Beateo's - Soil - Lemon Kush Feminized - 2014 - 1st Attempt

This is day 69 of flowering. For my Lemon Kush, tomorrow is supposed to be harvest day but that's not gonna happen. So I still have ZERO amber trichomes and now I'm wondering how reliable an indicator that color is?
I'm going to try to have patience. My question now is if there never is going to be any amber trichomes and I wait too long to harvest, what's the worst that can happen? THC degrade a little or is the whole grow totally ruined? I'd hate to have almost 5 months into a grow and then have it turn to crap because I can't read the signs! If these girls were not "setting a crop" and were normal house plants, I'd say the Kush and the Haze were both dying. Here are two pictures concentrating on the discoloration.

Hey B! Lookin like they should in my opinion buddy. You want them to look that way because that means they are....here it comes...wait for it...'translocating'. The whole purpose of flushing is to remove the excess nutrients and carbohydrates from the plant which is why your plants look like they are dying but they are not. I did the same thing as you with my last harvest. I had originally planned to harvest over the weekend of Dec. 20-21, but I had no amber trichomes - none - not one. So I waited and more and more translocation occurred over the next week and come Dec. 27 - not one amber trichome. I did have a significant amount of increased bud fill and tightening though. They were so dank and sticky and I went ahead and harvested the lot on Dec. 28. Even the completely yellowed leaves were covered in trichs. I think what KJC stated before in your journal that if no amber trichs appear then use the change in pistil color as a guide - i.e. when 80% of them have browned/oranged. They are not 'dying' yet they are just finishing. They will remain turgid and continue their H20 update for a long time through senescence. I know you think I make this $*&t up as I go along...and maybe I do lmao...but in all sincerity my friend, you are doing just fine. Keep them dry but enough water keep the soil completely damp once and a while like you are and get your frickin' scissor sharpened and your harvest hands and fingers stretched and ready buddy!

Well done brother B! well done!

:thumb:

Thanks! I really like your "reason for edit" LMAO~~! :Namaste:

Hey B! Lookin like they should in my opinion buddy. You want them to look that way because that means they are....here it comes...wait for it...'translocating'. The whole purpose of flushing is to remove the excess nutrients and carbohydrates from the plant which is why your plants look like they are dying but they are not. I did the same thing as you with my last harvest. I had originally planned to harvest over the weekend of Dec. 20-21, but I had no amber trichomes - none - not one. So I waited and more and more translocation occurred over the next week and come Dec. 27 - not one amber trichome. I did have a significant amount of increased bud fill and tightening though. They were so dank and sticky and I went ahead and harvested the lot on Dec. 28. Even the completely yellowed leaves were covered in trichs. I think what KJC stated before in your journal that if no amber trichs appear then use the change in pistil color as a guide - i.e. when 80% of them have browned/oranged. They are not 'dying' yet they are just finishing. They will remain turgid and continue their H20 update for a long time through senescence. I know you think I make this $*&t up as I go along...and maybe I do lmao...but in all sincerity my friend, you are doing just fine. Keep them dry but enough water keep the soil completely damp once and a while like you are and get your frickin' scissor sharpened and your harvest hands and fingers stretched and ready buddy!

Well done brother B! well done!

:thumb:

Beateo, your getting there!! I cant help you as far as when - Ive only grown 1 other time but what colorful said makes sense. (unless he did make it up/ in that case get another opinion) LOL

They do look nice and full though - hope you sharpened your scissors :)

"It's critical haze by a node but wild child is making a break and closing on the outside, lemon Kush is driving hard on the inside lane!" Colorfuldayze your a nut!!! :rofl:

This is day 69 of flowering. For my Lemon Kush, tomorrow is supposed to be harvest day but that's not gonna happen.
So I still have ZERO amber trichomes and now I'm wondering how reliable an indicator that color is?
I'm going to try to have patience. My question now is if there never is going to be any amber trichomes and I wait too long to harvest, what's the worst that can happen? THC degrade a little or is the whole grow totally ruined? I'd hate to have almost 5 months into a grow and then have it turn to crap because I can't read the signs! If these girls were not "setting a crop" and were normal house plants, I'd say the Kush and the Haze were both dying.

Here are two pictures concentrating on the discoloration.

DSCN20478.JPG

DSCN20487.JPG

Plants grown under Compact Florescent Lights can take longer to finish then the breeders stated time. Breeders usually give their harvest days figures for plants grown under 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium lights. Your plants are using up nutrients stored in their fan leaves, as the plants continue to use stored nutrients the leaves will continue to yellow and brown. If you are unable to judge when to harvest by trichome maturity cannabis plants may also be harvested when 80% of the pistils have turned orange/brown and have withered. You want to harvest after the yellowing progresses to the fan leaves but before the yellowing reaches the sugar leaves as your harvest flush proceeds.

All of you make sense. I know I've been over this ground before.... sorry for the re-hash... so to speak. I've done this entire grow as inexpensive as possible, as home-made as I could, and for some reason expect it all to go perfectly and without a hitch! I said way back that if "it only went this far I'd be happy because I've learned so much"... man looking back from here that was total bullshit!! :) I want as much of my own home grown meds as possible. There are certainties.. either my trichomes will begin to turn amber.. or they won't. If they don't turn, then I'll either correctly estimate 80% pistils turned or I won't. The plants will all eventually die. I'm smokin' these girls if I have to dry & smoke the damn roots.... they're gittin' smoked!!
I have that "70 days" from the breeder stuck in my head. Now KingJohn pointed out why it's different with CFLs..... I'm taking my girls off the timer. They'll finish when they finish. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge. And Colorfuldayze.. thank you for making up such really good stuff man! This has become rambling. :Namaste:

I've been feeling a bit like you B. At first, just happy to be growing and then really wanting a GREAT harvest, harvested at the precisely perfect time. You've been doing well and I know that this will continue until the end.

I said it before, and I'll say it again... smoke test. I don't think it matters what the trichomes/buds/pistals look like, if the smoke gives you the effect you want then it's ready. So every couple of days, take one or two cone's worth off, quick dry it and test it. If you're happy with the high, then you can harvest. If it's too cerebral, then leave it if you want a more stoned effect.

In the end, you're probably not going to know if another week would have been better. But if you enjoy the smoke then it was the right time!

I've learned something very valuable about this community. It appears that posts can be deleted. I consider myself a diligent and intelligent person and am certain that there was previously a post from Beateo that expressed concerns re: what appeared to be a call out on my oversight that Beateo's grow was an auto grow. Our colleague too old also responded with "hmmm" that also included a refereence to the "auto issue" and that post appears to also have been deleted.

In my respect for this site, and my for my friends, I have searched, researched, and refreshed pages to find these posts in order to correct anything I said wrong. I cannont relocate those posts.

It tells me something about the 'periphery' of this community that troubles me and gives me pasue.

I meant you no disrespect my friend. I have farmed all of my life, have multiple degrees in soil science, soil chemistry, botany, biology, international relations, russian and german...but I seem to have blown it here...and with that I wish you all things kind Mr. Beateo. I was only ever here to grow cannabis and support my medicinal needs. I in no way meant to lead you astray with technical terms that have been foundations of the scientific community since the dawn of agriculture. I wish you all things kind sir, and best.

aww colorfuldaze, i hope you didnt take my comment to heart. "(unless he did make it up/ in that case get another opinion)" I was only joking when i said that because you had joked about it (as i said you crack me up) but also I respect your advice along with others here that know a hell of a lot more than i do. I think Beateo feels the same way. :peace: :circle-of-love:

colorfuldayze, Post can be deleted but I don't think there's a way that you or I could do it? I know the moderators can and do delete stuff like the spam. I vaguely remember talking about a misunderstanding or something about my plants being autos. There is no reason in the world any of that would have been deleted that I can think of? To be honest, I don't even remember whose thread that discussion was on. Now on to what is obviously way more important.... I'm really not sure what just happened here? I made a joke about you "making up stuff" because you used a term I'd never heard. I thought you kind of played along with the joke. What happened from there has me completely baffled?? You seem upset and to also think I'm upset at the same time and I don't know how any of this happened. I'm having to make an assumption (which I don't like to do) that you have mis-read or misunderstood something I posted? That would have to be the case since there is nothing I wrote that was even REMOTELY meant to hurt, upset, put down.. etc.. anyone.
I want to assure everyone that I am not upset with ANYONE on this site and I apologize to anyone who I may have inadvertently said something to upset. I have not felt even one tiny bit of disrespect or negativity coming from anyone and I really hope I haven't somehow put any of that out myself! :Namaste:

I've learned something very valuable about this community. It appears that posts can be deleted. I consider myself a diligent and intelligent person and am certain that there was previously a post from Beateo that expressed concerns re: what appeared to be a call out on my oversight that Beateo's grow was an auto grow. Our colleague too old also responded with "hmmm" that also included a refereence to the "auto issue" and that post appears to also have been deleted.

In my respect for this site, and my for my friends, I have searched, researched, and refreshed pages to find these posts in order to correct anything I said wrong. I cannont relocate those posts.

It tells me something about the 'periphery' of this community that troubles me and gives me pasue.

I meant you no disrespect my friend. I have farmed all of my life, have multiple degrees in soil science, soil chemistry, botany, biology, international relations, russian and german...but I seem to have blown it here...and with that I wish you all things kind Mr. Beateo. I was only ever here to grow cannabis and support my medicinal needs. I in no way meant to lead you astray with technical terms that have been foundations of the scientific community since the dawn of agriculture. I wish you all things kind sir, and best.

Hey BEATEO

Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small.

Words my gramps lived by.

Many people, anyone can have kids.

No license, no test, no nothing just sum humpin.

Not anyone can take a seed, place it in soil, and make something beautiful out of it.

You'll get better if you want. The seed will grow, how well can you grow it.

You've just started my friend, that's what I think.

Nice plants, be patient. It was a bean at one time.

You got it this far..

I in no way meant to lead you astray with technical terms that have been foundations of the scientific community since the dawn of agriculture. I wish you all things kind sir, and best.

colofuldayze, I just re-read this after a really half-assed night of tossing and turning and I just realized what a load of passive/aggressive B.S. that last sentence of yours above is! I have been nothing but kind and tried to be helpful to you in every way possible and in no way do I deserve this attitude from you sir! Furthermore, it appears from your postings that you somehow believe that either I or someone else have erased or manipulated some of my posts dealing with "autos" re: "my oversight that Beateo's grow was an auto grow" (which it is NOT) but WHO and WHY would anyone erase any of my posts so that you couldn't find them? I would like to know exactly how "It tells you something about the 'periphery' of this community that troubles you and gives you pause." Do you see some post erasing conspiracy that I've missed? Sorry about the sarcasm, but I get that way when I'm accused of stuff I didn't do. I will end this by saying that I did have a post erased by the moderators when I was really new... it was a post about seed delivery methods that aren't permitted because of putting our sponsors in a bind... at any rate, from my experience, when a moderator removed my post, I was informed of it and given a reason why it was happening! Also, I am reading from others and it's clear that I'm not the only one who is totally confused by your current actions. Now I'm going to get off of this and say no more about it since the negative vibes are making my stomach upset. I wish you well colorfuldayze! :Namaste:

... and I really hope I haven't somehow put any of that out myself! :Namaste:

You havent, not as far as I can see. Unless these missing posts contained the formula to eternal youth or something.

Your plants look great .. I'm also still not seeing any ambers but I'm going dark tonight ... I need the space as I have 12 plants waiting to flower and a mum in need of a haircut :p

LOL PlanetJ! :) There aren't any missing posts.... maybe imaginary ones??
Thanks for the good words... I'm going to have to do some figuring and decide whether to harvest based on pistils or wait a bit and hope for the ambers to come?? I will be smoking a test nug from my Haze later tonight.... report to follow :) That smoke will go a long way to decide whether I harvest now or not.
:Namaste:

You havent, not as far as I can see. Unless these missing posts contained the formula to eternal youth or something.

Your plants look great .. I'm also still not seeing any ambers but I'm going dark tonight ... I need the space as I have 12 plants waiting to flower and a mum in need of a haircut :p

I do know that there are some recent forum upgrades that that have caused a few forum bugs. Did you receive a advisory from a moderator about a deleted post? If you did not receive an advisory from a moderator concerning deleted posts you may be experiencing a forum error. Please report forum errors to this forum

Website Help & Feedback

I just finished building a new CFL light bar. My next grow is going to be more than just the 4 plants I have now so I made one big enough to handle 8 using 5 gallon buckets for pots even though I'm only intending to do 6 this time. I also got a couple of new reflector hoods and some of the "2 bulbs in 1 outlet" type fixtures (don't have a clue what they call those little plastic things... splitters?) :)
I did learn a lot from this current grow... such as I will definitely go buy some of the stuff you use to dip clones in.. ?some kind of hormone I think? Plus, even though I'm not as poor as I let on (I have a good retirement that my wife beats me up and takes every month.... just like lunch money :helpsmilie: ) LOL I still won't have to buy all the stuff I got already for this grow! I do want to get a ph probe instead of using the test strips I've got now.... and this grow is still going to be CFL but I'm hoping my 3rd will be either LED or the HPS/MH lighting. Crappy report... sorry no pictures today but nothing really looks any different to me? Don't remember if I mentioned it but I did find an actual "420 shop" that carries everything a grower would need. It's roughly a 20 minute drive from my farm!
Any suggestions for my coming 2nd grow? You guys and gals have been here watching my good stuff and my screw ups so I wouldn't trust anyone any more than you guys! :)

Yeah... I dislike "drama" like that down to every atom in my body! (Still haven't got a clue what any of that was about) I'm thrilled to have you here though whatever the cause :) Your kind of experience is always welcome.

Hey Beateo.....came to follow the drama and see what happened....anyway....might as well sub up if you dont mind:)

Back
Top Bottom