Another Moderators Journal, Featuring Mars Hydro, Barneys Farm, Gorilla Seeds & Dope Seeds

Hi there :)

You have a fabulous looking grow space. If I’m successful with my first few indoor grows I’m hoping to copy it.

I have a question. I too am using the TS 1000, could you please share the desired light distance From your plants from seedling, to new growth all the way to flower? I’m not sure if I’m using my light correctly.

We planted at around the same time and you are leaving me for dead!

I look forward to watching you blitz it :)

Hi there :)

You have a fabulous looking grow space. If I’m successful with my first few indoor grows I’m hoping to copy it.

I have a question. I too am using the TS 1000, could you please share the desired light distance From your plants from seedling, to new growth all the way to flower? I’m not sure if I’m using my light correctly.

We planted at around the same time and you are leaving me for dead!

I look forward to watching you blitz it :)

Hi there Trala :passitleft:

Light distance from the canopy depends on your grow strategy and the structure you are trying to achieve. If you have a commercial indoor operation, you would want that distance to be the longest but if you have a very small grow setup, then you want to get them as close as possible to maximise the benefits without burning your budsite. I use a large distance until transition week but get as close as possible after that point. I top my plants from a high point(like from the 7th or 8th node set) and then scrog. When I want to promote vertical growth, I use the maximum distance between canopy and lights, but when I want my plants to produce buds or stack nodes, I use the minimum distance.

I haven't used the TS1000 but they look like a mid power design and therefore, would be gentle on your canopy. However I don't recommend a distance shorter than 20cm. I am also using a similar LED board and plants feel unhappy when this distance is shorter than 20cm. What I'm using is more powerful but still, it would be best if you can bloom your plants without any light stress. Try to stay away from the edge.

Usually the closer is the better but you need to experiment to find your canopies proper distance from the light source. If you are living in a cool place, you might get your lights closer but keep in mind that maybe your choice of strain would dislike that. You should consider lots of parameters when it comes to decide how close you can get to the canopy. Basically you need to figure that out yourself.

I recommend starting with 25cm because its both efficient and safe. Since your lights are gentler on the canopy, I would definately experiment on shorter distances to stack some nodes and increase bud building. Training is the key for big harvests so make sure you don't skip that as well. Defoliate properly and expose the whole budsite to these lights. You will be fine on any distance then:blunt:

Hi there Trala :passitleft:

Light distance from the canopy depends on your grow strategy and the structure you are trying to achieve. If you have a commercial indoor operation, you would want that distance to be the longest but if you have a very small grow setup, then you want to get them as close as possible to maximise the benefits without burning your budsite. I use a large distance until transition week but get as close as possible after that point. I top my plants from a high point(like from the 7th or 8th node set) and then scrog. When I want to promote vertical growth, I use the maximum distance between canopy and lights, but when I want my plants to produce buds or stack nodes, I use the minimum distance.

I haven't used the TS1000 but they look like a mid power design and therefore, would be gentle on your canopy. However I don't recommend a distance shorter than 20cm. I am also using a similar LED board and plants feel unhappy when this distance is shorter than 20cm. What I'm using is more powerful but still, it would be best if you can bloom your plants without any light stress. Try to stay away from the edge.

Usually the closer is the better but you need to experiment to find your canopies proper distance from the light source. If you are living in a cool place, you might get your lights closer but keep in mind that maybe your choice of strain would dislike that. You should consider lots of parameters when it comes to decide how close you can get to the canopy. Basically you need to figure that out yourself.

I recommend starting with 25cm because its both efficient and safe. Since your lights are gentler on the canopy, I would definately experiment on shorter distances to stack some nodes and increase bud building. Training is the key for big harvests so make sure you don't skip that as well. Defoliate properly and expose the whole budsite to these lights. You will be fine on any distance then:blunt:
Thank you for your reply.

I have a very small tent 70cm x 70cm x 160cm. I am currently approx 50-60cm away. I might jiggle down today.

It’s my first grow indoors, and tbh everything thing I’ve learned is from in here.

Hi Mr A,

The other week I dropped a message on mars sponsor site about dimming that light & the answer from mars users was a resounding yes on dimming via set screw on the driver. I don’t know how to cross link between journals but another reply came from smokesara & she said all the TS series could be dimmed except the TS600. Hope this helps in some small way.

So I’m wondering, not to be nosy - but how did your plant turn out? I’m curious to learn if the top leaves recovered, were pruned out or if she powered on thru....and/or if you had any secret sauce to circumvent the problems.

Hope all is well in your corner of world - wherever that may be!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom