Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Yeah man i'm 10 years old and i have my own grow box, how clever:bravo: U are the hero of the day:goodjob: but anyway thank for your help, at least i deserved your attention and writing so many shits (i mean prologue) wast necessarily u could just say the last part of letter

Yeah man i'm 10 years old and i have my own grow box, how clever:bravo: U are the hero of the day:goodjob: but anyway thank for your help, at least i deserved your attention and writing so many shits (i mean prologue) wast necessarily u could just say the last part of letter

actually you didn't deserve my attention. your sense of entitlement is amazing. good luck getting any further help.

Hey everyone. Just a simple question, and I'm sure I already know the answer but...

So, I topped my plant 9 days ago. She responded really well, and both new "tops" were growing great. The other day, something happened. I screwed up and one of the new tops literally popped right off. So now my topped plant is back down to one main top.

Question is, will this greatly affect my yield? Or can I still veg and LST her to some decent return?

I've got a journal going here with pic

Another First Timer CKS Green Crack Fem LED Grow

I've got a question!
So have 1 Lemon Skunk sativa in the end of flower, roughly week 8-9. She has been great until late about a week or so ago.
She started showing some yellowing of the top leaves and some middle leaves.
Now a few top leaves are showing some purple too.
She was drinking 3/4 strength mix at 980ish ppm.
But since the yellowing of leaves started. She has stopped taking up nutes and just drinking water.
My ph has been stable just like it usually is. 6.5-5.6. I don't have ph problems.
Could it maybe be magnesium deficiency?

Dwc, 5g of water.
Botanicare KIND nutes
Ph 5.6-6.5
Under cob led lights
75-90° 50% rh

Not sure what the problem is. There is no reason I can see that there should be a problem.

420-magazine-mobile1562535621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227880652.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1823780630.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1976625839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1774597601.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I hope I'm doing this right lol. New member New grower.
I planted some auto fem seeds, outside and have recently discovered that they are not autos. My first frost date is Sept 25. Any way I could still do something with the plants to get them finished by then? If I cover them for a day or two and then uncover will they start flowering?
They were planted mid June.
Thanks

Ph problems maybe?

hmm ... looks like Ca deficiency ... it may be PH related

@twinturbo

i agree she shows many deficiencies being Mg and Ca and also abit K ...

i think she needs water at 5.8 i think for hydro that is the maximum ... if im not mistaken ... 6.5 is waaaay to high for hydro ...

its the swirly leaves that hint at the pH issue

oh and another thing ...she is NOT at the end of flower ... i guess at least another 4 weeks ... remember sativas take longer then hybrids or indicas at least longer then 8-9 weeks ...

untitled.jpg

look at the PH mentioned as ideal for Hydro

I planted some auto fem seeds, outside and have recently discovered that they are not autos. My first frost date is Sept 25. Any way I could still do something with the plants to get them finished by then? If I cover them for a day or two and then uncover will they start flowering?
Thanks

put them in the shed for as long as needed to diminish daylength to 12/12 ... like every evening untill dark then take em out again ..

example if you have dawn at 6am and dusk at 10pm they have to go in a dark shed from 6 pm till dark ... light period 6am-6pm = 12h

I've got a question!
So have 1 Lemon Skunk sativa in the end of flower, roughly week 8-9. She has been great until late about a week or so ago.
She started showing some yellowing of the top leaves and some middle leaves.
Now a few top leaves are showing some purple too.
She was drinking 3/4 strength mix at 980ish ppm.
But since the yellowing of leaves started. She has stopped taking up nutes and just drinking water.
My ph has been stable just like it usually is. 6.5-5.6. I don't have ph problems.
Could it maybe be magnesium deficiency?

Dwc, 5g of water.
Botanicare KIND nutes
Ph 5.6-6.5
Under cob led lights
75-90° 50% rh

Not sure what the problem is. There is no reason I can see that there should be a problem.

420-magazine-mobile1562535621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227880652.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1823780630.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1976625839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1774597601.jpg

Thanks for looking!

how high is that COB ??

It's mold bud remove all brown mold inspect for more caterpillar nest and pest spider mites. I am doing same in am . They say cause by rain make sure shake the buds off after raining .. also need a pesticide to prevent they say use peroxide in affect areas check out kings true grow fir more info :)

Simple solution for cola rain protection. Cheap and effective and avoids rotten top buds.

420-magazine-mobile2134629575.jpg

Not had a rotten bud since I started rain protection and it's just a Poundland polyfibre tunnel, bamboo canes and gaffer tap. Sum total of £3 to avoid budrot in wet climate, works a treat for me in the uk.

put them in the shed for as long as needed to diminish daylength to 12/12 ... like every evening untill dark then take em out again ..

example if you have dawn at 6am and dusk at 10pm they have to go in a dark shed from 6 pm till dark ... light period 6am-6pm = 12h

I use my shed for light deprivation on photos and it's very effective! .

Hey everyone. Just a simple question, and I'm sure I already know the answer but...

So, I topped my plant 9 days ago. She responded really well, and both new "tops" were growing great. The other day, something happened. I screwed up and one of the new tops literally popped right off. So now my topped plant is back down to one main top.

Question is, will this greatly affect my yield? Or can I still veg and LST her to some decent return?

I've got a journal going here with pic

Another First Timer CKS Green Crack Fem LED Grow

Yes it will affect your yield if you keep to your regular veg time but if you continue to veg and LST for an extra few weeks you can compensate for the loss of one your main colas.

Thanks

Light deprivation. Start as soon as possible. Works a treat I use light deprivation to flower my plants every year and it works great.

What's up fam! Any ideas on what the problem would be?
420-magazine-mobile11764434.jpg

Possibly calcium deficiency starting out but I've never actually had a calcium deficiency so I can't say with any great certainty but the bronze spots and the slight yellowing could be early calcium deficiency possibly

Excellent, precise response.

I have since been informed you can in fact run 12/12 lighting from seed and the plant will still flower but I would personally still try and bring her to maturity before I flip. That's just my preference though, as I say you can grow 12/12 from seed on a photo plant but I didn't know this when I replied. .

They are actually planted in the ground.

Light deprivation. Start as soon as possible. Works a treat I use light deprivation to flower my plants every year and it works great.

I guess I was wondering, if I covered them for a couple of days would that signal them to start flowering? If I then removed the covering would they continue to flower, or, would they revert back to their vegetative state? They are planted in the ground and we are still on 15 hrs daylight 9 hrs dark.

Back
Top Bottom