Auto Fems - Durban Poison - Northern Lights - Mazar

Quick update 3wks (21days) from seed. Still under 600w & no nutes yet but I think will to start to add some soon. At least one dp & nl have shown pistils & the mazar although small is slowly tagging along.

Day20 NL
nl58.JPG

Day21
qsdd.JPG

Day21
edgh.JPG

Was going to water the plants with mild nutes until I spotted tiny yellow tips on some new leaves which I think is a sign they're getting more than enough, the potting soil has enough npk & trace elements for 4-6wks. I want them to grow as long as possible so will add some veg nutes by next week I think to encourage this...
;)

day24 from seed. Sprayed the leaves with some water/bleach for the first time...want to keep the those pest away for as long as possible! Had to take the plants out so I thought to upload a couple of pics...by the way never spray under the lights!

durban poison:
dp7.JPG

northern lights:
nl59.JPG

:peacetwo:

Water and bleach, huh. Interesting, what's it for,, who you trying to defeat?

I got a northern going,, I'm subbed up to see yours. Good luck!

It was water with a hint of bleach to try & ward off any looming pests, I don't have anything else. Yes some leaves are a bit yellow for my liking & the bottom 2leaves from one dp is crisp & kinda breaking off at the tip (see pic). Not sure why but im thinking either 1) N deficiency 2) nute burn (from soil only as haven't added any) 3) heat stress (was 30-31c with low humidity) or 4) ph fluctuation (runoff was 6.6 today). Does anyone know or have any ideas?

dp:
-.JPG

Imho from what I've seen the curling leaves are a sign of heat stress you're probably running just a little too high unless you have plenty of co2 or fresh air coming into the room from what I can see the yellow and could definitely be N deficiency or also could be a combination of N, P or N, k if all of that is okay its probly sulfur I hope that helps keep up the great work

Imho from what I've seen the curling leaves are a sign of heat stress you're probably running just a little too high unless you have plenty of co2 or fresh air coming into the room from what I can see the yellow and could definitely be N deficiency or also could be a combination of N, P or N, k if all of that is okay its probly sulfur I hope that helps keep up the great work

Thanks grow, yes a mixture of issues just now with heat stress & npk...I lifted the lights up a bit to lower the temps & I opened the window for some co2 last night. In a couple of days ill start adding nutes so hopefully that will do the trick. I watered yesterday so I need to wait until they're dry again...

Water and bleach, huh. Interesting, what's it for,, who you trying to defeat?

I got a northern going,, I'm subbed up to see yours. Good luck!

Well I wish I never used the bleach, I must have put way too much in the water & now most of the leaves have yellow burnt spots. Won't be doing that again...why I didn't just use soap is beyond me, what was I thinking?
:oops:
bleach.JPG

Damn, that looks like some real punishment for the plants!

Tell me about it buddy...on parts of many leaves the outer layer or cuticle was burnt off leaveing the underneath exposed. One of the functions of the cuticle is to protect it from bacteria etc so lets hope they don't catch anyting in future...in any case ill start adding veg nutes very soon, hopefully a good diet will do em good. But yes I know, what an ASS!!
:bravo::welldone:

My drill instructors used to say, with pain comes improvement. Their pain, you'll improve. :(

Seriously, good luck. No more bleach. Bleach is good for white socks, dirty bathrooms, and kitchens, too. Not for plants. But, you don't learn until you do, so now don't. Bleach on plants,,.man, I was wondering what was going to happen..... good Luck bro,, plants are tough...

What you might try now is neem oil. You can foliar with it, or feed it with your watering. It helps with some pests, and it's a good leaf polish. Think of it like wax for your car.

Get some. Your leafs (both of them, kidding) would love you back.... ;)

Good for you for posting what happened.... some folks wouldn't, you might have helped someone ;)

My drill instructors used to say, with pain comes improvement. Their pain, you'll improve. :(

Seriously, good luck. No more bleach. Bleach is good for white socks, dirty bathrooms, and kitchens, too. Not for plants. But, you don't learn until you do, so now don't. Bleach on plants,,.man, I was wondering what was going to happen..... good Luck bro,, plants are tough...

Cheers mass much appreciated. Your right, bleach is best kept for white socks & kitchens! Funny thing is there were no issues with pests whatsoever, was meant as a precaution only which bit me in the ass for being so careless! however I think had I mixed the right amount i.e. 1tbl per gallon it would have been OK...maybe you can try this on yours for me as im done with bleach lol!:laughtwo: They are tough indeed & will get through this pain, will water good with nutes tomo & watch em fight on!

Cheers mass much appreciated. Your right, bleach is best kept for white socks & kitchens! Funny thing is there were no issues with pests whatsoever, was meant as a precaution only which bit me in the ass for being so careless! however I think had I mixed the right amount i.e. 1tbl per gallon it would have been OK...maybe you can try this on yours for me as im done with bleach lol!:laughtwo: They are tough ideed & will get through this pain, will water good with nutes tomo & watch em fight on!

Can't fault ya for trying, being proactive. Neem is a good, safe proactive choice. Not a salesman, just happy as a user. Good luck, live and learn!

Man u need to keep temp 24-28 C when your light on, and you need really fast a humidity machine and if u can buy air cond machine. Your girls and ur next grow gonna be OK.

dont forget humidity and low temp is really important.

Man u need to keep temp 24-28 C when your light on, and you need really fast a humidity machine and if u can buy air cond machine. Your girls and ur next grow gonna be OK.

dont forget humidity and low temp is really important.

Thanks tiara, I know temps are important but alas its very hot where I am & will not be buying an a/c or humidifier. Im curious to see how much heat they can take because eventually i'll grow in a 4x4 tent so I have left the lights very close. Temps have reached 36c which is way too hot obviously but they seem ok just now around 31c. I wonder if ill try to get the temps down further during flower by using another fan or just leaving it at 31c throughtout, mind you with 1000w will be difficult, I know flower is best at 26c or under. But an extra fan is all im prepared to get so will see. More concerned about the bleach incident lol!
:)

Finally added veg nutes so I took some pictures while lights off & its a shame, the leaves are awful looking, I feel terrible for the plants...anyway nutes 1/4 recommmended strength only.

IMG_31719.JPG

IMG_317011.JPG

IMG_316910.JPG

Back
Top Bottom