Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I have never cloned before so prepare for an obvious question.

It's seems like a good idea, however I'm not starting from cloning.
I'll start from seed and I am not going to grow a mother due to timings.
Assume I have grown four plants out of veg and it to flower and I want to take cuttings in order to start the next crop early.

Is this possible and what negatives will result, e.g. shocking a plant I want to crop will be disadvantages?

Do you need a fixed mother plant?

If I succeed it this rotation will cloning clones quickly give me under preforming plants? Should I just seed the next batch a month before harvest of the first?

Any opinions from this huge passionate green fingers bloggers will be widely appreciated.

I will blog my journal to return the good karma . H S.

I was moving my potting supplies to the shed today and saw the soil was organic and had organic slow release nutrients in it. I didn't really know what to look for back then and now I am worried it might be causing some issues with the plants I just put into flower. The plants in flower were some bag seeds I started just to get some experience with before I spent some money on better seeds and I have had issues all along with the edges of the leaves looking orange/rust(see pic). I have been using Raw Nutrients grow formula and adding some humic/kelp every 2 weeks. I had mixed in some Perlite and Peat when I blended the soil also. I figure it's too late to repot the 5 gallon plants in flower but I have some really nice looking plants that are 4 weeks old and when I up size the pots to the final size I want to change the soil. I need some help with a good soil and advice on what I can do when transplanting to try and get as much of the other nutes out of the soil without hurting the plants. I am including a pic of the 4 week old plants also to see if you all think they look okay. Thank you so much for any help you can give a rookie. :thanks

I was moving my potting supplies to the shed today and saw the soil was organic and had organic slow release nutrients in it. I didn't really know what to look for back then and now I am worried it might be causing some issues with the plants I just put into flower. The plants in flower were some bag seeds I started just to get some experience with before I spent some money on better seeds and I have had issues all along with the edges of the leaves looking orange/rust(see pic). I have been using Raw Nutrients grow formula and adding some humic/kelp every 2 weeks. I had mixed in some Perlite and Peat when I blended the soil also. I figure it's too late to repot the 5 gallon plants in flower but I have some really nice looking plants that are 4 weeks old and when I up size the pots to the final size I want to change the soil. I need some help with a good soil and advice on what I can do when transplanting to try and get as much of the other nutes out of the soil without hurting the plants. I am including a pic of the 4 week old plants also to see if you all think they look okay. Thank you so much for any help you can give a rookie. :thanks

Possibly an early potassium deficiency in first pic but I'm not an expert

With slow-release soil flushing it only hurts more as it activates the slow release nutrients...fox farms ocean forest soil is the bees knees when it comes to growing mj in soil...I started my new sprouts in miracle grow an had to transplant to Foxx farms bout 2 weeks in to my grow(slow growth/weird leaves) ....i had an idea of takin my plants (dirt an all) out of existing pots an holding them in a bucket of water (1/2 full) with my hand underneath an slowly wiggling my fingers back an forth (as to not damage the roots) an slowly but surely the dirt would breakup an fall to the bottom of the bucket until i had 90% of the dirt off the roots with just the plant an roots in my hand... almost 100% free from all bad dirt an then transplanted to my new fox farms ocean forest soil.... within two days i noticed a substantial amount of new growth in my plants... they seem to be lovin it... hope this helps you with your transplant... good luck

With slow-release soil flushing it only hurts more as it activates the slow release nutrients...fox farms ocean forest soil is the bees knees when it comes to growing mj in soil...I started my new sprouts in miracle grow an had to transplant to Foxx farms bout 2 weeks in to my grow(slow growth/weird leaves) ....i had an idea of takin my plants (dirt an all) out of existing pots an holding them in a bucket of water (1/2 full) with my hand underneath an slowly wiggling my fingers back an forth (as to not damage the roots) an slowly but surely the dirt would breakup an fall to the bottom of the bucket until i had 90% of the dirt off the roots with just the plant an roots in my hand... almost 100% free from all bad dirt an then transplanted to my new fox farms ocean forest soil.... within two days i noticed a substantial amount of new growth in my plants... they seem to be lovin it... hope this helps you with your transplant... good luck
Experts please correct me if I'm wrong

Well I'm no expert but I did sleep at a holiday inn last night...LMAO. Here's my take and humble opinion. I wish everyone would stop using self release soils especially Miracle Grow. The one simple fact that they over look is this. Time release. The soil already has stuff in it and everyone adds more stuff then asks why is my plant doing this. MG will continue to release stuff through the whole cycle of the soil. And like Canna stated above you can't flush self release because you only release more stuff. Now the argument my be...does it or can it work. Another simple answer is yes of course it works but know what's in the soil before adding more stuff. Your back to square one. Even soils that are designed for marijuana has stuff in it. But the manufactures say no need to add nutrients for at least a month. Seedlings thrive in this and only need water. "Docs" soil is great but I used Nectar For the Gods soil and nutrients. There's even a new up and comer....wait for it...lol. Pushed out by Miracle Grow. "Black Magic" soil and nutrients. In my defense against MG this soil is specifically designed for marijuana. And yes, they say no need to add nutrients for the first month. This is of course my own humble opinion and I would say talk it up and make your own decision. I would pot up with soil that has nothing in it or soil that is designed for marijuana. FYI...the only l issues I have is the plant telling me she hungry.

How much light should I throw over this system to maximize potensial yield?

I have made some graphics. The sizes you see here are correct and relative to each other

So am planning to put two of these systems into a room
l1210.jpg

Two of them = a 32 pot system. The two systems fill up my room pretty good but there is still a little room for me to move around.

main_room.jpg

Am having a 800 watt lamp for each section, so a total of 1600 watt. Am considering to add 4x 200 watt lamps for side lighting. Then I would have a total of 2400 watts around these systems.

What do you think folks? Am planning to use perlite I think in the pots

Can someone help me with a good paper towel or water cup method with percise directions on how to germinate I've had the tap root pop but struggle after that weather to put it in soil how much to water does it need to be hot warm dark ???? Please help I have 5 seeds coming in from gyro seed bank in uk should be here about next week Monday or Tuesday?

I germinate straight into the growing medium. I use a good quality seed and cutting compost and plant the seed directly into the moist soil between 1-2 cm deep and I have very high germination. I've never been a fan of the paper towel method it leaves too much for me to mess up lol

I germinate straight into the growing medium. I use a good quality seed and cutting compost and plant the seed directly into the moist soil between 1-2 cm deep and I have very high germination. I've never been a fan of the paper towel method it leaves too much for me to mess up lol

Adding to what KG said. In my current outdoor grow they were started both ways. Started with 13. 6 in my Aerogarden with the intent to move to soil. Had issues getting the AG to work and immediately dropped another 6-7 in paper towels with the intent to move to soil once they popped. All the AG seeds popped. Lost only 1 paper towel seed. Once I saw the tap root (within 2-3 days) they went to soil. Lost another one from planting...never pushed through. All in all had both methods of germinating growing just fine. Experience and a whole lotta luck. Hydro is my preferred method but have been very successful using paper towel.

Hi I'm having a pH issue
I'm growing in Coco daily feeding drain tell waste. I put in ph 5.8 and I keep getting 6.2 and 6.3 run off
Should I put in 5.5 or 5.4 sense my medium is raising my pH .5?
Or ?

Hi I'm having a pH issue
I'm growing in Coco daily feeding drain tell waste. I put in ph 5.8 and I keep getting 6.2 and 6.3 run off
Or ?

I'll let the coco guys answer the coco question but let me chime in on the PH level. DON'T go low. Remember plants take up different nutrients at different PH levels. Check your graph or scale to see what I'm talking about.

I'm curious to see what others say about the coco.

Looks like balls...well at least one of them...lol. But I would wait a bit. One of my gurls had that area swell up just before her pistils showed themselves. I didn't catch my male till he was full on sacks. They hadn't popped so all was good. He was promptly removed when I found him. You got time.

Two small clones, same mother. I can't figure out why she's like this
420-magazine-mobile1300451169.jpg

The other clone is perfectly fine. Someone please help
420-magazine-mobile1373853518.jpg

5gal fabric pots in soil under two Mars 300. Salts, non organic. Clones taken late April vegged for four weeks.

Two small clones, same mother. I can't figure out why she's like this
420-magazine-mobile1300451169.jpg

The other clone is perfectly fine. Someone please help
420-magazine-mobile1373853518.jpg

5gal fabric pots in soil under two Mars 300. Salts, non organic. Clones taken late April vegged for four weeks.

they both have "the claw" to much nitrogen ... soon they will start showing P and K deficiencies as N-tox usually also locks out P and K

i suggest a good flush .... make sure the ph is at 6.5 - 6.7 ... soil can drift downwards so runoff has to be correct

Hi I'm having a pH issue
Or ?

its abit high and i wonder why it drifts up ... cocos should be perfectly ph neutral ... did you ad micorrhyza ??
i wouldnt go lower then 5.5 on the feeds and i believe the upper limit for cocos is 6.1 ish

Back
Top Bottom