Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

These are my 3 week old plants and I'm doing hydro. I added a little extra bytes because they were a little yellow and now this.

Fungus? or Deficiency? Or Toxicity?

420-magazine-mobile221441145.jpg
420-magazine-mobile954112147.jpg
420-magazine-mobile225375674.jpg

Check your ph see where its at

They been problem children from the start. And they were doing really good, just not growing in height. Then this, there is one tip of the leaf that is brown too. I'm thinking maybe to many nutes. But it is my first time and so far I've been a failure. .

These are my 3 week old plants and I'm doing hydro. I added a little extra bytes because they were a little yellow and now this.

Fungus? or Deficiency? Or Toxicity?

Looks like a mild deficiency. What brand of nutes are you using? Also, what is the RH in there, the kids look awfully wet.

Looks like a mild deficiency. What brand of nutes are you using? Also, what is the RH in there, the kids look awfully wet.

I apologize for the rookie question, what is RH?

And if they look wet, how do I dry out hydro plants... there sitting in water?

I apologize for the rookie question, what is RH?

And if they look wet, how do I dry out hydro plants... there sitting in water?
No worries Jnv RH stands for relative Humidity and is the ammount of water in the air and from what i have read should be between 50 to 60 % . But im a new grower and talking under correction

Can anyone tell me what affect low rh like 20 to 40 % is supposed to do to your plants ? i have been growing my 2 photo plants without checking rh once and all has been fine so far and will be switching to 12/12 in about 3 days ... Just wondering why this is ao important and what does the high humidity help with ?

Can anyone tell me what affect low rh like 20 to 40 % is supposed to do to your plants ? i have been growing my 2 photo plants without checking rh once and all has been fine so far and will be switching to 12/12 in about 3 days ... Just wondering why this is ao important and what does the high humidity help with ?

Speeds up transpiration in your plants and uses up more nutrients. More often you'll burn the shit out of your plants.

The opposite happens when to humid, plants transpiration slows to a crawl, that's why your pots never dry out. Plants will almost quit trying to grow. Good for cloning but not so good if you want her to grow hands high lol

Nice Dude! Those nodes are way closer together than mine! Howd you do thatm What size is your LED and how close is it to the canopy?

300w mars hydro led 58$ online and I've had the led about 9-10inches away it's now 2-3 inch from from flowing canopy and doing fine these lights only have a small input of about 120-140w, It's all about good intake extraction air circulation ill do an update when I get back from work on my on my grow journal your more than welcome to check it out .✌️

hey there,

you can expect them to need at least another 4 weeks from the looks of it if fed and lighted correct she will produce more pistils and swell up nicely ...

however...

a 150w led that probably uses just 120w at the outlet seems abit light but still may produce decent bud just dont expect massive weight ...
oh and start to count flowering when ye see cottonballs forming ( when pistils start to bunch up) that will probably push my diagnosis up with another 1-2 weeks ;)

remember its oh so easy and it happens alot to harvest TOO SOON ;)

Thanks man!! Helped me a lot .

So I've been trying to keep my two girls even in height, but using different methods. Thelma was starting to get a little taller than Louise, so I super cropped her two main tops this morning. This is their first week of flowering, and I know you're not supposed to super crop during flower (or so I've read), do y'all think they will recover just fine?
420-magazine-mobile333427029.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1794831653.jpg

300w mars hydro led 58$ online and I've had the led about 9-10inches away it's now 2-3 inch from from flowing canopy and doing fine these lights only have a small input of about 120-140w, It's all about good intake extraction air circulation ill do an update when I get back from work on my on my grow journal your more than welcome to check it out .✌️
Definitely will! Well done man!

High humidity is good for cloning, once thoroughly rooted, move them to veg with average humidity, and once in bloom after she stretches, reduce humidity to below 40% if possible. In the past, I've had difficulty with low RH that exposed my plant(s) to K deficiency. My nutrient regimen at the time was also lacking a bit of K, but the very dry air pushed that less than ideal factor beyond it's tipping point. Like every other part of this hobby, we strive for perfection and learn as we go.

Back
Top Bottom