Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I guess I was wondering, if I covered them for a couple of days would that signal them to start flowering? If I then removed the covering would they continue to flower, or, would they revert back to their vegetative state? They are planted in the ground and we are still on 15 hrs daylight 9 hrs dark.

they would revert at best and may hermie on you ... better to cover them up a few hours a day ... but think it through abit before ye act as in teh evenings it cools especially in later summer this can cause severe condens ... or when still in the sun it can heat up like crazy under a tarp ...

I agree she's not near the end of flower. Her hairs are just starting to turn.
As for the ph the reason I let it go a bit higher than the chart is because I use led lighting.
Several folks and a couple articles over the last couple years have told me that under led lighting. Plants use more magnesium than under hps/mh. And the uptake for magnesium is best in the upper ph range. So I start each water change at 6.5 to 6.3 and let it drift down from there.
So far this is the only plant to ever complain about it.
And she didn't show any signs of problems till this late in flower. All of veg and transition was great.

But I thought the same thing with the tops yellowing and for sure some sorta deficiency that it was likely the ph. Even though it's been good this whole grow.
Just cut down an indica that was next to her. They were grown side by side from start and she finished great. On the same nutes lights and ph range

I've made several runs so far using the ph range I mentioned and all except this plant were great.
Wich confuses me even more lol

Mello...personally, I wouldn't worry about it till the threat of frost is closer...gives you plenty of time to fab up some sort of cover...like a BIG cardboard box covered with plastic or bubble wrap so such...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Yeah man i'm 10 years old and i have my own grow box, how clever:bravo: U are the hero of the day:goodjob: but anyway thank for your help, at least i deserved your attention and writing so many shits (i mean prologue) wast necessarily u could just say the last part of letter
As much as i like helping people, until your attitude changes, you'll get no advise from me.:surf:

We all need to win the lottery my friend....
Sounds like the humidity would be high with a lot of rain around - comfortable conditions for fungal growth. I cannot have a completely sealed area and have steralised the area a few times, but spores almost always find a way in after a while. The trick is keeping a moderate environement - not too humid - checking constantly and keeping a good air flow going. I don't know your set up but i suggest you get an extractor fan as you want to pull fresh air in and expel the old stale (humid) air - in addition to the fans you have. Your plants will thank you for it.
I also suggest you google Horse Tail fern tea - as it's cheap to make and is used in treatment and prevention of PM anf other pathogens like fusarium.

As far as Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) is concerned: Commonly sold in pharmacies. It has many many uses. It is basically water (H20) with an extra oxygen molecules that attracts dirt/germs etc.

So in your expierence is it safe to spray on plants all of it in week 6 bloom? The peroxide I'm speaking about ? Thank you for sharing have had a tremendous amount of support today and last night since posted my issue such a great community ...

Simple solution for cola rain protection. Cheap and effective and avoids rotten top buds.

420-magazine-mobile2134629575.jpg

Not had a rotten bud since I started rain protection and it's just a Poundland polyfibre tunnel, bamboo canes and gaffer tap. Sum total of £3 to avoid budrot in wet climate, works a treat for me in the uk.

Just screenshot that see if I can. Hold something like that ... ...

So in your expierence is it safe to spray on plants all of it in week 6 bloom? The peroxide I'm speaking about ? Thank you for sharing have had a tremendous amount of support today and last night since posted my issue such a great community ...

Yes it is perfectly safe. Just make sure they are dried properly after spraying - you don't want to leave them soaking - direct the fans on them and they'll be fine. Keep in mind this is the same stuff you can clean your vegetables, disinfect cuts and use as mouthwash (3% peroxide). Many members also use it as part of their bud washing regime before drying. Here is the thread if you are interested: Bud Washing

Yes it is perfectly safe. Just make sure they are dried properly after spraying - you don't want to leave them soaking - direct the fans on them and they'll be fine. Keep in mind this is the same stuff you can clean your vegetables, disinfect cuts and use as mouthwash (3% peroxide)

Thanks for clarifying you need anything please don't hesitate to ask me I owe ya .

This one happens to be a photo since I don't mind switching her over when she's due. Can you give me a little advice on light during flower I have a 4x5 tent for growing with 600 w led and 2 6 inch fans when I switched to flower idk of light got it and that's what made it a male or what but it was just a bag seed I had maybe it was just a male all along or maybe light got in and made it a male. Just need info about what happens if light gets into tent durning flower. I guess you could say after this seed sprouts this will be my first girl I've grown. This is my other plant before I saw that it wasn't a female
420-magazine-mobile1353923670.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1223393029.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2132789429.jpg
420-magazine-mobile704407155.jpg
Just switch your timers to a 12 12 schedule and make sure its programmed properly. Like hook said If there isnt any light leaks or other severe stresses you shouldnt have to worry about hermies too much. Those pics are 100% males not hermaphrodites.

hello all!

right this might seem like a stupid question but how do you flush a plant when there scrogged up?

i usually put 3x the volume of there pot but cant see that being possible.

there in 20 litre pots, coco/perlite 60/40 mix.

they have been getting fed 2 litres every day so should i just feed 2 litres of plain water everyday?

thoughts on using canna flush for the first 4 days then plain?

planning on flushing for 2 week or until all the leaves are yellow.

I had read a bunch of stuff about curing and many seem to say that mastering curing is harder then mastering growing. The sources said mastering not just doing. What are the communities thoughts?

Nutes nutes nutes... What is a better brand for soil than General Hydroponics? I'm not satisfied with their flora series.

Suggestions??

ETA... I'm using my own homemade soil with plenty of live organisms/worms/worm castings that tolerate the salts but the plant NEEDS more than what the soil can give it.
I've had success with advanced nutrients. No problems and you don't have to ph when your using the base nutes .

Back
Top Bottom