Aussie Grower Intro

DV8

Hi all,

Been cruising around here for quite some time. Thought it best to join to add a little advice and encouragement here and there, and to ask questions where relevant.

So, with that said heres a short background about me. Started back in the 90s with the usual audition of wasting hours with a bunch of friends for laughs. Eventually my best mate got me involved in horticulture of a backyard and indoor nature. My affinity and affection for the plants grew over a couple years, and I went from HPS indoors to soil outdoors.

As we grew up, and apart, I kind of left the scene for family and career. But I missed those days of learning and care and culture. That bond and trust and acts of activism were some of the greatest days Ive had. Great times and great plants.

Turned my hand back to it in a differing form as I settled into suburban life growing magnificent veges and fruits in ammended soils, but its never been quite the same.

Anyhow one of the inlaws wanted some guidance about 3 years back, young fella, and I did a bit of reading and research. The grow scene had exploded with Autos, Leds, vlogs, legalisation, and forums. I brushed up and had a further flush of enthusiasm to not only help him but dive in.

So we arrive here, 2 outdoor seasons and 3 years in working with the young fella (affectionately known as " J"), with much success. Quite the gardener.

Meanwhile Ive kicked off with a small photo outdoors sourced from an old school connection. Not entirely sure what to expect yet, just unfolding in front of me.

If you made it this far thanks for hanging in and dont hesitate to say Hi.

Cheers, DV8.

Hi all,

Been cruising around here for quite some time. Thought it best to join to add a little advice and encouragement here and there, and to ask questions where relevant.

So, with that said heres a short background about me. Started back in the 90s with the usual audition of wasting hours with a bunch of friends for laughs. Eventually my best mate got me involved in horticulture of a backyard and indoor nature. My affinity and affection for the plants grew over a couple years, and I went from HPS indoors to soil outdoors.

As we grew up, and apart, I kind of left the scene for family and career. But I missed those days of learning and care and culture. That bond and trust and acts of activism were some of the greatest days Ive had. Great times and great plants.

Turned my hand back to it in a differing form as I settled into suburban life growing magnificent veges and fruits in ammended soils, but its never been quite the same.

Anyhow one of the inlaws wanted some guidance about 3 years back, young fella, and I did a bit of reading and research. The grow scene had exploded with Autos, Leds, vlogs, legalisation, and forums. I brushed up and had a further flush of enthusiasm to not only help him but dive in.

So we arrive here, 2 outdoor seasons and 3 years in working with the young fella (affectionately known as " J"), with much success. Quite the gardener.

Meanwhile Ive kicked off with a small photo outdoors sourced from an old school connection. Not entirely sure what to expect yet, just unfolding in front of me.

If you made it this far thanks for hanging in and dont hesitate to say Hi.

Cheers, DV8.
Hey @DV8 great screen name. Hehe.
Hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
Your fellow country mates are pretty popular here I'm sure you will meet them.

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @DV8

If I am correct it is summer time down your way; do you have anything growing currently?
Any images?

When your ready, if you want to you can place your grow journal here.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Also, after 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Thanks for the welcome @Bill284 and @Tokin Roll.

Ive seen you around the place quite a bit Bill so appreciate you stopping by to say hi personally.

Tok, having been a member of other forums hopefully the transition here will be a bit easier being the new guy, but appreciate the link in. It is indeed summer, where Im at is on the cusp of some super hot dry weather with multiple days over 100F, not unusual for the post Xmas period for me, and not without its challenges.

Ill consider a journal, not sure I have much to share tbh, most of my time is taken up giving J a helping hand. Down here of course its no secret that being in the scene involves some risk and it can be a fine line to walk.

Got a "for science" project of some late start photo regs, not sure anyone would be interested in following along. In a bit of a weird place in time right now where Im moving in a couple months, after that happens Im sure there will be much more to share.

Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome @Bill284 and @Tokin Roll.

Ive seen you around the place quite a bit Bill so appreciate you stopping by to say hi personally.

Tok, having been a member of other forums hopefully the transition here will be a bit easier being the new guy, but appreciate the link in. It is indeed summer, where Im at is on the cusp of some super hot dry weather with multiple days over 100F, not unusual for the post Xmas period for me, and not without its challenges.

Ill consider a journal, not sure I have much to share tbh, most of my time is taken up giving J a helping hand. Down here of course its no secret that being in the scene involves some risk and it can be a fine line to walk.

Got a "for science" project of some late start photo regs, not sure anyone would be interested in following along. In a bit of a weird place in time right now where Im moving in a couple months, after that happens Im sure there will be much more to share.

Cheers.
Don't be shy we are just friendly voyeurs. Hehe
Here to help and shoot the breeze when we can.
Your journal will be popular I'm sure.
We have enough of your country mates here to keep you occupied.
Honestly you guys are hilarious, feken great. :thumb:
Hopefully you join in the action.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom