N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Ooooo paradiso sounds divine
It sure does! The French vanilla terps it’s supposed to have sound delicious! It’s a Gelato 33 cross which is new to me but I’ve heard good things about it!
love it when the bebes are considerate enough to be born on the same day (basically.
IKR! It was very considerate of them,makes the start of the grow a lot easier when they are basically the same age.
seems like those rapid rooters are working seamlessly for you.
I really do like using them, I used them initially for starting seeds for the few Dwc grows I did and they worked great for that but they are just as good for getting them started in soil. They are kinda the consistency of a sponge and hold just the right amount of moisture to give the seedlings a great start!

Sweet transplants on the cute sprouts! Leggy isn't a problem since you can sink them deeper on the next upcan.

:cheer:
Thanks Shed, figured there was no point messing around and got the wee ones transplanted as soon as I could.
I’ll bury them a bit deeper when I put them into the one gals on the next transplant, I just see others on the site with nice compact seedlings and I get a bit jealous lol.

Update Time.

Wanted to start off by wishing my fellow Canadian grow buddies a Happy Thanksgiving!

On to the plants!
Today is Day 11 since sprout for Fried Strawberry’s and Paradiso. So far things have been uneventful and that’s a good thing!
They all have their 3rd set of leaves now, the awkward seedling stage is in the rear view mirror now and I’m happy to see it done.

Fried Strawberry’s on the left Paradiso on the right.

They are still a bit top heavy with their tiny stems that can barely hold them up, I’ve been moving the 6 inch clip on fan closer every couple of days to try to get those little stems a bit stronger.

The light intensity for the wee ones has increased simplicity because they have grown up to the light and are now sitting at 140 Ppfd, I may bump it up in a day or so but so far so good.

The back right Paradiso will be ready for a water/feeding in the next day or 2, it will be the first time since the initial watering since their up cans to solo cups.

Happy Growing.

They do look quite happy with very few inputs from me. They are helping me master the art of thumb twiddling!
They're looking good N!

Tag me if you need some tips on twiddling. :)

Nice to see Enfourtwo-oh has new life in the tent!

Is this going to be a 4 plant run or slightly more?
Are you going liquid or peat?
Tiara or Tea pot and doilies?

Nice to see Enfourtwo-oh has new life in the tent!
Thanks Bvb I’m quite happy to have another run underway, I have high hopes for these plants hopefully they don’t disappoint.
Is this going to be a 4 plant run or slightly more?
I’m going with 4 this time, thinking I should try to keep them a bit smaller before they get flipped just so they ate not to crowded once I get into flower, I managed to fill the 4x8 with 3 plants on the last run.
Are you going liquid or peat?
Peat. Don’t know if I’ll do Dwc again, too much up keep that’s too time consuming. I am considering a Coco run in the future just to try something different.
Tiara or Tea pot and doilies?
Ideally both but we will have to see what speaks to me!

Hey Everyone.

The 4 ladies are now on day 17 since breaking ground and so far so good.

I still haven’t done much with these, they have all been fed once with Flora Flex V1 and V2@ 1.7 grams/ gallon which is half of the recommended dosage for Veg, given their age I didn’t want to push it beyond that.
I’ve been turning up the light intensity every couple of days and they are now getting 225 Ppfd, they have responded well so far and will continue to turn up the intensity until they start complaining.

They all have 4 nodes now and soon will have their 5th. Training will be underway soon just not sure what way I want to go.
I’ve been happy with the results from doing quads the last couple of grows but I’m also considering a topping technique I’ve learned from a grower I follow on other social media platforms that has me intrigued.

I would call it low stress topping by removing any leaves with stems on the tallest branches on the plant to allow the branches lower on the plant to catch up.

I’ve followed along on a bunch of his grows and he gets very even canopies with a lot of bud sites.

That’s all for me hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Happy Growing.

Edit: after posting I realized the video of the topping technique got restricted, it’s a bit frustrating not being able show it in my journal but hopefully the way I explained it makes sense.

Your plants look terrific N! Not sure if that vid will stay because it's age restricted, but if anyone want to check it out it's here if you remove the space:
https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcX91T4ZAKA

I'm not sure how the leaf taking technique works to create an even canopy (unless it just slows down the apical growth), but what it doesn't seem to do is create two tops from the main stem.

Give that technique a go N420, "for the anecdote!" :Rasta:

I'm not sure how the leaf taking technique works to create an even canopy (unless it just slows down the apical growth), but what it doesn't seem to do is create two tops from the main stem.
I do have a bit of confusion over the technique, From what I know he grows from clone and I’m thinking that makes a difference, the video shows mature plants not sure how they get to look like that from young.
My understanding is it does slow down the apical growth from the tallest branches by causing some stress on the particular branches you remove the leaves from and allow the ones you don’t do it too to catch up giving you multiple tops. I was thinking I would top the main stem above the 5th node like I normally do then as the secondary’s start to grow up removing leaves from the most dominant branches to try and keep them as even as possible.

You got it GDB, maybe I’ll limit it to a couple and do the other 2 as quads for science!
Science smience. True groundbreaking developments stem from anecdotes! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom