Autos in the winter? Outdoors?

In my opinion (and experience), the main advantage of Autos is that you have up to 24 hours to get the necessary DLI.

Yeah, I always kind of figured they were good for two things: Helping unscrupulous LED sellers (which is 95% of them, IMHO) sell product to the newbies and poor folks whilst having them end up thinking they weren't bent over a chair... and for bringing in either an early crop in southern locations or bringing in A crop in northern ones.

But I've become a realist cynic.

I got a 5000 lumen 40w=350w 4000k light today. It's kina like this one but with the specs i listed(i dont have the package of that one), would this be enough for 3 autos +taking them out in the warmest hours?

Attachments

• IMG_20191003_174652.jpg
    IMG_20191003_174652.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 34
Grow lights are measured in PPFD, lumens tell you how bright a light looks to the human eye. Ppfd measures how well a light will drive photosynthesis. Talk to @SmokeSara about what you need for your space. She’s a factory rep for Mars Hydro.

Grow lights are measured in PPFD, lumens tell you how bright a light looks to the human eye. Ppfd measures how well a light will drive photosynthesis. Talk to @SmokeSara about what you need for your space. She’s a factory rep for Mars Hydro.
Oh well, guess I'm an idiot lol, i bought the one with most lumens being sure it would be the best one lol, another question, what would be better, one 50w light, or, for example, 5 10w lights? About the color, will 4000k do? Or is warmer better?

If this is really the crisis it's being made to be, would it not be better to more wisely spend your money?

Don't get me wrong, I get that spending money isn't great and not everyone can just drop a small chunk, but let's be honest here; is this something worth your time and effort? Is it worth doing right, or would you rather just put some money in a pile and burn it?

Stop buying things on a whim (akin to putting money in a pile and burning it) and check out the Mars Hydro lights. They are on the budget end, but will get you where you need to be and in much better shape than these little bulbs you're buying.

They have the right spectrum, put out a decent amount of light, and will last you a long time. Specifically, check out the TS-1000 as mentioned earlier.

Amazon, local hydro shop, or direct from the mars website. Why buy 5 15€ bulbs when the TS-1000 is only about 100€ or so? That TS-1000 is money well spent. The others, not so much.

If this is really the crisis it's being made to be, would it not be better to more wisely spend your money?

Don't get me wrong, I get that spending money isn't great and not everyone can just drop a small chunk, but let's be honest here; is this something worth your time and effort? Is it worth doing right, or would you rather just put some money in a pile and burn it?

Stop buying things on a whim (akin to putting money in a pile and burning it) and check out the Mars Hydro lights. They are on the budget end, but will get you where you need to be and in much better shape than these little bulbs you're buying.

They have the right spectrum, put out a decent amount of light, and will last you a long time. Specifically, check out the TS-1000 as mentioned earlier.

Amazon, local hydro shop, or direct from the mars website. Why buy 5 15€ bulbs when the TS-1000 is only about 100€ or so? That TS-1000 is money well spent. The others, not so much.
I just didn't wanna buy something i was never gonna use again, cause this is the only time i will grow semi in doors... So if i bought a regular light, i would get some use from it later

You never know, right? Worst possible scenario is you could use it, then sell it off and get most of your money back.

But really, whether a bulb or panel, if you're not going to use one grow light again, you wouldn't use the other.

Grams vs ounces. Up to you.

I just didn't wanna buy something i was never gonna use again, cause this is the only time i will grow semi in doors... So if i bought a regular light, i would get some use from it later

Do you germinate seeds indoors? Perhaps keep your seedlings inside? The TS-1000 would be great for this.

Perhaps you are thinking of starting some autos inside for an early harvest. You may be able to start them at the beginning of May to put out in mid June, and harvest in late July, or early August. The TS-1000 would be great for this too.

You can start photoperiods in April, to put out in June to grow larger plants. This is yet another great application for the Mars Hydro TS-1000.

These are just a few suggestions of ways you can use the TS-1000 to maximize the results of your outdoor grows. It won't go to waste.

this is the only time i will grow semi in doors.

I said something like that, once. I remember, it was just... right back in...

1989 :rofl:.

"Yeah, okay, maybe I'll do it a few more times... ;)"

Do you germinate seeds indoors? Perhaps keep your seedlings inside? The TS-1000 would be great for this.

Perhaps you are thinking of starting some autos inside for an early harvest. You may be able to start them at the beginning of May to put out in mid June, and harvest in late July, or early August. The TS-1000 would be great for this too.

You can start photoperiods in April, to put out in June to grow larger plants. This is yet another great application for the Mars Hydro TS-1000.

These are just a few suggestions of ways you can use the TS-1000 to maximize the results of your outdoor grows. It won't go to waste.
do i need a tent? or is reflective material enough?

I said something like that, once. I remember, it was just... right back in...

1989 :rofl:.

"Yeah, okay, maybe I'll do it a few more times... ;)"
i mean, i don't see any single advantage of growing indoors if you can grow outdoors, growing outdoors is free, and if you live in a warm country like i, will actually get you way bigger plants.... why grow 100 grams each time when i can grow 400? (just making numbers up) the only advantage is growing off season, but i wouldn't need to do so if someone didn't steal my outdoors grow. (it's my first grow, so i didn't have any weed to smoke) next time i'll grow about 300grams which should last me well over a year (i'm not a heavy smoker, i smoke to deal with insomnia and stress)

do i need a tent? or is reflective material enough? i don't really wanna get one. is there something that uses less than 1000w? that plus the oven is enough for the current counter to pop (3kw)

You don't need a tent. Someone here is growing in a wardrobe moving box with reflective material on the walls.

The TS-1000 only draws 150W.

You don't need a tent. Someone here is growing in a wardrobe moving box with reflective material on the walls.

The TS-1000 only draws 150W.
ok thanks, i guess i'll buy it, can temperature drops hurt cannabis? for example, 25c indoors, then i put them outdoors where it's gonna be 15c and i'll only put them there in the warmest hours to get sunlight

ok thanks, i guess i'll buy it, can temperature drops hurt cannabis? for example, 25c indoors, then i put them outdoors where it's gonna be 15c and i'll only put them there in the warmest hours to get sunlight

She should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom