Auto Fems - Durban Poison - Northern Lights - Mazar

SolMJ

Hello friends,

This is my first indoor grow. Setup as follows;

Strains: 4x auto durban poison (dutch passion), 4x auto northern lights (nirvana) & 1x auto mazar (dutch passion).
Lights: 1000w dimmable, dual spectrum bulb.
Area: open room with 16" fan.
Soil: 80% universal potting soil & 20% white biodegradable stuff you find in boxes (see pic).
Nutes: GHE flora series.
pH: 6-6.5

(day7 from seed). Dimmed to 400w. The mazar is really small so I thought to replace it but im a 'leave no man behind' kinda guy! will let it do its thing & who knows it might surprise us! Feel free to drop in anytime :Namaste:

67664.JPG
Bio_Stuff.JPG
jhjh.JPG

(day14). Mazar is soooo slow, looks like its gonna be a small one. My temps are at 29c, the fan is on its lowest setting so I could get it down even further by turning it up...but then the plants will feel a hurricane. A couple of the DPs actually got flattened as if supercropped by the fan some days ago. Im using a parabolic reflector & its hard to get the fan to blow above the canopy.

day147.JPG
dp5.JPG

Thanks everybody, looking forward to all your comments, advice & criticism. Forgot to say earlier I actually cranked up the lights to 600w after a few days only of 400w. I think 1000w is too much light at this stage, at least according my lux meter. Haven't added any nutes yet, will wait until 4 nodes for that. But I did water the full pot on most of them for the first time last night...about 1ltr of pHd water.

I really want to try fabric pots myself; Ive heard so many good things about them. Never grown autos myself, I have seen some weird colored strains I may wish to try (red poison for example). Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from your grow before trying myself.
Good luck SolMJ, I will follow your grow closely.

Thanks roach, auto's are quite cool but 9 plants is hard graft, would prefer to grow 4 or 6 photo's & veg longer. Thats what I plan on doing next. But so far so good with these auto's, hope they turn out to be quality. Yes the fabric pots are excellent, hard to get root rot in those, plus more co2...what more could you want from your MJ pot?? :laughtwo:

Day18 from seed. Quick update with some pics. Still no nutes yet only pH'd water, so far so good except the mazar is taking its time to get going!

trgd.JPG
nl57.JPG
dp6.JPG

I was a little worried with the static 16" fan constantly hitting the canopy, & indeed a couple of seedlings did get flattened as if supercropped but check out the stems! I never had em so thick by day18 (from seed).
:woohoo:
stem12.JPG
tr5.JPG

Very nice start hope u don't mind if I tag along for the ride not growing yet but hopefully all goes well will be soon heard great things about the Mazar I really would not count it I know it will be in my first grow and it will be auto so I'm always excited to find a new journal especially so early on in the grow I did want to ask what size pots you have them in besides that I wish you the best of luck for big fat sugar cover nugs :goodjob::thumb:

Very nice start hope u don't mind if I tag along for the ride not growing yet but hopefully all goes well will be soon heard great things about the Mazar I really would not count it I know it will be in my first grow and it will be auto so I'm always excited to find a new journal especially so early on in the grow I did want to ask what size pots you have them in besides that I wish you the best of luck for big fat sugar cover nugs :goodjob::thumb:

Thanks grow, I was looking forward to the mazar but its off to a slow start compared to the other's...I don't know if it got stunted at the start or the seed simply wasnt as vigorous. Hopefully it will turn out alright though. Using 11Ltr pots. When do you think you'll start your grow & what kinda setup u looking at? hope its soon!
:welcome:

Looking good Sol. Really like the setup. I am along for the ride. Can't wait to see what those NL can do under that 1000w. :)
:goodjob:

Thanks shadow, the NLs are looking good so far I hope it continues this way. Still haven't added any nutes even though most are on their 4/5th node.
:welcome:

Honestly it probably won't be for a year one the main reasons is space another thing I'm hoping for it to pass I live in a state where it will be on the ballot this year 2015 but if not I'll still be starting my amazing journey with this wonderful plant I've been looking at a couple tents probably have a 5x5 bloom room and a 4x4veg or starting room I really want to do autos probably for a good year or more so I really probably won't really need a Veg room but I want to do 6-8plants at first and as I hone my skills I'm will probably just do 4 plants half is going to be in 5 gallon DWC buckets and the other half are going to be in 5 gallon hempy buckets probably with the 70/30 Coco/perlite mix all will be under the same nutrients schedule I love a kiss method something simple but yet give the plants everything they need without having to use 20 products I have been thinking of Maxi grow and maxibloom as base (I've read maybe to just use maxibloom for the Indica), Floralicious, koolbloom, rapid root or supertrive, maybe diamond nectar, but definitely Pro-Silicate, and Florasheild as additives most everything else will be tweaking the environment getting the right fan,make homemade A/C, co2 bags etc will probably be just 1000 watt light hps and also a t5 setup after that I'd love to set up a greenhouse of some sort or just some kind of outdoor growing space and getting into organic a couple strain i want is white widow, bubba kush, og kush, a true haze, cheese , blue berry, northern lights, ak47, mazar, think diffrent, and more I def am a person who loves to be prepared that's why I'm not sweating this year because I have done a little research in the past nothing like these last 3-4months and it's all thanks to this site and great growers like yourself sorry for the rant I did not mean to take up so much space

Honestly it probably won't be for a year one the main reasons is space another thing I'm hoping for it to pass I live in a state where it will be on the ballot this year 2015 but if not I'll still be starting my amazing journey with this wonderful plant I've been looking at a couple tents probably have a 5x5 bloom room and a 4x4veg or starting room I really want to do autos probably for a good year or more so I really probably won't really need a Veg room but I want to do 6-8plants at first and as I hone my skills I'm will probably just do 4 plants half is going to be in 5 gallon DWC buckets and the other half are going to be in 5 gallon hempy buckets probably with the 70/30 Coco/perlite mix all will be under the same nutrients schedule I love a kiss method something simple but yet give the plants everything they need without having to use 20 products I have been thinking of Maxi grow and maxibloom as base (I've read maybe to just use maxibloom for the Indica), Floralicious, koolbloom, rapid root or supertrive, maybe diamond nectar, but definitely Pro-Silicate, and Florasheild as additives most everything else will be tweaking the environment getting the right fan,make homemade A/C, co2 bags etc will probably be just 1000 watt light hps and also a t5 setup after that I'd love to set up a greenhouse of some sort or just some kind of outdoor growing space and getting into organic a couple strain i want is white widow, bubba kush, og kush, a true haze, cheese , blue berry, northern lights, ak47, mazar, think diffrent, and more I def am a person who loves to be prepared that's why I'm not sweating this year because I have done a little research in the past nothing like these last 3-4months and it's all thanks to this site and great growers like yourself sorry for the rant I did not mean to take up so much space

No probs grow your always welcome here, hope your state legalises the plant that way you can grow in the open without fear of getting caught. Im still shocked that people get arrested & treated like criminals for a plant, but thats another story. Your setup idea is quite ambitious with dwc veg & flower room...then a greenhouse? if you have the space & time then by all means but otherwise you'll be able to grow very nice juicy plants in a 5x5 under 1000w - eventually i'll probably get a 4x4 tent for my indoors. Auto's will certainly be a good starting point, you can sit back a bit more & watch how they grow/react to different elements.
:thumb:

Thank you very much people in this state are hungry for the legalization of cannabis there have been people who had to move out the state so they can get their child the medical treatment that they need I have been out with chronic pain and a mother with cancer it's been a roller coaster to say the least but as long as everything goes great this will be the last year and the greenhouse is really because I want to grow regular vegetables and herbs outside growing up always helped out my grandmother and parents with the garden it's in my blood I just can't wait to start growing out this plant but for now I'ma sit back and enjoy the show

Back
Top Bottom