Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

The Ayahuasca Purple does look pretty white. Maybe it's the soil or maybe it's just her. We'll find out shortly no doubt.

I've been looking forward to the Purple Punch as much as you where with the Wedding Cake. I'm wondering how to remove her from here and put her into the larger net pot. It's going to be a moment of much concentration lol

Why are you moving it to a bigger net pot? I only use the small 3 inch ones and they work a treat. If it’s to fit your dwc bucket I’d just plant the net pot it’s in inside the bigger pot as not to risk snapping the seedling.

The Ayahuasca Purple does look pretty white. Maybe it's the soil or maybe it's just her. We'll find out shortly no doubt.

I've been looking forward to the Purple Punch as much as you where with the Wedding Cake. I'm wondering how to remove her from here and put her into the larger net pot. It's going to be a moment of much concentration lol
Have you considered starting them in rooter plugs and then placing in the DWC! I like your crushed stone idea but the transplant scares even me!! Lol :eek:

Why are you moving it to a bigger net pot? I only use the small 3 inch ones and they work a treat. If it’s to fit your dwc bucket I’d just plant the net pot it’s in inside the bigger pot as not to risk snapping the seedling.
My thinking was to avoid destroying the small net pot which is from my cloner. I'm pretty sure that the roots will tare it to pieces in a couple months time. I'm a cheapskate at the moment Lew lol
Have you considered starting them in rooter plugs and then placing in the DWC! I like your crushed stone idea but the transplant scares even me!! Lol :eek:
I did indeed and normally use the root!t plugs but like I just said to Lew, I'm being cheap at the moment. Let's just say that your DINK method is probably better for growing, both with time and funds lol

I've just given the 4 veg plants a watering to see how it is absorbed by the medium. I've only given them half of what I'd normally give them in pots of this size which is around 3.5 ltrs each. I'll give them another watering in an hour or so and see if any comes out of the bottom. I did an experiment with a bucket of 100% sand and if it is really dry then the water will sit on top of it for a long time. My pots seem to have enough soil to allow the water to soak in immediately but with each watering the soil and sand will separate slightly. So far it's going better than I had expected so I'll keep doing what I'm doing I guess. They were feed 10g of MegaCrop in 10ltrs of water. I'll give them a couple hours and take some more pics if they wake up and start praying

My net pots do get mangled by the roots but I always cut them out and reuse. They’re just a little misshaped! I think mine are 2.5 inch, you can get a pack of 10 for cheap on eBay but take a while for delivery.

My net pots do get mangled by the roots but I always cut them out and reuse. They’re just a little misshaped! I think mine are 2.5 inch, you can get a pack of 10 for cheap on eBay but take a while for delivery.
I might just do that. I won't be using the cloner for a little while yet

We've had a mini flood! Turns out that the sand can't hold quite as much as a normal soil mix but I kind of expected that. But now I know how much the medium will hold I can use that information to avoid this in the future. The pots hold about 5ltrs before they burst their banks. I'm going to leave that floodwater in there for an hour or so to see if the pots suck it back up. They did last time but this is a bit more water lol....
ORG_DSC03510.JPG
ORG_DSC03508.JPG

Here is the Ayahuasca Purple! Not so pale now and looks healthy. Welcome to the family AP....
ORG_DSC03501.JPG
ORG_DSC03500.JPG

Thanks Al! She has a special place in my heart and is now a new favourite of mine. There's a lot I like about the GZ but because of the lower wattage lights and the fact that she got so big it became a bit of a pain. If I could find a pheno that has these colours and smell but is less leggy and a bit heavier yielding I'd be super happy. Maybe I have one in my reserves lol
Quadline one and see the difference possible , and a lot of tip spreading maybe ?. Still go 2ft but hopefully deals with the leggy a little , maybe a scrog contender too. Seeing the diff phenos mine are showing. The smallest is more of a sativa and needed boosting higher to catch the canopy. I think she will keep this stout stubby pattern now. The #1 is not as leggy as the ones i have seen in grows here which has to be the quad.
I took a few shots with you in mind for foresight maybe on the BG41. She is 27inches at her tallest cola after pinning down for 5 weeks veg remember?. I am surprised by her weave of hopefuls and would be interested to see a Prof O.s style example. I think these will be a very good yielder in the right hands. stretch was great too. she does look over it now so can get on with buds
20190716_100521.jpg
20190716_100408.jpg
20190716_100311.jpg
20190716_100300.jpg

Veg Tent Update....

Doesn't look like it'll be too long before these can be put into flower. I'm more than happy that they're not suffocating or drowning in the sand and actually seem to be growing better than normal. I'm going to bite the bullet and water them soon as I think they'll be needing it. I want to see how the water sits in the pots and whether it's going to leak out all over the place. Over in the other veg tent there's nothing happening. That's a lie. Just like with the POG I forgot to make sure that the pots were watered. When I checked they were very dry and my initial thought was that the seeds could have dried up. So I dug all 3 of them up and all 3 are good. We should see them break ground tomorrow....
ORG_DSC03470.JPG

Blue Gelato 41's....
ORG_DSC03477.JPG
ORG_DSC03471.JPG
ORG_DSC03472.JPG
ORG_DSC03475.JPG

Strawberry Lemonade's....
ORG_DSC03473.JPG
ORG_DSC03474.JPG
ORG_DSC03478.JPG
ORG_DSC03479.JPG
ORG_DSC03476.JPG
looking good mate and lucky break in the other seeds. Seems the universe has seen fit to send you good fortune for this one finally.

We've had a mini flood! Turns out that the sand can't hold quite as much as a normal soil mix but I kind of expected that. But now I know how much the medium will hold I can use that information to avoid this in the future. The pots hold about 5ltrs before they burst their banks. I'm going to leave that floodwater in there for an hour or so to see if the pots suck it back up. They did last time but this is a bit more water lol....
ORG_DSC03510.JPG
ORG_DSC03508.JPG

Here is the Ayahuasca Purple! Not so pale now and looks healthy. Welcome to the family AP....
ORG_DSC03501.JPG
ORG_DSC03500.JPG
Are you soaking it in or gradual prof. thinking how easy sand can move through the soil to exit/gather at the bottoms maybe ?. bit like clayballs/coco on a more minute scale. When i soak fed , the balls eventually found each other in clumps from movement. Just a thought about if there is layering happening too , could allow some through then surface sit on layer , pushing it outward ?. probably overthinking it mate.

ORG_DSC03510.JPG
ORG_DSC03508.JPG

ORG_DSC03501.JPG
ORG_DSC03500.JPG
Welcome to the world Little lady , Daddy has some treats in stall for you.

Quadline one and see the difference possible , and a lot of tip spreading maybe ?. Still go 2ft but hopefully deals with the leggy a little , maybe a scrog contender too. Seeing the diff phenos mine are showing. The smallest is more of a sativa and needed boosting higher to catch the canopy. I think she will keep this stout stubby pattern now. The #1 is not as leggy as the ones i have seen in grows here which has to be the quad.
I took a few shots with you in mind for foresight maybe on the BG41. She is 27inches at her tallest cola after pinning down for 5 weeks veg remember?. I am surprised by her weave of hopefuls and would be interested to see a Prof O.s style example. I think these will be a very good yielder in the right hands. stretch was great too. she does look over it now so can get on with buds
20190716_100521.jpg
20190716_100408.jpg
20190716_100311.jpg
20190716_100300.jpg
I see you're getting ready for a jungle of frost! The BG41 looks great as do all you're plants but like you said, I have my eye on that one now.
looking good mate and lucky break in the other seeds. Seems the universe has seen fit to send you good fortune for this one finally.
I'm a jammy git when it comes to seeds. I'll ne posting a pic of the Purple Punch in a moment
Are you soaking it in or gradual prof. thinking how easy sand can move through the soil to exit/gather at the bottoms maybe ?. bit like clayballs/coco on a more minute scale. When i soak fed , the balls eventually found each other in clumps from movement. Just a thought about if there is layering happening too , could allow some through then surface sit on layer , pushing it outward ?. probably overthinking it mate.
with this watering which was the first since transplant I did it in 2 stages. I may only have to use one can of water between the 4 of them every couple days if I'm lucky. Soon when we flip to flower we'll know how much they like a drink and as long as I can keep up we'll be fine
Welcome to the world Little lady , Daddy has some treats in stall for you.
im not sure I'd call them treats. Decapitation, snapping of limbs and being fattened up to the point of bursting is what I have planned for them :)

Phantom OG....

She's got some bud on her! It's day 51 of flower so we are on the final stretch now with her. What an easy strain to grow. With both the other plants I felt like I had to put in more effort. The OS needed serious defoliation and tying down to get her opened up to the light. The GZ needed a good support which she probably got a little too late. She could have also done with a much better clean up. The POG though has really just had a once over with the snips during earlier flower. I did some work to tidy her up during veg a few times but it's not necessary. She has some nice tight nodes and some healthy nugs all the way down. Even the bud that's in the shade is doing well and will be added to the good nugs pile if they continue the way they are. The thrips aren't amounting to much in their offensive and she'll be down long before they hurt her now. Still haven't staked her and she's not flopped. I'm going to use some hangers when I need to but I'm not worried about her going over like the GZ. Here she is today....
ORG_DSC03547.JPG
ORG_DSC03549.JPG
ORG_DSC03551.JPG
ORG_DSC03552.JPG
ORG_DSC03553.JPG
ORG_DSC03554.JPG
ORG_DSC03555.JPG
ORG_DSC03556.JPG
ORG_DSC03557.JPG
ORG_DSC03558.JPG

I see you're getting ready for a jungle of frost! The BG41 looks great as do all you're plants but like you said, I have my eye on that one now.

I'm a jammy git when it comes to seeds. I'll ne posting a pic of the Purple Punch in a moment

with this watering which was the first since transplant I did it in 2 stages. I may only have to use one can of water between the 4 of them every couple days if I'm lucky. Soon when we flip to flower we'll know how much they like a drink and as long as I can keep up we'll be fine

im not sure I'd call them treats. Decapitation, snapping of limbs and being fattened up to the point of bursting is what I have planned for them :)
Hahahahah no different from real parenting really then ! except the decapitation one , that would be cruel !.
Thanks on the positive comments mate. It is all going too well !!!!. expect a bust just as everything is jarvested just to stop me even having a taste.lpl. would be a siege situation i can tell you. keep watch on the news lol.

Phantom OG....

She's got some bud on her! It's day 51 of flower so we are on the final stretch now with her. What an easy strain to grow. With both the other plants I felt like I had to put in more effort. The OS needed serious defoliation and tying down to get her opened up to the light. The GZ needed a good support which she probably got a little too late. She could have also done with a much better clean up. The POG though has really just had a once over with the snips during earlier flower. I did some work to tidy her up during veg a few times but it's not necessary. She has some nice tight nodes and some healthy nugs all the way down. Even the bud that's in the shade is doing well and will be added to the good nugs pile if they continue the way they are. The thrips aren't amounting to much in their offensive and she'll be down long before they hurt her now. Still haven't staked her and she's not flopped. I'm going to use some hangers when I need to but I'm not worried about her going over like the GZ. Here she is today....
ORG_DSC03547.JPG
ORG_DSC03549.JPG
ORG_DSC03551.JPG
ORG_DSC03552.JPG
ORG_DSC03553.JPG
ORG_DSC03554.JPG
ORG_DSC03555.JPG
ORG_DSC03556.JPG
ORG_DSC03557.JPG
ORG_DSC03558.JPG
Big booty bitch. lol. looks great prof.

Look what showed up on my doorstep today!

@Barney's Farm has come through again and sent another promo package! I’ll be joking you on the PPunch Prof and can’t wait to drop these Glookies!!
Nice one Dutch! Because I didn't choose the Glookies I really want to grow it now lol. I'll be following that one for sure. It'll be good having another Purple Punch to compare with as I don't know of any others on the forum yet :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom