted changes, I left them in the sun too long. Growin inside from now on.
420-magazine-mobile651540706.jpg
Sorry to rain on your parade!
Plants DO NOT get SUNBURN!
You changed there environment.
They sucked up to much water with SALT, CHLORINE, AND NUTRIENTS.
Lack of "K" is what caused the necrosis not scorching.
The leaves dehydrated from poor watering/irrigation/nutrients form the environment introduced. NOT THE SUN!
Do you research/homework.
I have some info..will find and post here for you.

Drumroll please, its sunburn. I have seen at least a dozen pics on here with at least that many diagnoses. I had to think back through everything that was happening three or four days before I spotted changes, I left them in the sun too long. Growin inside from now on

Sorry you had a bad experience with your grow.
Moving plants from inside to outside is considered transplanting.
What ever stage of growing there in. They have to be hardened off to the harsher outside environment.
Everything changes. Start with a clean slate and ease into the new environment.
I don't have time to teach..I can help educate.
I'm mobile right now....searched a couple of words on a grow website.
Bits of info pertaining to...within.

The Myth of Hot-Weather Watering

The Final Countdown: What You Need to Know About Transplanting Your Young Plants

When And How to Transplant Seedlings into the Garden

Don't believe all you read. Know what you read. In the end just do it and remove all myths.

hmm i read this in first article and i start thinking ....

Lack of foliar potassium (the "K" in fertilizers) prevents leaves from regulating stomatal openings and leads to higher water loss.

this will serve as an realy warning when paying attention to it ... but ... does it also affects plants the other way as in "less" water consumption ?

Sorry to rain on your parade!
Plants DO NOT get SUNBURN!
You changed there environment.
They sucked up to much water with SALT, CHLORINE, AND NUTRIENTS.
Lack of "K" is what caused the necrosis not scorching.
The leaves dehydrated from poor watering/irrigation/nutrients form the environment introduced. NOT THE SUN!
Do you research/homework.
I have some info..will find and post here for you.

Wouldnt something like that effect all the leaves? Only one plant out of four treated excactly the same? Would repotting stress cause this? This one got roughed up a little the root ball tried to come apart while CAREFULLY transferring. The environment thing makes sence maybe this one just didnt like it. Wont be doin that again. This is the learning curve fun part of grow number one. At least so far I have not killed them.

Whatever it was was not fatal, that one is a little behind of the other two of the same variety, its on right in back. In front
420-magazine-mobile1138995526.jpg
and beside are the same, green crack, have no idea what the left front is but I like it anyway, slower growing, smaller.
420-magazine-mobile271056677.jpg

hmm i read this in first article and i start thinking ....

Lack of foliar potassium (the "K" in fertilizers) prevents leaves from regulating stomatal openings and leads to higher water loss.

this will serve as an realy warning when paying attention to it ... but ... does it also affects plants the other way as in "less" water consumption ?
I think I know what your asking.
Stressors cause plants to react. Understanding reaction and reacting is an undertaking in its self.
Can be as confusing as the last sentence.
Bottom line up front?
EDUCATION
UNDERSTANDING
accept the fact. We cannot control everything. Start with PREVENTION.

ENVIRONMENT = dialed in OR what?
FOOD= light/darkness, CO2, H2O
VITAMINS= base nutrients
ADDITIVES = boosters
BENEFICIAL = micro organisms, humic/fulvic/amino acids, silicon
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER IN THE RIGHT COMBINATIONS AT THE RIGHT TIME. AND VIOLA!
Not that hard

Heeeey guys!

It's my third grow now, and a first time growing photo. It's just a bagseed that I threw into the soil while growing autos. It came out nice, and now that the second grow is finished I want to see if that's a girl by any chance.

Growing her in a soil and coco mix. In homemade airport :)
Did some hst, and a bit of pruning. But after planting her into this bigger pot she keeps having some kind of problems. Can anyone identify what it could be ?

I'm growing under diy Cree cob leds. And bites are Hessi.

420-magazine-mobile1311628158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1877912458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2095140592.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1490937911.jpg
420-magazine-mobile112280794.jpg

So I'm having a problem keeping my temperatures below 78 with lights on. During dark ist around 68 do you all thank it will be ok going into late flower. Don't want bud rot. Thanks for your input.

Heeeey guys!

It's my third grow now, and a first time growing photo. It's just a bagseed that I threw into the soil while growing autos. It came out nice, and now that the second grow is finished I want to see if that's a girl by any chance.

Growing her in a soil and coco mix. In homemade airport :)
Did some hst, and a bit of pruning. But after planting her into this bigger pot she keeps having some kind of problems. Can anyone identify what it could be ?

I'm growing under diy Cree cob leds. And bites are Hessi.

420-magazine-mobile1311628158.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1877912458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2095140592.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1490937911.jpg
420-magazine-mobile112280794.jpg
Is new growth normally light green?
Looks like Nitrogen def. Also new growth looks Sulfer def.
Transplant lacks enough nutes?
Check pH?

Everything said so far makes sence, this girl dries up quicker I noticed as well, she is not well but I dont want to add too much of the wrong thing, and being uneducated in a pinch can make a little problem worse. This is what I have to work with, enlighten me.

Intriguing question for you all at least I think soo. Do you think a plant would live forever if you kept it under a 18/6 light schedule. If you just kept lst and chopping it when it got to big as well as transplanting it.. or do you think they have a lifespan of x amount of years... I've always wondered a friend of mine has had one for around 5 years!

Intriguing question for you all at least I think soo. Do you think a plant would live forever if you kept it under a 18/6 light schedule. If you just kept lst and chopping it when it got to big as well as transplanting it.. or do you think they have a lifespan of x amount of years... I've always wondered a friend of mine has had one for around 5 years!

Over time, they seem to tend to become more susceptible to pests & all maladies in general. So "can they?" Yes. "Will they?" Probably not.

Everything said so far makes sence, this girl dries up quicker I noticed as well, she is not well but I dont want to add too much of the wrong thing, and being uneducated in a pinch can make a little problem worse. This is what I have to work with, enlighten me.
I'm sorry, yes it was shock to the plants system. Since you moved them back inside. It's not a nutrient lockout. Just water and feed normal. She will recover.
A "P", "K" boost is good for both recovery and outside tolerance if you want to enjoy natural light.
Foliage spraying is very benificial for recovery (+). Which is an art in its own. Not complicated. Just needs to be done correctly to benefit.
. take advantage of free natural light.
Be prepared for changes in watering, nutrients uptake and pest control.
Ease them into transition. Than enjoy the opportunity to take them in and out whenever.

Yes

Ladies and gentlemen. I have a big question that mainly applies to female growers and metal heads or anyone who slightly resembles Tommy Chong(younger years). How on earth do you keep your hair off your plants? I'm constantly pulling long strands of hair off my bud and for real, a hairnet isn't an option. Man bunning doesn't work. I really don't want to put months of effort into my grow and end up smoking my hair. Any suggestions? Cutting is not an option

Back
Top Bottom