Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

nope heat it sitting pretty right now at 77 degrees. Humidity bounces between 50-70% through the day. I know this is bad and we both have started to flower a bit. Will bigger clip fans help at all?

Yeah, you have a problem. In veg up to 70ish might be ok but now it's to high. I had my tents get up to 72 percent and got mold on the top of my pots and at the bottom where the roots were poking out. A single spraying of some mold stuff my grow shop sold me cured the mold but at my end I had to bring the humidity down. More intake air + more exhaust (venting my tents) + making sure my basement dehumidifier was running to keep it down at 50%= happy plants and no more mold.

Hey guys quick question im gonna flush my lady tonight to get her ph back in control. She is in a 5 gallon pot,how many gallons should i flush with?

Id go twice the bucket size, use a weak nute solution.

Hi! I'm new here. Built this one the last few weeks. Currently waiting for Fast Eddy Auto seeds :)
420-magazine-mobile1228260689.jpg

Air intake at the bottom.
It measures about 140cmx50cmx45cm inside the refrigerator. Going with 250hps.
First time grow!

Hey guys quick question im gonna flush my lady tonight to get her ph back in control. She is in a 5 gallon pot,how many gallons should i flush with?
Flush til water us transparent. Then slowly add Nutes.

Hi! I'm new here. Built this one the last few weeks. Currently waiting for Fast Eddy Auto seeds :)
420-magazine-mobile1228260689.jpg

Air intake at the bottom.
It measures about 140cmx50cmx45cm inside the refrigerator. Going with 250hps.
First time grow!

Do you have a journal started yet?

good evening friends,so i'm having really bad humidity issues. We are growing in a tent,we have 2 fans circulating plus a exhaust with an 8 inch fan. Any help or ideas? Also the humidifier has been shut off,and it still wont drop.

It doesn't matter how many or what size fans you have circulating air, that won't change your humidity levels one bit. It all depends on the humidity of the air going into your tent and the volume of air extracted.

I've been having issues with humidity as well and my efforts to date to control it have not been successful. I've had humidity levels up into the 80s, even though the exterior humidity is less than 50%, which has not really been too much of problem as the outside vs inside temperatures have not been too bad. The only time this really becomes an issue is when the exterior temps drop and they're going to over the next week. Although I've managed to stabilise humidity at around 65%,even still,when the exterior of the tent hits dew point, the moisture from the air will condense on the tent walls and this is when mould can be an issue inside the tent.

I have a 4 x 4 x 7 tent, giving a total volume of 112 cubic feet. They say you should exchange the air in your tent every 3 minutes so I bought an extractor advertised as extracting 5297.2 cubic feet per hour, that is 264 cubic feet every 3 minutes. The user manual that came with it tells a different story and says it extracts 2895.8 to 3602.1 cu ft per hour (145 - 180 cu ft every 3 minutes. I also have a carbon filter which will reduce efficiency by about 20%, so that leaves me right on the edge of the recommendations. I would say the 3 minute mark is way too conservative for controlling high humidity so I am looking at now getting an extractor with at least triple the capacity.

If your rh only occasionally hits 70%, but stays around 50%, you really won't have an issue, however, understand that warmer temperatures allow the air to carry more moisture, so the warmer it is, the more humid it can be and 77 F allows the air to hold a great deal of moisture! Also, understand if the temperature differential between the outside air and air inside your tent is too high, the moisture will condense on the tent walls.

It doesn't matter how many or what size fans you have circulating air, that won't change your humidity levels one bit. It all depends on the humidity of the air going into your tent and the volume of air extracted.

I've been having issues with humidity as well and my efforts to date to control it have not been successful. I've had humidity levels up into the 80s, even though the exterior humidity is less than 50%, which has not really been too much of problem as the outside vs inside temperatures have not been too bad. The only time this really becomes an issue is when the exterior temps drop and they're going to over the next week. Although I've managed to stabilise humidity at around 65%, when the exterior of the tent hits dew point, the moisture from the air will condense on the tent walls and this is when mould can be an issue inside the tent.

I have a 4 x 4 x 7 tent, giving a total volume of 112 cubic feet. They say you should exchange the air in your tent every 3 minutes so I bought an extractor advertised as extracting 5297.2 cubic feet per hour, that is 264 cubic feet every 3 minutes. The user manual that came with it tells a different story and says it extracts 2895.8 to 3602.1 cu ft per hour (145 - 180 cu ft every 3 minutes. I also have a carbon filter which will reduce efficiency by about 20%, so that leaves me right on the edge of the recommendations. I would say the 3 minute mark is way too conservative for controlling high humidity so I am looking at now getting an extractor with at least triple the capacity.

If your rh only occasionally hits 70%, but stays around 50%, you really won't have an issue, however, understand that warmer temperatures allow the air to carry more moisture, so the warmer it is, the more humid it can be and 77 F allows the air to hold a great deal of moisture! Also, understand if the temperature differential between the outside air and air inside your tent is too high, the moisture will condense on the tent walls.
Wow green that was alot of knowledge. Good stuff,a bit complicated I have a much smaller grow than you. I'm thinking our instruments our screwed up I ordered some new equipment last night to see if I can get a better reading. 1 meter is saying 45% the other 80%. The new rh temp meter should be here on Sunday.

Have fun with the Fast Eddy Seeds, mine are just starting to flower. A heads up, their first set of leaves grow out to be so wide and long that you will think the seeds are not marijuana.

Wow green that was alot of knowledge. Good stuff,a bit complicated I have a much smaller grow than you. I'm thinking our instruments our screwed up I ordered some new equipment last night to see if I can get a better reading. 1 meter is saying 45% the other 80%. The new rh temp meter should be here on Sunday.

I wish my hygrometer was screwed up, but I can tell that it is very humid. I just added another LED panel, which has lifted the temps a bit to the high 70s, but has also increased humidity. I have already had issues with condensation when the outside temps drop and also had mould develop around the bottom of the tent walls (the steel frame conducts the cold thus exacerbating the problem). Until I get myself a more powerful exhaust, I'm going to have to keep the tent flaps open as much as I can, but my girl's perfume is getting stronger every day!

I wish my hygrometer was screwed up, but I can tell that it is very humid. I just added another LED panel, which has lifted the temps a bit to the high 70s, but has also increased humidity. I have already had issues with condensation when the outside temps drop and also had mould develop around the bottom of the tent walls (the steel frame conducts the cold thus exacerbating the problem). Until I get myself a more powerful exhaust, I'm going to have to keep the tent flaps open as much as I can, but my girl's perfume is getting stronger every day!
Best of luck green I know the struggle I'm dealing with not only humidity issues but also ph as well. Its the never ending nightmare......

Back
Top Bottom