Bag flush

Be sure to follow up directly after flushing with a gallon of full feed pH’d to 6.2.
This is not actually necessary. I know there are people out there that say you are hurting your plants by doing this, but this assumption is simply incorrect. The flush is actually just a good watering, and there is no need to adjust the pH since there are no nutes that need to be in that certain range. Let the plants dry out as normal after a water only watering, and then resume with the feeding the next time you water, always adjusting pH from then on because you ARE dealing with nutes from that point forward.

This is not actually necessary. I know there are people out there that say you are hurting your plants by doing this, but this assumption is simply incorrect. The flush is actually just a good watering, and there is no need to adjust the pH since there are no nutes that need to be in that certain range. Let the plants dry out as normal after a water only watering, and then resume with the feeding the next time you water, always adjusting pH from then on because you ARE dealing with nutes from that point forward.
Hmmm…
I’m guessing that feed afterwards is only when we do a soil “reset” and not when we flush?

Hmmm…
I’m guessing that feed afterwards is only when we do a soil “reset” and not when we flush?
I have always done my flush/soil reset on a plain watering day, and I have never seen a need to feed in that same session. Some "guru" put it out here a few years ago that somehow all that water messed up the soil pH and wrecked the cation exchange capacity, but it was pure speculation and had no science at all behind it, he just wanted to sound like a "guru." Now, after all these years, his misconception has persisted in the growing lore and now reached you. This is what drives me the most crazy in this realm, how a little bit of bad information given on YouTube can ruin so many grows for years to come in forums all over the globe. The same thing has happened with those who claim you should never pH adjust or never flush... a bit of bad information can be very harmful to an ever widening audience.

There is essentially no difference between a flush watering and a regular watering except that on the flush there is no need to adjust the pH because there no nutes being given and none stored in the soil after the flush. The plants and the soil do not care what the pH is... the only reason we adjust pH is so that our nutes can break free of their salt chelation bonds and become mobile in the soil and available to the plants. If you are not giving chelated nutes, there is no need to pH adjust, in most cases.

Well I got a real flush in this time Im planning on leaving them alone for 2-3 days . It Has a lot of burnt leaves now, This is a ignorance issue I really hope I get it this time . if not it could be Potassium, Phouspfurous or a calcium deficiency I have learned about Banana Tea and several other remedies for issues I'm sure I don't have, it is like working on a car with a bad headlight it is a fuse,or the switch may be the wiring no its the light bulb always the last one you pick. Yeah I'm HighI just related a sick plant to a burnt light bulb and it makes sense to me. Fingers crossed Ill update in a day or so and see what I got
Thx again

I have always done my flush/soil reset on a plain watering day, and I have never seen a need to feed in that same session. Some "guru" put it out here a few years ago that somehow all that water messed up the soil pH and wrecked the cation exchange capacity, but it was pure speculation and had no science at all behind it, he just wanted to sound like a "guru." Now, after all these years, his misconception has persisted in the growing lore and now reached you. This is what drives me the most crazy in this realm, how a little bit of bad information given on YouTube can ruin so many grows for years to come in forums all over the globe. The same thing has happened with those who claim you should never pH adjust or never flush... a bit of bad information can be very harmful to an ever widening audience.

I was confused because I could have sworn I got the reset process from you a couple years ago, so I went back and found this.
I just feed another 5.5g this morning (close to 1gal). Should I run a few gallons of clean water, then a gallon of 4.5g/gal for this one plant?

Since part of the MC base is plain old fashioned nutrients that stay in the soil, I like this idea, and then that would reset everything and start you off at the newly adjusted level of MC. I would be a little more creative with how this should be done however, since a good bit of water/nutrient is immediately sucked up by the plant when you start watering. I would modify this proposed method to adjust to the new level by mixing up that gallon of nutrient water, but only use half of it at the end as you propose. The first half gallon of 4.5g water should be applied as you begin this watering/flushing/feeding session, and then wait 10 minutes or so before you move a few gallons of plain cleansing water through. Finish up by running that last half gallon of nutrients into and out of the soil. She will end up well fed, cleansed and with plenty left over in the soil for a midnight snack.

I’ve been doing it this way ever since (minus the feeding first) and haven’t had any issues. To me running a fresh set of nutes in after a flush does provide the plants that “extra snack” in case they needed it…. sounded logical to me. I like how you put it in the past better, so I’ll stick with it. Lol!

I started going in at 6.2 in hopes to pick up a tad bit more Magnesium. A few strains I run seem to be very magnesium hungry, so I lowered it some and haven’t seen the issues (as bad) since.

I was supplementing with 2-0-0 CalMag but kept fighting Nitro tox with other strains, so now I do less CalMag 3mL vs. 5mL/gal every other feed, stick with 5g/gal max MC, .25-.5g/gal Sweet Candy depending on if I’m using CalMag.

In my head…
The 2-0-0 supplements the .5g more MC that I’d normally run (5.5g/gal) on the N side.
When running 5.5g/gal MC plus .5mL CalMag I had issue after issue if you remember. The 6.2 thing might be coincidental, but I think I finally found a system that works for all my favorite strains. We’ll see next time I run all 4 at once.

I was confused because I could have sworn I got the reset process from you a couple years ago, so I went back and found this.

I’ve been doing it this way ever since (minus the feeding first) and haven’t had any issues. To me running a fresh set of nutes in after a flush does provide the plants that “extra snack” in case they needed it…. sounded logical to me. I like how you put it in the past better, so I’ll stick with it. Lol!

I started going in at 6.2 in hopes to pick up a tad bit more Magnesium. A few strains I run seem to be very magnesium hungry, so I lowered it some and haven’t seen the issues (as bad) since.

I was supplementing with 2-0-0 CalMag but kept fighting Nitro tox with other strains, so now I do less CalMag 3mL vs. 5mL/gal every other feed, stick with 5g/gal max MC, .25-.5g/gal Sweet Candy depending on if I’m using CalMag.

In my head…
The 2-0-0 supplements the .5g more MC that I’d normally run (5.5g/gal) on the N side.
When running 5.5g/gal MC plus .5mL CalMag I had issue after issue if you remember. The 6.2 thing might be coincidental, but I think I finally found a system that works for all my favorite strains. We’ll see next time I run all 4 at once.
MC grows are different. You are not supposed to do a lot of things in MC grows, including flushing or at any time giving plain water. A flush in an MC grow is an emergency reset move, and yes you should follow up with nutrient at the beginning and the end of your flush so that the grow never goes without some MC in the system. Giving plain water in an MC grow is asking to have multiple deficiencies immediately show up. This emergency reset flush should never have to happen in an MC grow and this procedure can not be used as an example of a flush in the normal synthetic nutrient world... we are talking apples and oranges here. This emergency procedure is unique to an MC grow.

You also were in that other camp that ran MC much differently than GLN, or I after learning the system, recommended. That camp believed strongly in giving external calmag... I did not and I saw that as detrimental to the grow. That group believed in pH adjusting an MC grow... I did not, vegan nutrient technology didn't need to be pH adjusted.

Emilya you have been so helpful. I will flush for real and let you know how things go
thank you
Follow Em's advice & everything will turn around for you. I think she's one of the most knowledgeable growers on this site. She taught me to grow about 5 years ago. When I follow her advice I have great grows. When I try other things, let's just say things seem to go south. I just went through the flush thing a week ago. My plant looks 100 times better today & is growing nicely now. I used 15 gallons of Tap Water. First 12 gallons were straight from the Tap. Last 3 gal. I Ph to 6.3. An hour after the flush I fed 1 gal. of nutes at the correct mix. Everything looks great now.

Follow Em's advice & everything will turn around for you. I think she's one of the most knowledgeable growers on this site. She taught me to grow about 5 years ago. When I follow her advice I have great grows. When I try other things, let's just say things seem to go south. I just went through the flush thing a week ago. My plant looks 100 times better today & is growing nicely now. I used 15 gallons of Tap Water.
I 1000% agree here.

First 12 gallons were straight from the Tap. Last 3 gal. I Ph to 6.3. An hour after the flush I fed 1 gal. of nutes at the correct mix. Everything looks great now.
This is they way I’ve been doing it for years, but Em is saying this is wrong and no need to pH the water, nor feed after the flush.

I have always done my flush/soil reset on a plain watering day, and I have never seen a need to feed in that same session.

There is essentially no difference between a flush watering and a regular watering except that on the flush there is no need to adjust the pH because there no nutes being given and none stored in the soil after the flush.

This is where confusion set in for me.

I know MC was different, so I figured there were gotchas with it, but I’ve always flushed with pH’d water then feed.

I live in VA Im guess you guys' mornings are you guys about the same wake-up check plants, check the forum, check the bank, check e-mail Grab coffee start work (lucky guy works at home) not only noob grower also in training for househusband Ill be 61 next month as I get older I get wisdom I have enough wisdom to know I don't know squat. you guys really don't know How much I appreciate it. this morning the girls look better most of everything is reaching for the light I still have a lot of burnt leave on my 1 plant.we just got legalized for 4 plants so im in a 4x4 tent so Im guessing you guys have a few more so I have to adjust what you guys use to equate to my 4 plant would mind telling me how many girls you care for and where they live? Bags ? pots?ect
.I had been watering about a gallon between all 4 every day ( Emily Im starting with you watering guide now)that's an entirely different post. Ill post a pic today of my problem child right now I Need coffee

Have a great day :bong:
thx again

I live in VA Im guess you guys' mornings are you guys about the same wake-up check plants, check the forum, check the bank, check e-mail Grab coffee start work (lucky guy works at home) not only noob grower also in training for househusband Ill be 61 next month as I get older I get wisdom I have enough wisdom to know I don't know squat. you guys really don't know How much I appreciate it. this morning the girls look better most of everything is reaching for the light I still have a lot of burnt leave on my 1 plant.we just got legalized for 4 plants so im in a 4x4 tent so Im guessing you guys have a few more so I have to adjust what you guys use to equate to my 4 plant would mind telling me how many girls you care for and where they live? Bags ? pots?ect
.I had been watering about a gallon between all 4 every day ( Emily Im starting with you watering guide now)that's an entirely different post. Ill post a pic today of my problem child right now I Need coffee

thx again
If your feed 4 or 40 it's the same feed.
You don't need to adjust for size.
Mix your nutrients full strength set ph to 6.3 and feed as needed.
I'm in Ontario but spent much of my high-school days hanging out in Richmond VA.
Cliff diving , white water rafting in West VA.
Football, keg party's I loved it there.
Bridge day was awesome back in the 80's ;)
You been?

Stay safe
Bill

thx again
I usually run between 4 and 6. Generally with photoperiod plants (maybe autos too) you want to allow 24”x24” per plant.

I go from a short solo cup to 1 gallon plastic to 5 gallon felt. Autos you plant straight into the final pot.

Watering really depends on the plants and what cycle they’re in. If you read Ems watering guide you’ll be set. Keep in mind Veg watering differs from Flower, where in Flower you don’t let you soil dry all the way out as you would in Veg.

In Flower I’m running 1-2 gallons per plant a day depending how far I’m in. Week 6 in Flower I’m running 2 gallons per plant almost every other day. It could probably be a gallon per each day, but I let the pot dry up 2/3s before I feed again.

EFC3E95B-46E1-4997-94D0-78111AB34494.jpeg

E5B633BA-125B-4134-A1B3-6166CF8B63DB.jpeg

72075E68-401A-4110-845F-617F773A9C06.jpeg

ABCCDB2E-B4B6-494B-853F-6BCC36DC431C.jpeg

If your feed 4 or 40 it's the same feed.
You don't need to adjust for size.
Mix your nutrients full strength set ph to 6.3 and feed as needed.
I'm in Ontario but spent much of my high-school days hanging out in Richmond VA.
Cliff diving , white water rafting in West VA.
Football, keg party's I loved it there.
Bridge day was awesome back in the 80's ;)
You been?

Stay safe
Bill
I live in Richmond Lakeside lol small world

I usually run between 4 and 6. Generally with photoperiod plants (maybe autos too) you want to allow 24”x24” per plant.

I go from a short solo cup to 1 gallon plastic to 5 gallon felt. Autos you plant straight into the final pot.

Watering really depends on the plants and what cycle they’re in. If you read Ems watering guide you’ll be set. Keep in mind Veg watering differs from Flower, where in Flower you don’t let you soil dry all the way out as you would in Veg.

In Flower I’m running 1-2 gallons per plant a day depending how far I’m in. Week 6 in Flower I’m running 2 gallons per plant almost every other day. It could probably be a gallon per each day, but I let the pot dry up 2/3s before I feed again.

EFC3E95B-46E1-4997-94D0-78111AB34494.jpeg

E5B633BA-125B-4134-A1B3-6166CF8B63DB.jpeg

72075E68-401A-4110-845F-617F773A9C06.jpeg

ABCCDB2E-B4B6-494B-853F-6BCC36DC431C.jpeg
what did you take your Pics with I have to take mine out of tent or everything is burple the best thing I could do is get pics like that of my bad spots I have a microscope(usb) see a pimple on a Gnats butt but I aint looking at Gnat pimple and it is way over powered the most it shows is a quarter inch i square and my phone s21 suppose to be really good maybe I need to have more light outside the tent ot put a light in my tent .well a normal light

quick question when I do dare to start adding anything am I safe to ad Cal plus to a few waterings and a dose of banana tea (I read boiling banana peel) let cool for a day will help take care of low potassium? on a sdide note went to the doctor and he took my blood im diabetic any way the only thing he found was my potassium was low too. Maybe it isn't what we eat Maybe we are what we grow?

I start fertilizing in the very first week of life. There are no rules... you can do it whenever you want. Boiling banana peels will give you a little potassium, and you will get even more by fermenting it for 21 days. Don't add calmag unless you know you have a cal or a mag problem. Too much mag in your soil can really be detrimental to your grow. Let me see a picture of a leaf, still attached, that you feel shows a Ca or Mg deficiency.

what did you take your Pics with I have to take mine out of tent or everything is burple the best thing I could do is get pics like that of my bad spots I have a microscope(usb) see a pimple on a Gnats butt but I aint looking at Gnat pimple and it is way over powered the most it shows is a quarter inch i square and my phone s21 suppose to be really good maybe I need to have more light outside the tent ot put a light in my tent .well a normal light
It’s an IPhone 11 Pro. Nothing special just portrait mode.

ok I got some pics , man I am shaky like an old person and it was not as easy to get up the tree stand this yr , and I gotta figure out how to hide my receding hairline with my ponytail. But I Swear I AM GONNA GROW SOME AWESOME WEED AND TAKE IT OFF THE BUCKET LIST (first-time online cap rant) Seriously though Ill post some picks over coffee and show what's happening

Emilya

what makes me think it is a calcium deficiency LOL to be honest in my noobness I read an article about burn problems and they had a list of 25 possible issues I knew I had to have at least 18-23 of them. the Pics will tell more

have a good night or good morning
where ever

OK LET ME TRY THIS 1 is my problem child you can see the leaves that are burnt and a microscope shot of a burn spot. the next 3 are my wife's plant all I did was feed it she wouldn't let me LST or anything else the only thing I could is feed it and of course, it got the same thing very minor (think Ill ever hear the end of that) she is a Molasses and water grower I want to harvest it. I am afraid it isn't quite ready yet the trichomes are white but I ain't seeing amber * let me ask this question can I do a partial harvest and get the ripe buds and let the lower go for a few days or so and the last one is my problem child Btw #1 the tall one is Debra my wife plant name is jael and the dwarf which isn't shown is Ester and yes at times I will sing to them that might be the problem (never wanna hear me sing) and I night we do have an in-depth conversation, long walks in the park and just spending time together *everything is true up to the walks in the park that might me exaggerated But they do listen to Irish/Celtic symphony music at night. yeah I might be a little weird 47yrs of THC intake along with other stuff thru the years would make anyone strange. let me know what ya think or if ya need more pics
thank you all very much

Back
Top Bottom